Bann erp It's against terms of service

They probably make enough gold to not pay for subscriptions

As much as I find the fetishised ongoings of Goldshire and the Bazaar deeply unpleasant, this is probably the right of it. If there was an easy fix (or even a difficult one at this point), I believe it would have been implemented years ago.

There’s no silver bullet here. Just avoidance, and shunning those trying to bring their cyboring tendencies into mainstream RP hubs.

2 Likes

There is, though. It’s called ‘the absolute least amount of effort possible’

1 Like

IP tracking / banning is certainly an idea, though I wouldn’t know enough on the matter to discern whether or not that falls under the “minimum effort” category. Wouldn’t a VPN scramble such efforts? (I chose to pursue biology because I’m basically a dufus whenever programming, algorithms, or code is concerned.)

I don’t want to make excuse for anyone, least of all Blizzard. They are obviously taking the stance that so long as they let sleeping dogs lie, they’re in the clear of fallout.

if they actually saw it as a real issue they would, at most, bump the age rating up and issue the same sort of thing as FF14 re. interpersonal communications; i.e. what consenting people say in private is their own concern, etc. etc. etc.

Basically, yes, a VPN is a functional workaround. But also a very, very tedious one. One most people are not gonna try more than once or twice, if they’ll try at all.

But at least you can find a decent person in there that you can get to know better and start dating.

Well, my issue is that everyone I do seem to share the same intrests and all are all already taken…

Plus date in this pandemic and without the proper economy?

A bit reluctant to be honest.

Well i met a cute high elf yestoday after a cute score line ^^

Just dont go to that certain inn and that’s a good start to not have an issue with it.

I havent been there in months and i met 0 players outside of it interested in ERP, not to mention half the players in GS dont even ERP.

that aside I still dont understand why some people care what 2 consensual adults will RP about as long as its not pedophilia and its kept in private.

and speaking of FF14, that game has way bigger ERP playerbase than wow does but you people keep idolizing it like it doesn’t exist :joy:

2 Likes

because it’s never kept actually private, else we wouldn’t know about it on the scale that we do, and it’s very often between people that make 0 effort to check each other’s age. Minors are swept up in it far too often.

yeah but unlike WoW, in ff14 keeping it private is actually hard enforced. If you slip up it’s an easy trip to ban city

1 Like

How do you know the other person is an adult?
And also, why do that sort of thing in WoW anyway?

Yeah no. Play a female character and linger around either the auction house or bank for a little too long, and you’re likely to get unsolicited whispers in Stormwind. It happened thrice in December alone, and I don’t play that often as is.

1 Like

I’ve never seen a public erp, not even once, and everyone who I know who erps does it in private. Im sure if you encounter public erp and report it, it will get punished because I’ve seen people do it and get punished on forums. but then again never encountered it in game.

you ask them lol. same way if I go to club and meet someone I ask them for their age, etc.

define unsolicited whisper

seen it a couple times, more often however I’ve seen TRP profiles full of the stuff. This is never policed by blizzard, and goes well beyond goldshire.

1 Like

Yup, seen some in public myself. Long time ago though.

Think people are cottoning on to doing it in private.

And then they always tell the truth?

that does happen and it is indeed already punishable.

it did happen long time ago but it did stop for a reason. reason being a ban of course, which is a proof that its already punishable.

obviously not but what’s your point? you think if you meet a person in a club and ask them their age they’ll always tell the truth? you could easily meet 17 yo who says they’re 18-19 etc.

That’s my point. “Two consenting adults” may in fact be an adult and a minor.

which can happen in real life as well, which is equally bad however we need to separate a person who got lied to, and a person who’s grooming children.