AV queue times

I believe less than 1% alliance que AV to play it (mostly for rep) and another 1-2% que to leech afk, semi-afk, botting.
So I think max 3% of alliance playerbase queuing AV
:frowning:

2 Likes

You understand just fine in what I’m saying your just trying to insult me because you have no counter argument.

The answer to your question is no.Field of strife is a huge area with muliple places to pass. There is 3 at Allience side with 1 place to pass horde side and I don’t see any Allience NPCs destroying players in middle of the field of strife there is a few Allience side and a few horde side they are hardly a factor here and if one side has entire team defending a ibgy or shgy at the start when they own it nobody wins without summoning the bosses.

SF Gy helps horde capture shgy if they have it.Allience side it helps very little to push onto ibgy as distance is similar and means an extra graveyard to try to defend.

PvP is not the reason why Allience have gave up on this battleground you are so deluded

2 Likes

No, you really don’t make sense sometimes. Like, at all. You’re not exactly fluent in English, you know?

But this is going around in circles (yet again) so I’ll just borrow one of the arguments the Alliance premaders used to rely on before the hotfixes:

Obviously Blizzard agrees with me, otherwise they would’ve done something about it already.

Which is ironic since the premade exploits did get mitigated in the hotfixes that came a while after that, but anyway, there you go.

Also, you do realise that if your argument that the map design has ANYTHING to do with win rates, then you should see a similar effect globally?

Now, here’s a hypothetical that fits in more with reality:

What if Blizzard, with access to all their server statistics, only sees such a skewed win rate in NA and EU?
What if they don’t see such a skewed win rate on their Asian realms?
It’d nullify your argument that map design has anything to do with it.

Yet nobody ever seems to mention the win rates on the Asian realms even though I’m sure there are some bound to understand the languages on Asian realms, who also plays here on EU realms.

Another way to think of it is that surely they would’ve done something by now if they saw the same win rates mimicked on the Asian realms, right?

So since they haven’t done anything, they probably don’t see it as being justified in the server statistics.

I’m not defending premades never have so I’m happy blizzard patched it.

It still doesn’t change the facts blizzard will not fix the map one is a quick to fix the other is a whole rework and i find it funny you quoting Asian games when they simply play how vanilla played out where both sides rush to the boss.

The horde over there are not playing to their advantages and instead opt for fast games for quick honor and I bet my life on it the queue times in Asia will not be 1hr 30 mins to get into AV

Whats your next comment the Russians ?? Well I’ll answer it for you. they are still pretty much premading on discord because it’s only 2 servers they get put together all the time.which we all know premades>pugs with in-game advantage or not .You know that’s the reason why blizzard patched the queing

1 Like

Horde in EU haven’t had short queues for AV since the first couple of days since AV was released in Classic.
Before then, they were fine with losing fast, since losing fast meant more honor per hour than winning slowly.
Horde didn’t start fighting back against the premades until the queue times went up, you know?

So if you’re saying they’re both rushing for the boss on the Asian realms and don’t suffer as many crybabies as Alliance does in EU and NA, then perhaps Alliance should try to bring the queue times down to 5 minutes for the Horde again?

That way, Horde won’t be trying to dominate everything anymore, since they’d earn more from quick games regardless if they win or lose.
That’s probably your best chance to get EU Horde to play like you say the Asian Horde does.

Ah right, and if you’re saying queue times have that much to do with how the BG is played, then guess what instant queues does compared to very long queues?

Ah your true colours you are just mad at losing to premades. Calling Allience players asking for balance crybabies on a horde post crying about queue times ironic.

Look I don’t blame horde playing the way they do if tables where turned Allience would do the same if the map was switched around it would be horde crybabies instead.it is 100% that the map is not balanced, thinking otherwise your in denial.

Both sides rushing does lead to shorter queue times as games open up faster and players don’t feel trapped in a bg for 30 mins with no chance to win players in those games will they keep queuing nope that’s why horde queue keeps getting worse.

This with the terrible honor system that doesn’t reward winning and objectives and instead rewards whatever gives you most points per hour. I don’t see this changing anytime soon.

Soon as horde decided to turtle and play to map advantage to combat premades this started the downward spiral and is completely linked to the queue time longer games means less games opened less chance to win means less players willing to queue it’s maths.

I bet if premading AV did not get patched there would be far less horde queing meaning longer queues for allience and would have eventually balanced out to point it was difficult to premade or the horde would stop queing just like Allience is at the moment.

1 Like

^ This part is not entirely correct. While the fluctuations would look different, for example how many quits queuing after each AV is completed, you also need to keep in mind that faster queues means that those who are in it for the “long haul” are also going to keep queuing.

So the ones who keeps queuing returns to the queue just as fast as the BGs ends.

This can result in either faster or slower queues, depending on the overall status each passing moment.

The Horde queue keeps growing because Horde have always had more players than the Alliance queuing for AV, except for the first day it was released in Classic.

It’s just that with the premades taking over pretty fast at the start of AV in Classic, the ones not allowed to join premades got discouraged since they never got queued up with any good players and premades had a tendency to leave them starting with less than half of a full team because not enough of the premade got into the same AV, and so on and so forth.
Solo queuers never had a good reason to queue for AV on the Alliance side. Not even during the premade times.

It’s just that Alliance had the crybabies who kept crying even while still being able to use premade exploits, and that crying just got worse and worse ever since premade exploits were mitigated. Which is the nr. 1 cause of the queue times increasing even more, and why Alliance in NA and EU keeps losing.

Simply put: Mindset issues.

The queue time was never over 1 hour until Allience got fed up facing against such an uphill battle with this hugely imbalanced map as a horde you have no idea how hard the Allience have to overcome to win. Even blizzard addressed this back in the day in a blizzcon event saying it wasn’t balanced.

it was not fun for the non premades since it was 20 vs 40 but they certainly opened up alot of games for the horde to join.

Right now it’s not fun at all for non-premade Allience since AV was regarded a bg for casuals to solo join since they can’t play wsg or ab because the amount of premades then to get constantly stomped with no chance to win in the AV ofcourse with nowhere to go they simply stop pvping all together that coupled with the horde rollers that play the faction PvP racial advantages there will be less and less and less Allience queing.

Horde casuals and hardcore love AV since it’s a garunteed win with good honor but enjoy your queue every month expect it to get worse without change

How you can say it’s just a mindset issue when Allience are losing so many AV. millions of players it’s all in their minds that why they lose every game. this is clearly a balance problem

I remember the backdoors jumps which where completely fine according to the horde mindset was eventually patched as well it is unintended exploit there is so much still wrong with the map.

2 Likes

Perhaps even that low. Wouldnt be suprised. I personally see no reason to go AV with this disfunctional map as 1.12 is. I only visit AV during AV weekend to try kill Galv and get some honor from LTS.

Now you just seem to be misrepresenting what happened. For one thing, Alliance didn’t “suffer” as they do now, back then. The other thing is that they made HUGE changes to AV before the cave was moved. You should check out each patch (not in the summarized timeline, check 'em out one by one) from burning crusade to see in what order changes were made and how that affected the way it was played and how it changed the relevance of things on the map.

Ever heard of Dawkins and “Viruses of the Mind”? Ideas and preconceptions have always had a tendency to spread like wildfire once it finds a common ground, even when it’s false.

Or do you think the majority is “always right”? You should check out what the ancient greeks wrote about Socrates in that case.

Wouldn’t it be great if from next week they reversed the map. Alliance start in the Horde cave and vice versa.

4 Likes

All these changes just show that the Devs struggled balancing this map they perhaps foreseen what would happen if x faction done this or that. it just proves my point that the map is not balanced.

These pre-conceptions you are talking about there is a minority players that browse these forums or even read bg chat since it is usually toxic most players will play the game for themselves and find out the hard way and after 100 games without winning 1 game no matter who you are you have to question why is this the case. It’s complicated because it’s a number of things but for sure the honor system and map imbalances are the biggest players because it also impacts your will power to even play after the amount of endured lost matches especially when you have tried every tactic in the playbook and still lose.

Thing is blizzard will do nothing and PvP will die off this is what will happen. Most games are balanced around 50% which is a sign of a healthy game and most these games have some form of matchmaking making it a good game for all but this won’t happen in a legacy game

2 Likes

Right
 Yeah
 Except it is in no way close to the map we’re playing now.

They had implemented resources as a win condition, shortened the time it takes for an assaulted tower/bunker to burn, removed ALL of the commanders/lieutenants except for Galv/Bal, and they even changed it so you can only resurrect in the Cave once all your faction’s graveyards have been assaulted/captured.
They also implemented a stackable aura that increased the damage done and hp of Drek/Vann and all the other marshals/warmasters by 25% per stack. It was also around this time that they had linked the aggro together so you couldn’t pull one without pulling them all anymore.

Then, after all of these changes had already been made, they moved the horde cave.

See? They didn’t move the Horde cave because of respawn reasons. They had already taken care of that in Patch 2.3.0.
They moved the Horde cave in Patch 2.4.0 because it was a tower/bunker rush meta with resources.

Cool so you agree on the cave respawning is a problem because they stopped that ngl alot of those changes are needed now

3 Likes

Learn to read. And the respawn reason had more to do with the changes that had already been made in Burning Crusade to the AV map.

I read just fine

just sitting in a AV were we had IBGY hardcapped for over 5 mins, but people didn’t move south so we lost it.

but yeah keep staying in ur dream world and blaming the map.

Unless the alliance AV playerbase wont change drastically, you will keep loosing badly, even if they ever “fix” the map.

1 Like

Did Allience have shgy capped at this point? if not you already know your answer why you can’t push south you had players trapped north or the horde used the cave respawn advantage to hold you back all game with lower numbers that you could not overcome while nobody went north to stop the small team of horde then it comes down to the hph argument

2 Likes

You do understand that Alliance have that same advantage once SP GY has been assaulted, right?

As I said before it’s the advantages that win the games that matter. that “advantage” does not transition to a win at all once shgy is hardcapped all you can do is turtle sp or bridge until the boss lok is summoned by the horde and then they win the Allience cave position is actually so terrible you cannot even defend your own base. SPGy is a spawn trap no reason to even hold it as Allience even the horde don’t want to spawn there that’s why it rarely gets defended only soft capped to stop the turtle and to let the horde cross the bridge.

The only gys that matter in winning games in a non resource av is shgy and ibgy and horde have the advantage on both those points.

Flip the map and watch the win rates swap as well.

2 Likes