Ban VPN & Datacenter IPs - Iranians are ruining WoW

It really feels like this game has become an Iranian metaverse. This game is riddled with Iranian boosters, gold sellers and scam GDKPs, and it really seems like the vast majority of them are from Iran. The funniest part is that they’re even scamming each other.

Blizzard has banned Iranian IPs, but I think it’s time to ban VPN & datacenter IPs as well. There are plenty of lists out there that are updated regularly. Will it 100% solve the problem? No but it will make it a lot more difficult and expensive for them to play the game.

And before you say “why would Blizz do that, it means money for them”. Does it really? Maybe in the short term, but not in the long term because these people ruin all games and it’s no secret that Blizz isn’t doing well. And by the way, who knows what is being financed with their activites but I don’t wanna get into politics…

1 Like

Have you seen the latest podcast of Jordan Peterson? Look it up.

What do you mean by scam GDKP’s btw?

They just scam people over their cuts.

I think not connecting directly to the servers should be against the rules.

Oh wait, IT IS, it’s just not enforced.

1 Like

anyone who still joins irani lfg chat gkdps in 2024 deserves to be scammed.

Problem is all the losers who buy gold. Demand wont go away if you ban Iranis and they just get replaced with the next poor country.

1 Like

Maybe people will finally stop GDKP?

banning any nation from playing game should not even happen … simply ban specific ppl if they are doing scam or anything like that …

Banning nations does happen, it’s due to trade sanctions but people just use VPNs and proxies to bypass it easily.

Yes it should because a) Iran is sanctioned anyway and b) because the absolute vast majority of Iranian players is “playing” the game to make money. Who knows what’s actually being financed with their farming operations.