Baine dishonours the Horde

Now that’s a furry troll… :thinking:

He was already dead.

2 Likes

He was already resurrected at the point. Killing him would deny him free will, in the exact same manner Sylvanas tried. If Derek wants to die, it is his choice.

3 Likes

Is that something honour requires? I don’t think so. We could discuss the morality of killing undead, I guess, but that’s a different topic.

Not really, but Baine does speak of free will on that Council. If he did that after killing Derek, that would be further hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Which only shows Baine’s lack of understanding about his own drives. Which was one of the points of the OP.

1 Like

Killing an disarmed and torured man is also dishonor.

Only mistake he pulled was pulling Arthas on last moment and not having balls to admit his actions. Especially he seemed ready for his fate in Cinematic.

P.S. And so many people here cant differentiate Honor and Treason!

2 Likes

It would show if it happened. It did not. What it shows to me is that Baine would be in the soup no matter what he did.

1 Like

In the circumstances? I disagree.

In this circumstance, in Saurfangs circumstance.

And in circumstance that Tauren view even Forsaken as people and capable of redemption.

1 Like

I don’t really understand your point here, sorry.

1 Like

Baine is not a paladin who wants to liberate people from the curse of undeath.

He belongs to a race which has advocated for the admittance of Forsaken into the Horde and to a race that does not shed blood indiscriminately. Derek’s life belongs to Derek only, that’s the point. Ending it out of hand would make Baine as bad as Sylvanas.

3 Likes

???

It would have been dishonorable

He showed dishonor

It is dishonorable to strike down forsaken who is disarmed and tortured. Why kill when you can let him go? I dont see dishonor in letting him go. How is that dishonorable?

Another observation I remembered. Sylvanas basically sacrificed the crew of that ship herself. Yet Baine is called a traitor for killing Horde soldiers?

1 Like

You also argue that killing a person is not dishonorable in some circumstances, but letting them go is?

:man_facepalming:

I don’t understand what you are talking about? Elaborate.

1 Like

Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honour matters. The silence is your answer.

2 Likes

Which was said in context of fighting an enemy who wanted total extermination (the Reapers), not a mortal foe

Wrong tag. Meant for Wimbo.

He said He agrees woth OP that killing Derek on spot would be honorable and prior to that stated that letting him go was dishonorabe.

1 Like

I get it. But I believe that what Wimbert meant is that he can not see the dishonor in killing a tortured captive to save him from further torment and brainwashing. But those are controversial topics.

1 Like

Yeah if you stand with ghosts, probably none of them lived Honorably.

The ones that do go to Valhalla!