Auto Translator, PLEASE

So, as the title suggests, I am so sick and tired of the lack of proper communication-- or rather, the lack of any kind of communication with people from any non English country who have not learned the language.
It frustrates both me (or anyone who can speak English) and them (the people who do not speak English). You can literally not even run an open world drop farm if you have to communicate with such individuals, which results in neither of us enjoying the game when playing with each other.

So add an auto translator! Please, is it that hard? It will never be anywhere near 100% accurate, but at least some basic communication will be possible.
Please.

2 Likes

It’s not that hard, but the licensing costs are probably too expensive for that amount of people.

Why don’t you learn their language?

10 Likes

You realise that the language indicator on the realm selection page only shows the language tgat the support is in, not the required language for the realms!

2 Likes

How dare they not speak your mothertongue?!

The lack of communication might not be because of language bariers, but because some people are just shy or reluctant to talk. A translator would not fix this.

3 Likes

It can’t be that hard for them to try to replicate the auto translate that they have in chat for FFXIV. It’s not auto translate as in google translate - key words and phrases useful for the game are selectable and then will appear in the selected native language of those receiving the chat.

It’s fine I think, even if some people like my Russian friend struggle to speak English, atleast she practice everyday as I do as well and start to be better in English.

I can understand it can be frustrating but I think it’s easier and more fun to learn English playing wow than at school (atleast for me in France, the scholar system is terrible).

This is not even entitled =)))

1 Like

A) It is not my mothertongue lmao. In case you have not noticed, most people can speak English nowadays.
And besides, I did not shame them or say it’s their fault for not speaking it, you absolute turnip.

B) Yes it is because of language barriers, I had a very recent experience with a french guy who kept speaking french and clarified “I dont speak english” when I tried to communicate. Don’t draw assumptions if you do not know.

And was he playing on a french server?

1 Like

Why don’t they learn my language?

congrats you win todays the most awful opinion of forums

2 Likes

I don’t know, and what does it matter? It was a premade group, and I was interacting with that player. Why should there not be a tool for us to understand each other?

I do not understand all the saltiness against my suggestion. It would only be an improvement, even if you would have no use for it, some people would.

You said most people speak english these days…but usually the people who choose to play on other language servers don’t…

And what does this even have to do with the main purpose of this thread, which is a suggestion for a translator feature?

1 Like

Same that hearthstone and WoW didn´t get the language of Turkish

And in Clash of Clans has no language of Polish

But only in Youtube they have subtitles in the trailers and announces

All of the games has the language of German, and English is Similar to one

So that means it´s very easy too, and their children are very good at school grammars by using language German in all of the games

Or also an extended ping system! :smiley:

The api for a translation is expensive.

The most excessble API for translation is Google Translate.

Now at base rate they charge $20 per million characters including whitespace. Blizzard being blizzard they could probally get this down quite a bit.

But even if it was down to $5 per million. There are so many players that the translation tool just doesn’t become viable.

Even if only 5,000 accounts used it that’s only 200 characters per account per $5.

Now, think about trade chat spam and how many characters are in there per day. Probally 10s or 100s of thousands. Even if only 5,000 accounts used it, that still adds up to stacks.

It’s just not a viable option unless the translation API was free and if the API is free then it’s a rubbish translator and probally useless.

Because you’re the one crying about it

1 Like