Ban spy allready !

Giving all players that use it a detect player ability is just broken. Everyone knows it. It gives far too much information its game breaking…

Example , your farming… and ding spy goes off you cant see them but you know a lock is around … quick change trinkets too my shadow reflector and BS fear trinket. GG

Broken. Ban it.

10 Likes

Ban this moron warrior who spams the same crap everywhere while youre at it.

13 Likes

It’s literally just a combat log announcer, people could just use the actual log and see “xxxx casts stealth”

1 Like

Dude, you’re a rogue and protecting this addon? Just wondering, how many openers in PvP have you managed to pull off recently?

Spy isn’t really a problem for rogues.
Sure it pings when it detects you going into stealth but they still don’t know where you are and unless it’s a hunter they can’t really do anything about it.
All they know is that they’re about to die.

3 Likes

Pop human racial/consume cat’s eye elixir and just watch the rogue sneak to his death. This addon helps to do preparations you wouldn’t have done otherwise. Just what OP described, but a different scenario.

3 Likes

What’s with the stereotype, not all rogues live for the PVP openers. Some of us don’t even engage in PVP unless we’re forced to. In that case Spy is everything a stealth class could ask for.

Something that you can get around by keeping your distance and engaging after perception fades.
If they catch you it’s no biggie, because you can vanish and re-initiate the fight and since most PvP rogues run Prep you get an extra vanish to work with and you can use that to essentially re-initiate mid fight.
And if they don’t catch you they both waste a catseye and a valuable CD.

I enjoy the SPY AddOn. Makes the few small advantages I have in small scale PvP (God knows I have none in big scale) really fade out quickly, adding to that feeling that we all just should have rolled Warriors and Mages =)

1 Like

Spy was around in Vanilla. No changes!

And human /10char

I hate this planet too.

It’s not stereotype - it’s reality. Rogues are weak without openers. I never lost to an equal level Rogue if I managed to see them sneaking upon me. And attention: it’s coming from a Paladin.

Yea, but following all the constantly refreshing combat log messages while fighting/trying to go past mobs/running away is kinda hard to do, even if u customize the log. Spy addon fires a sound and displays stuff in a way that you can’t miss the information, you can insta target the enemy and auto broadcast it wherever u like.

The current situation is just bad. Players without the addon are basically disadvantaged against anyone having it. I can’t really surprise anyone anymore since that guy inside the big azz building 100m away from me insta targets me as soon as my character enters his render distance (I’d have to remain stealthed 100% of the time if I wanted to actually jumpscare anyone). Sure, this addon saved my butt a few times when I “spotted” a bored 60 ganker so I could quickly stealth and run into bushes, but it shouldn’t be that way.

Spy provides a huge help but in my opinion other addons are more gamebreaking that spy. For example enemy cast bars, or addons that shows the buffs on the opponent.!

Ban all add-ons. Makes everyone equal. If people can’t play without them they are not as good as they think.

Spy is awesome, easily my fav addon.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.