Batching in tbc?

God please, no ! This is one of the disaster that made Classic really bad in term of competitive PvP.

I was in support of #NoChanges, #SpellBatching, #NoClassicLFG, everything like the plebe. And we were wrong. Sometime it’s better to do not listen players :smiley: .

1 Like

You bet your sweet pants I will present arguments against batching during the TBC betatest.

I read “bathing” and started having all those draenei fantasies

I’ll leave this here for you. Might cheer you up

2 Likes

One out of a million, since you know… Classic never was ment to be a competetive PvP game at all.

One could argue that its one of the disasters that made Classic bad in terms of beeing a horse racing game aswell ^^

Anyways, like it or not, people screamed about how much 2 Mages polymorphing each other ment for that “Vanilla-feeling”.

Poor Blizzard, damned if they do and damned if they dont.

2 Likes

I’d still put it on them because of their complete lack of understanding their community.

Among all the people i’ve interacted with since the start of Classic, I did not encounter a single person who was glad with #nochanges, which seems to only be a loud minority.

Would it have been so hard to put strawpolls like in OSRS? The only polls we saw are the ones that were sent to a handful of people and that were super vague.

They listen so rarely and so randomly to feedback that it wouldn’t be hard to believe that they already had this version of Classic, with batching working this way, and merely used it as a “We listened” stunt, and as a potential scapegoat.

They barely paid attention to Classic, so that wouldn’t be surprising.

1 Like

#Nochanges isn’t as black and white as people claiming it’s bad would like it to seem. I will borrow this quote from Zalanji (from another thread), which I think explains it quite good:

So grouping everybody up and claiming their the root of all evil, isnt really fair.

Strawpolls were made, and it doesn’t have to be alot of people in a mixed population to get good statistics (this is also explained in another thread, feels like we are running in circles sometimes). There were more than enought people on the BETA to complain or leave their feedback, but unfortunatly the BETA was used as a PR items and the majority of people who played it couldnt care less about leaving feedback and bugreports .

The big problem isnt Blizzard. The big problem is a screaming divided community that doesnt know what it wants and think it knows everything prehand better than people working with it.
“You think you want, but you dont” couldn’t be more right.

1 Like

I’d like to see your source on that

You want a source on the number of people requiered for a survey/poll to be reliable or the number of the surveys, which you (without a source) claimed to be a “sent to a handful of people”?

Between the lack of visible complaints (early on) about Spell Batching, the number of people making arguments for it, the positive reception the announcement had and the majority of “old private server”-content creators proclaiming “this is what we want and need” I think its safe to say Blizzard listened to their community at that point.
Like said, no matter what they do or dont people will find a way to blame them for everything thats bad - selectively. Blizzard biggest misstake is to acually listen, when all that means is that the “retrospect profets” (which the community is filled with) get their crying and moaning sooner or later.

Yeah, but is this community like a very small but vocal minority ala “twitter” that pretends to represent the entire player base? I never wanted the “no changes” policy, and they didn’t keep to it either with seemlingly randomly selected changes because “It was clearly not intended” for issue A and B, but somehow playing deaf on issue C.

I hope the farce can end when TBC hits, we need changes, it’s not a museum.

Who have pretended to represent the entire payer base? Not the #nochange crowd anyway or the people asking for spell batching. That group don’t care what the majority wants. They just want vanilla. That’s all. “The majority” is a whiny crowd that is never satisfied with anything ever. You can see the result in retail. The #Nochanges will be totally satisfied if the game actually is no changes. It is actually possible to make no changes, while, some changes will never satisfy anyone ever.

It’s people like you, who demand changes, that want polls and to make silly claims that you know what the majority of the player base want and pretend that it’s in any way important.

You will never be satisfied. And even if you would be satisfied there will be hundreds of people complaining about the things you like and want to change them to something you don’t like. Always, forever.

THAT is what the #nochnage crowd is about. To avoid that. Just have Vanilla, nothing more, nothing less.

The whole point with Classic was to literally be just that.

2 Likes

Again, to that small % of the community maybe. Currently there are active people playing who have no intention of visiting a museum but rather trying to have fun and enjoy a game. There are actual people hoping for TBC just for change

Small % Dafuq are you talking about?

Dude did you even watch Blizzcon before launch when Blizzard talked about the intentions of Classic? Did you see the massive poll asking for authentic Vanilla with over 270k votes? Small minority my butt.

And your comment is ultra weird because the people playing right now are literally playing a museum, phase 6 Vanilla patch 1.12.1, and TBC have no been announced.

Your comment about having fun is even more weird. You come to play a 14y old recreation of a game, but demand changes to be able to have fun? Ultra weird.

https://www.change.org/p/mike-morhaime-legacy-server-among-world-of-warcraft-community

You may call it ‘ultra weird’ yet there are so many people looking forward to tbc to finally get changes… Are you sure you’re not the one living in a bubble? I don’t know %'s, i’m just gonna call them ‘significant’.

Awesome news that they’re getting rid of batching. Batching is horrible, it’s not necessary at all. Playing a rogue, you vanish uhh ohh mobs still attacking you because of batching, preparation > vanish again, nope batching screws you again. I will take vanish working correctly as it was intended to work than dodging spells with a timed vanish any day.

Now get rid of leeway and we got ourselves a better game.

Edit: And screw you Nochanges people and the idiot beta testers that said both of these things were “authentic” good things prior to classic launch, absolute idiots.

3 Likes

Classic wouldn’t feel like vanilla if batching wasn’t in the game, and removing it would completely wreck the class balances. They should implement it in TBC on the same timeframe as the original.

The way the batching was implemented wasn’t the way people wanted it.

The current batching feels nothing like vanilla. In vanilla it was impossible for a warrior to get a charge off against casters spamming 30 yard instant spells with no travel time. In classic it is near impossible to lock them in combat before they get the charge off.

I have played emulated Vanilla since 2015 so not really. You don’t even know what you will play in a month. Maybe you get some version of TBC, but you have no idea what or if you get anything.

Personally I have fired up the real 1.12.1 client and will start fresh Vanilla in 3 weeks. Playing emulated Vanilla with real data properly implemented on the real client with the real Vanilla feeling. That’s what a I will do.

So no, I’m not living in a bubble. I am playing Vanilla. That’s all.

I have real reasonable achievable goals and expectations. Vanilla. Nothing more nothing less.

People like you will never and can never be satisfied ever.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.