Auction House Performance Issue - 1 September

Just to name a few:

• Browsing forums and filtering Blizzard bluepost (responses)
  • Following relevant twitter channels reporting bugs and putting the notifications on as push messages while play (you can actually do that and be informed while playing)
  • Be part of community discords
  • Talk to people ingame (I have seen the ENTIRE week people complain about the AH ingame via zone chat)

At this point, you have to actively disengage from conversations with other WoW players to NOT hear about the AH being affected.

Or in other words, “truly living behind the moon”.

1 Like

And how is that our problems? I’m a paying customer. If the product is not in condition at least give us some compensation!

Im not launching game until forum says AH is baby smooth transations.

1 Like
1 Like

Got to wait until weekly reset, since fixing the AH is hardly a priority.

That’s if the fix even works.

Why would I go to Twitter or actively search for specific blue posts or even join a discord just to find out about bugs. I just want to play the game. If blizzard has an important notification they should post it through the launcher. People keep talking about the AH being slow on trade chat. That’s the only thing I’ve seen.

That’s the same thing as “Read our book if you want to understand the lore”. Nope, tell me everything in the game.

Well written post right here. As we all enjoy this game in our different ways I mostly enjoy playing around auction house, professions, crafting, selling, re-selling, making money. We all know that every expansion start brings us more opportunity to earn gold and to stash it somewhere or for anything later that you need. Some of you will say “you have other activities as well” but no, I want to stick to something I like and that is playing around auction house and economy, but there is a problem, it’s DEAD. Main, core aspect of WOW is DEAD. So I’m just running around like headless chicken trying to reload my game, reload AH. Sometimes I manage to post something, and it’s not visible at all, it went to void. I know it didn’t disappear but it’s not visible until it gets sold or expires. I had to download auctinator addon because there is no way for any of us to buy anything from AH at this moment.

I myself work similar job like you guys are working and it’s insulting me when after 7 days all you can say is we are investigating the problem.

I’m not sure is this enough for refund of this or is it possible at this time but if nothing changes in a day or two i’ll just simply quit, uninstall game, ask for refund and either i get it or not i’ll never come back. Shame on you.

• Your dedicated player since 2006.

Not to mention canceling you auctions. How the hell “The item was not found” can affect my own auctions which have been undercutted? I have 600-800k gold in items that i can not cancel to re-post. I’m loosing hundreds of thousands maybe milions of gold just by this issue, being unable to cancel my own posted auctions.

We need some answers, good or bad, it doesn’t matter, we just need honest and straight forward answers to our question.

Basically 1 person can hold up the entire region on a specific item.
So if the item value is 200, someone can just keep posting single offers to bait other sellers at 70g and whenever you want to buy that item, the 70g offer is automatically included, but since you’re not fast enough to buy it with the standard blizzard UI, you’ll always get the “no item available”.

So despite the fact that there are thousands of offers at 200g, that i’m willing to pay 200g, the game just does not let me buy the item i want at the price i want. This isn’t a bug, IT’S BY DESIGN.

Lol good luck with that. I was forced to ask people that were selling things on AH to cancel the auctions and trade me the items instead, because I couldn’t buy them. Honestly feels like the good old days (I dont miss them)

Another expansion, another blizzard skill (not) … AH broken or laggy, no item exist , cant buy or sell (seems not all players though ) … amazing skill blizz in fixing crap (not)…

I don’t recall the AH being this bad at/after Oversizedlizardflight launch.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the issue.

For example with prof equipment there’s pieces for 110G and ones for 2000. If I try to buy the 2000G it even asks me “do you want to pay 2000?”, so even if the 110G item is constantly being listed/unlisted every second (making it impossible to buy) the server could just skip to the next one, check if it’s under the limit I consented to and try to buy it.

I think you should touch grass if you command people what to do if they pay 90€ for early access or 50€standard + 14€ month and the product is broken several days even weeks… I absolutely love personalities who don’t see a problem where they don’t participate and you’ll keep saying “I don’t use this feature, it doesn’t matter… touch the grass” until your whole game is broken. You’re just a drone who is contributing to the deteriorating quality of this game and we won’t thank you for that.

1 Like

That so many people care about the AH is a bit baffling and i don’t know why you expected a good working product from the 2024 version of Blizzard.

I’ve had some items show as “item not found”

But most gear, Consumables, enchants i have been able to buy.

it was first week

Items and commodities are practically two different AHs using the same interface, this problem i highlighted is exclusively for commodities.
Also the Item AH is server specific.

So how come some people can still use it? Are they using the addon now too to purchase things? Because I couldn’t even list earlier never mind try buy

Well you can’t sell commodities properly anymore, which means, at some point people will also not be able to buy anything. OP is correct, if you don’t buy high stacks, you have no chance to buy commodities at all. Same issue as a seller, I listed mutliple commodities for the current lowest price for almost 2 days now, always 12h listings. For some reason the commodities go straight to the nether, are not listed at all and you get them mailed back after 12 hours… It’s a matter of time until the AH is basically empty, the more players are affected as I am. Currently it seems like not everyone has this issue.

Welcome to the club… i needed stop actively posting like 48hrs now (since i cant cancel and relist). i have round about 35k crafting materials that are kinda stuck in the “void”. the price dropped around 55gold each. so i lost around 1.9kk in value… and that is just for my jewelcrafter.
I think my overall loss is around 4kk right now.