Auction House Performance Issue - 1 September

… I hope this is true and am gonna login to test it. Thank you for posting on forums and not external social media. I appreciate it.

1 Like

Yeah it appears to be ok now, thank you!

Finally, and look, no addons had to be banned, like that was ever the issue.

:clap: :crossed_fingers: Let’s hope for the best

All hail Blizzard, they actually fixed it!

So they finally banned the bots? :smiley: (just joking)

1 Like

this is great new.
Now the priroty #1 for Blizzard devs should be fix warbank so we can use account shared material for crafting orders which became very important in TWW and we do them very often.

I think they should also make all items on AH region wide. Stop people buying on cheap servers to sell on expensive servers. It isn’t fair on the general economy. I say this as someone who does it myself on a very very small scale when I see a steal. I’d rather it not be an option at all.

I think it’s better not to let the developers touch the auction for at least a couple of months and try to “improve” it again ; ) Because according to what I have seen, this whole issue arose when they were trying to make some changes.

Does it need to go through testing now?

looks good so far :smiley:

Edit:
It was perfect at 5 AM, now 3PM its lagging again like hell

1 Like

Why am I under the impression that the game is overall much less laggy and smoother? It’s not just the AH performance that has improved. It is time to break AH addons and automation.

2 Likes

No Bad Auction house lasts forever…

As usual they haven’t really replied in any official way, you have to take to Twitter/X to find any real info. One of the Blizz guys posted what the problem was, how they are looking for a permanent fix and that they will throw more hardware against the problem on maintenance day. So buckle up for a few more days.

Is this acceptable? No, it sucks and they haven’t communicated in any decent manner. I mean, you got a freaking launcher for a reason.

For those interested, problem is a database table that normally contains 20-60k rows was turned into a table of millions of rows after a code change. Now if that table is regularly queried and now each query has to go through millions of rows instead of the usual 20-60k, it’s not hard to understand that the AH is slow.

Most likely they can’t do a simple rollback because the data stored in said table is critical and players would probably lose a lot of gold/items.

So…did i lost my Hood of Empty Eternity ( leather helm from trash in Sepulcher of The First One) ?
I put it in AH it goes for 300k but when i try to search for it there is only 2 helms both mythic version and mine was heroic. Has anyone lost an item during this AH fiasco? Should i go rampage?

So now that the AH is working and they fixed the back end that was causing the problem i wonder. How many addons were banned to make this happen? Did they block all the AH scanning? Maybe everyone just stopped using addons? or… could it be… maybe… just possibly… that is was nothing to do with addons all along… must just be a mad coincidence eh. :roll_eyes:

They said they’d increase hardware to improve the load, something to do with the DB.

Thank you little trash panda! :dracthyr_yay_animated:

It’s back to the previous state though :frowning: the fix lasted for too short. As of writing this post the AH is incredibly slow once more

3 Likes

works fine for me

edit: on Outland server it works fine, on Ravencrest still lags but it’s usable