Bann erp It's against terms of service

You’ll very likely cripple the Alliance raiding scene by suspending their accounts, so I’d advise some caution

eh who cares, they’re better off on other realms anyway

1 Like

Sucks a lot

Force all raiding guilds to another realm!

ip ban them

Trial accounts should have their own realm seperated from all the rest.

4 Likes

Can be IP banned

The extra hassle would cut the coomer count down by an easy 80% in the first week alone

Oh no! Anyway.

1 Like

Hah, you insolent fools.

Blizzard has already fixed the problem!

They turned paintings of scantily clad women into fruit bowls and changed the names of several NPC’s and (drum roll), even the names of old quests!

Silly players. Next thing you’ll know they’ll be asking for non-timed content. Bwhah!

7 Likes

i’m surprised Blizzard haven’t capitalised on the ERP market yet.

3 Likes

I am still just RPing on WoW, however, I am absolutely loving FF14. Seriously the story has become addicting and I haven’t scrapped the surface yet.

3 Likes

Well you going to love Heavensward. Completely made me fall in love with Ishgard.

And if your intrested, there is a growing RP community on Omega, Chaos Datashard. We even got our own version of Argent Archives called Chaos Archives!

1 Like

They’re taking the hobbits to isengard They’re taking the hobbits to isengard They’re taking the hobbits to isengard They’re taking the hobbits to isengard They’re taking the hobbits to isengard They’re taking the hobbits to isengard They’re taking the hobbits to isengard

No it’s ISHGARD not ISENGARD

Why did this thread have to also turn into final fantasy talk? I’d rather have Anoraaz here at this point.

8 Likes

It was mentioned on the council forums that it’s a problem, it’s been mentioned countless times here that it’s a problem.
Either something will be done or it’ll just keep on happening, but it is a pretty severe problem in my opinion and inaction on blizzards part doesn’t make them any better cause it looks like money > morals.

If they preach about changing to a safer game environment, especially when it comes to ‘sensitive’ content as some would put it, it has to be applied to more than a low-res picture of a woman in her underwear and a flirt line or two.

WoW’s age rating as well as the overall ToS should usually remind any decent minded person to keep their hands to themselves but unfortunately things don’t quite work that way.
There’s been no shortage of sexual misconduct that takes place ingame lately, from extremely sexualized and fetish heavy trp profiles, to literal cases of minors being groomed/forced into erp and illegal sexual stuff being played out by certain people that includes underage characters, ‘kit rp’, zoo stuff and whatever other degeneracy people come up with.

People have tried reporting them countless times and jacksh* happened so far from what I saw.

I heard rumors about them bringing an autoban/suspension system to wow that works on the principle of amount of reports over a specific amount of time to automatically suspend players but I’ve not read about it since and feel that would also be abused in other ways.

Sexual predators and sickos have to go. So call out their crap and behaviour where you see it and make them feel as unwelcome as possible in the hopes they f off elsewhere, because noone wants em here and they are a literal threat to a bunch of vulnerable people including minors playing wow.

Get going or get hit. :clap:

7 Likes

Again.

Blizzard don’t care. They are themselves guility of sexual misconduct towards their own staff.

And seeing how this has gone on for years, they won’t care still if people are ERPing in Goldshire.

Personally I consider that one should deal with such topics in RP with maturity rather than outright deny it, but at least do it with people you know to be adults as well and with consent.

Oh and yes stay away from Goldshire.

It’s one thing to take your more ‘mature’ rp to a private place if you know the other person does, a: consent and is willing to take it that far , and b: is legally of age and knows what they are getting into.
If people still wanna do it, so long as they do it privately that’s their thing, but they still shouldnt use WoW as a platform for it ideally and take it elsewhere.

But that’s a fraction of people that erp. There’s plenty people that have no decency when it comes to what they erp about, who with and where.
Just look at all the stuff that happened on horde side and the list of names of people that have been getting into sexually and morally wrong scenarios, yet are still allowed to roam free.

You want people to be able to safely enjoy rp, yet goldshire is one of the first things a new wow player would see on alliance.
You want them to get into rp on horde, yet the only rp ‘hub’ if you can even call it that, has people known to erp as vulpera children/teens.

Don’t even get me started on the amount of times I logged in hoping to have some chill casual walk-up rp somewhere and get pm’s that are far beyond a simple flirt and instead overly sexual with no warning whatsoever.
I don’t want that crap nor should I have to be exposed to that under any normal circumstances.

Moonguard is no better if you’ve seen any of the tweets or forum posts of the utter crap that’s happening on that server either where people can’t enjoy a walk through stormwind without some creep hitting on you.

I can pretend not to see it and ignore it for a while but it’s been a massive hit to my mental wellbeing and the reason I had to take long wow breaks for a while despite it having been a place of comfort and social interaction for me in the past.

5 Likes

I wonder Coldshade, have you heard of the critically acclaimed, game of the year Final Fantasy XIV?

Acrona introduced me to the page. I often swing by to see character profiles and artwork.

1 Like

I completely understand your issue and respect it - Hell, I’m sorry that you’ve feeling this way.

Sadly I have to be a realist and say this, as much it gives me no pleasure: It’s hard to ban a phenomenon in RP that has persisted there for a long time. Even if one managed to purge all the ERPers in Goldshire there will still be people who ERP elsewhere, be in instances or somewhere else, like Silvermoon. Not even draconian enforcement on the TOS would work, as it may spill over onto other Roleplayers.

The best way you can do if you don’t want it to be exposed is either avoid these places, put those people on ignore or RP with a group of friends.

In the end we are all individual RPers with our own preference.

I can’t say more on the subject due to the controversial divided opinion on it and it’s a difficult topic to take on. I don’t see it go away any time with the way Blizzard behaves and acts and neither do I see it go away from the Roleplay community anytime soon, even as it seems to be on the decline.

I wish I could say something else to be more positive but I can’t.

Hot Coffee mod coming to the Blizzard store any day now.