Baine dishonours the Horde

Supported Saurfang in his quest, but this? Baine has gone too far. Those Dark Rangers didn’t deserve to die - they’re just guarding a ship, while the ones previous were blatantly evil.

11 Likes

Yeah to this as well.

3 Likes

Depends on the standard you pick. And no, this is not relativism, different cultures have different interpretations, both in WOW and IRL.

2 Likes

She caught him redhanded sending letters to Anduin, leader of the opposing faction…he wasn’t killed or even thrown into a jailcell then.

As a matter of Fact, she helped him keep it under the rug, and asked him to cease his correspondance.

5 Likes

Instead of Saurfang can we just get Thrall back in his WC3 getup? It’s getting kind of dull to play the bad guy for the second time and have the same “wow the Horde is having infighting” plotline again. We already did some (violent) soul searching in MoP.

6 Likes

It maybe did not show any honor, but its not dishonorable. If the plan came to fruition that would have been dishonorsble victory and whole Horde would be painted by that, getting rid of Derek was an only option.
It was either killing him as forsaken in his own cage
Or to do what he did. He is Tauren, race who vouched to cleanse the Forsaken from their curse. Its equal to kill a person. So he delivered him to his family, who are Proudmoores in this case. Where is disho or in that?

Edit: We are talking Dishonor to Horde, but that was very Honorable from Alliances perspective.

1 Like

For what basically? Correspondence as a fact? If she found betrayal in those letters, she was right to throw him into a cell. But I doubt that was the case.

Not to mention that Anduin was not the leader of the opposite faction at the time.

1 Like

Trying to put the blame on others most definitely makes it hard to find any concept of honour that it didn’t violate.

On that I can agree. Blaming on others was wrong. But the fact that OP is disputing is utter nonsense.

Not sure why I bothered…he was able to get away with That, he could have easily offered his protest with a good underlying reason to Sylvanas and the rest of the Horde leaders.
As, so you say, the correspondance was harmless, he would have nothing to fear from her or the other Horde leaders.
This is also a big flop from the accusation of Sylvanas blackmailing Baine, wich circulated this forums months ago.

2 Likes

So if two cultures have two different versions of honour and they clash, if one does something honourable to him, then it is dishonourable to the other. But how is he being dishonourable, as by his own interpretation, he is honourable.

Alliance posters shouldn’t be allowed to comment on Horde politics, tbqh.

5 Likes

Heavily agree to this as well.

2 Likes

I am not sure either.

Except the Horde is a dictatorship with a hard line warchief who does not tolerate any communication with the other faction? You also need to remember the two factions were not at war during this writing.

Or are you telling me that Sylvanas was a nice and democratic person?

The very fact that Baine kept open communications with someone from the Alliance is enough to condemn him in her eyes.

I fail to see how this is relevant.

1 Like

Quite an honourable post, thank you

1 Like

So should Horde posters also be banned from commenting on Alliance politics then?

1 Like

Nah, I tend to agree with the OP. Killing Derek out in the open would have been a meaningful act of defiance, that wouldn’t have been so clearly treasonous against the Horde leadership. That would have shown guts, it would have shown a commitment to honour and it wouldn’t have required stealth missions against his own allies.

1 Like

Horde posters are intelligent enough to perceive both sides of the argument, so commenting on both is natural to them.

The same can’t be said for Alliance mains…

4 Likes

Are they ?

4 Likes

Did someone ask Derek how he feels about that? Killing him out of hand…

2 Likes