Auction House Performance Issue - 1 September

Still super laggy, not sure what was “fixed” here.

3 Likes

its working better in this hour, after 12.00 PM you will see the difference

it was unusable in the last 5+ days on every server I had characters on in any time, now it works fine on smaller servers (for now), stormscale, sylvanas, outland are fine, ravencrest and draenor are lagging

I can see that the “fix” was simply to improve the hardware. The problem is still there, but less noticeable. 90% of the time it works at 10am CEST, but I still get “The item was not found” 10% of the time, although a refresh does update the list immediately and I can just try again as intended. So we still got the problem whatever it was which Blizz is aware is the case, but definitely less noticable than before the fix was applied. Curious to see how this goes during peak hours since this is still very early.

For reference, I play on EU-Kazzak.

3 Likes

yea I am afraid we are doomed again

1 Like

27g today. Almost half than what it was at last time we spoke :smile:

its just that when you read the wowhead post and or “X” post it looks like they did something splendid. I wonder, if they cooperate internally in blizz and test stuff.

Worked perfectly this morning. Gets slower since 9 AM. Now at 10 AM it has slowed done quite a bit. Not as terrible as yesterday but im sure it will get worse once everyone comes out of office later this day.

1 Like

I have been searching the auction houses on Argeng Dawn (Home Server), Draenor, Silvermoon, Defias Brotherhood, and Kazzak on my alts and the searches are going fine. I was on less than 10 minutes ago.

Haven’t had “Item Not Found” in a while.

Did you how the prices actually dropped all this time time it was throttled? Is because market for a little while workes as intened without bots and without constant baits etc. The mount of baiting listing and delisting and most important constant scanning like 10 time every second for every item by many many AH bots… Yeah i say that is the problem… Ppl want cheap prices and they think that bots will make that happen. AH is already flooded but yet no price drop… Because its not only them… Goblin Control the prices. When goblins and TSM is gone only then we will see price drops

No thats not true at all lmfao. You are just pulling stuff out of nowhere.

The prices were dropping because the AH was so broken that already sold auctions remained on the auction house listing for every1 (hence the item not found problem) so when people were putting up new items they undercut items that didnt actually exist making it so the items literally couldnt go up in price.

2 Likes

This night AH was working flawlessy (right after the statement), now it is back as it was yesterday (or even worse).
The fix lasted for just few hours.

1 Like

I did post earlier that it was still slow, then deleted it as things seemed to speed up, admittedly hardly anybody was online due to it being early morning.

Now it’s slowed down again, not as bad as it was, but it’s still kinda bad.

1 Like

It works better when there arent thousands of baiters scamming everyone, as soon as they start up again the AH throttles. If you believe this is a coding issue you need a rethink

2 Likes

ummm no :slight_smile: With the lag items were being bought but were still being shown as listed (which led to “item not found”) People were then undercutting these listings (even though they weren’t there) making the prices go down and down and down in a continuous cycle because people just couldn’t wait to post their stuff even though they were doing it at lower than average prices.

On a side note though, it seems to have borked again :stuck_out_tongue: Can’t search anything at all now :smiley: Get out the pitch forks!

1 Like

You realize the flip of materials is done better with the game ah interface and not with tsm?

1 Like

There is a bit of lag with the AH on Tarren Mill now but it’s still much better than what it was.

This is a nightmare if it still isn’t fixed. I had a moment of hope and then… bah. Blizzard do something.

1 Like

2 September, Darksorrow EU. It still takes about 7-8 seconds per query. I don’t know what you resolved, but this ain’t it.

1 Like