Ban Premades from Random BGs

As the title says.

I think people making premades to go into random Battlegrounds should be stopped.

Simple reason is that it ruins PvP casual battlegrounds for the casual players.

I enjoy doing Bg's but im not the most social player in the world and dont have the capabilities to gather a group to do this together with so good thing for me there is the randsom battlegrounds where you can que up solo and get to do some PvP.

Now i understand you cant win every game nor do i expect this to happen, i dont get upset when i lose either.

However what does upset me is when i continually run into premade groups in the random battlegrounds.
This varies from complete premades , which im sorry to say is almost 99% of the time with Russians, who other than having a premade army hardly do the bare minimum to secure their victory only to waste the remaining time grinding out the opposite team for honor kills to the point that you are so demotivated that you never want to play a random battleground in your life again.

Other times it also happens you get premade groups that are not made up of a full premade but lets say for example in Warsong Gulch that 7/10 enemy players are from a premade group.

Once again it leads to the same problem, your stuck facing a enemy who is used to playing as a single unit and there is just no one of beating them.

Because face it when youre team consists of 10 random players fighting again 7 to 10 players who regurlarly play together you are at a extreme disadvantage.

My suggestion therefore is that when you que to random battleground you can only have a maximum of 3 people in your group.

This way you can still play together with some friends and it doesnt create a unfair advantage to the enemy team.

If you want to do a premade its fine, but this is what Rated Battlegrounds have been designed for.

But it just feels that these people keep crushing random battleground with premades because they dont want competition, they just want to crush a team which is made up of random players, most of which are casuals with low tier gear or pvp skill.
28 Likes
Ban groups in an MMO that has PVP as an after thought how about no .Groups of friends are allowed up to 5 which is perfect .
3 Likes
How bout no?. I like doing bgs with my friends, not my fault if you ain't got any.
5 Likes
Ban groups in an MMO, that's not very clever is it?
2 Likes
I am bloodthirsty on my old account and about 20 000 from the Bloodthirsty title on this account.

I am in your side. This is getting overboard. Its gotten far worse in Legion. Queueing to bgs is so * boring because youre 90% sure to face off a premade. Its never been like this before. Premades need to face off premades and not people who are randomly queued together.

I am litteraly just playing low level bgs over and over with new characters because i cant stand the premades.. pvp around level 40 is much more fun than 110.
8 Likes
there are almost no premades in random bgs people make them just up in their mind.
and no even if there was a premade plague its your own fault and rather people like you who are not able to play in a team in a MMORPG should lose their lisence to que for bgs.

also its RANDOM bg and not soloque bg
15/04/2018 20:07Posted by Xeranitas
Ban groups in an MMO that has PVP as an after thought how about no .Groups of friends are allowed up to 5 which is perfect .

they are allowed as more than 5 too which is what happens in most of then random bg premades, it simply ruins the fun for the casual player....the casual player who happens to be the largest group of players.

15/04/2018 20:42Posted by Calek
there are almost no premades in random bgs people make them just up in their mind.
and no even if there was a premade plague its your own fault and rather people like you who are not able to play in a team in a MMORPG should lose their lisence to que for bgs.

also its RANDOM bg and not soloque bg

Hmm when im in a random bg and i see that on the other team all of the players are from the same realm its pretty safe to asume its a premade.
2 Likes
15/04/2018 20:07Posted by Xeranitas

No idea why you guys start about banning groups in PvP because that's not what OP was saying at all.

His complaint is about a pre-made group in Random Battleground. It's very obvious that a pre-made group is better than a group of random people, and yes even when just 5 of them are able to queue for random Battleground since Battlegrounds aren't big in the game with large amount of people, so it can have a huge impact.

And btw isn't it more fun to fight another pre-made group in PvP than a group of unorganized randoms that do not communicate? Guess all people that like to face randoms with a pre-made group just only care about winning and not the PvP gameplay and the challenge it brings at all..
1 Like
they are allowed as more than 5 too which is what happens in most of then random bg premades, it simply ruins the fun for the casual player....the casual player who happens to be the largest group of players.

You cant que with more then 5 you havent been able to since TBC there is no way possiable .
How about we delete random bg alltogether and make it only ranked? #Soloque #Savix
This whole mess is because we have 2 gamemodes of the same thing.
1 Like
15/04/2018 21:50Posted by Xeranitas
You cant que with more then 5 you havent been able to since TBC there is no way possiable .

Technically correct, but there's still ways to do it not supported by Blizzard. And the English server pool in particular is so big that it's hardly worth the effort to try.

As for wanting to win, well, I hear a lot of players want to do the honor grind for the achievements and artifact skins. That's usually a lot easier if you can win and hopefully also get a lot of kills. You don't even need to set up an arena team on voice comms for it, even something as simple as 3-5 random players who decide to go together is a massive advantage especially in the small BGs. Good gear or not, it's several guys with the same goal who are all awake and playing.
15/04/2018 21:58Posted by Essea
Technically correct, but there's still ways to do it not supported by Blizzard. And the English server pool in particular is so big that it's hardly worth the effort to try.

The addon was broken years ago and if 2 groups of 5 sign up for the same BG it is really unlikely they will get into same BG.

Banning guild groups /friends in a MMO is bad

15/04/2018 21:15Posted by Völlund
from the same realm its pretty safe to asume its a premade.

No it isnt what utter rot you talk it means nothing if all from same realm .Have you see the size of kazzak and the like ?
I agree, Blizzard shouldnt ban premades.
They should make that if people queue with more than 3 friends, they are forced to get into bgs where the opposite team also have brought 4-39 of their friends.
I mean it would not be any problem. You wouldnt get any huge queue at all, because all i face in bgs are these kind of people.
Maybe you people who premade can have fun fighting other WSG teams having two mistweaver stun immunity monks, two shadow priests doing extremely high damage on you, while the rest of the frost death knights and retribution paladins globals you one after one.
There, you can have fun playing your lame teams against others. I bet the teams who brings full party to a bg would end up queueing because thats how they are. They like to ruin peoples time in a game but dont want to taste their own medicine. I could care less of what is going to happen to these players, if they quit or not i dont care, as long as i dont have to face their lame classtacking premades.
I've been in a premade myself and yes it is unfair and should be removed from randoms completely, because your advantage over them is extreme.

I do remember one group of randoms that refused to spawn at their GY...smart play and really frustrated our team leader :D
1 Like
15/04/2018 22:17Posted by Samingwary
You wouldnt get any huge queue at all, because all i face in bgs are these kind of people.

Thats what RBG's are for .

Queing with friends been here since patch 1.1 june 2005 its the main part of an MMO .Que with your friends and guilds stop trying to make the game for solo players .
Premades should do Rated Battlegrounds. The only reason they want to do Random is because they want an easy win. Don't reward cowardice. Random should be random.
4 Likes
15/04/2018 21:52Posted by Crosstail
How about we delete random bg alltogether and make it only ranked? #Soloque #Savix
This whole mess is because we have 2 gamemodes of the same thing.

You are on to something here. I wouldn't remove non ranked though. Just remove the possibility to queue solo. At max level that is. While levelling, it should be fine with solo queues.
1 Like
15/04/2018 20:12Posted by Dottie
Ban groups in an MMO, that's not very clever is it?
Do you make a point of jumping on the most obnoxious bandwagon possible every time you post something or does it just come naturally?

16/04/2018 05:42Posted by Miun
Premades should do Rated Battlegrounds. The only reason they want to do Random is because they want an easy win. Don't reward cowardice. Random should be random.
Exactly this. If you can't do rated because you simply aren't good enough you shouldn't be allowed to ruin someone else's experience.
As many people mentioned, playing with friends and doing stuff together is the fundamental principal of any mmo.
Banning groups is absolutely out of question.
What can be done is to try que groups of people with the same groups of people.
That though could result in higher que for solo players or in general.
A year ago some dude in the forums told me that premades like MultiboxMalganis fine Isle of Conquest premade is fine. I told him he have almost zero pvp experience. Three days later, i saw him queue together with Germans and Russians to honorkill farm at AV. I honestly think that people that have premaded like this deserve to get all honorable kills and all prestige they got from premading removed to teach them a lesson.