AutoHotKey & Mouse / Keyboard macro

I opened a ticket regarding this, whether razor mice / keyboards that allow you to set up a macro which you can toggle on and off, to spam 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 over and over again untill i press the toggle button again. is this against Blizzard ToS, and will is it going to get me banned?

Also a question regarding the addon " GSE: Gnome Sequencer Enhanced : Advanced Macros", is that allowed also?

As such, those two things together (mouse macro + GSE) will 100% cause combat automation, is it going to get me banned?

Hoping to get a clear answer supported by any Game Master.

P.s. All the above also refer to Shadowlands

Thanks

None of this is allowed.

1 Like

how so? can you please provide what dictates if the following are allowed:

1- Mouse or Keyboard macro.
2- GSE.
3- Mouse or Keyboard macro + GSE

It is 100% bannable for reference see this.

They are automation, ie botting. The rule is one button one action, so multiple actions break the rules. There is no wiggle room in that.

Basically, if you want to lose your account forever, use them.

GSE seems fine but external macros (mouse and keyboard) can get you a ban.

1 Like

so only GSE is allowed?

You won’t see a blue post endorsing any 3rd party addons as they can change anytime, it can cause complications later down in the line.

For example this Blizzard post…

One keypress, one action. That macro is very much bannable.

1 Like

GSE is in addon folder, and you making macro in addon in game api. And it’s allowed if you press button manually. But if you use a Logitech or Razer synapse to create macro type press/release it kind of automation and it’s bannable :slight_smile:

Closing old bumped thread. More recent one is here: Press and release mouse:keyboard macro