I’m playing on Gehennas and the Battle for Undercity is broken. Thrall constantly gets confused with the lines he’s saying. Sometimes, the explosion before going down to the throne results in rubble that Sylvanas and Thrall just walk through but we’re blocked by an invisible wall. Other times, we make it down to the throne, but then Thrall just walks in circles until he despawns.
I can’t visit Orgrimmar or Undercity until this quest is concluded because of the phasing, but I’ve tried it multiple times and don’t know what else to do.
When you start the battle, he ports down to the bottom of the elevator. If you kill the mob he’s standing besides, he ports back to the entrance…
Edit: Here’s how I made it, same post below:
I was able to get it to work after around 10 hours. The trick is as follows:
Don’t worry about Lady Sylvanas or Thrall. Sylvanas might just randomly despawn after getting to the elevator. Maybe she respawns at the center in the bottom floor, but she probably wont. Thrall will 95% slowly walk to the Throne Room and run his laps, don’t worry about him.
The most important thing is to kill all the bosses yourself! They are they key for the event triggers! You will see the confirmation at the top that the horde conquered the parts of the city.
Do the following (slightly inaccurate because it’s from my memory):
- Talk to Thrall to start the event and wait. Thrall will despawn 1 minute before the event starts.
- Go into the yard at the top of Undercity and kill the big boss - it will take some time…
- After that, go down the elevator - make sure to not go down before that you’ll bug stuff out! You might need an immunity as the slow fall will most likely be bugged.
- At the bottom of the elevator, you will see Thrall besides a monster. If you kill the monster, Thrall will despawn and reappear somewhere in Undercity. Don’t worry about that, just kill the mob.
- A huge mob will appear somewhere in the inner ring. Kill it.
- By this point, you should have everything besides the Royal Quarters conquered.
- Now RUN into the throne room before Thrall even gets closed to the entrance. Make sure you’re all the way in as the ceiling will collapse and the rubble will not despawn and hence will block you!
- The endboss will appear and open portals. Kill all the Portal Guards. Once the portals are closed, you can attack the endboss.
- Kill the endboss - Thrall will walk his laps while you’re doing it - super helpful!
- After you killed the endboss, Thrall will stop his laps and come to the throne. He will talk to the imaginary Sylvanas he sees because he’s so high on whatever they put into that green goo he walked through…
- The alliance will come. They will attack you, but Thrall will be a useless piece of an Orc and not defend as he’s inactive again - pull immunities or run!
- After 10 seconds, Jaina will stop the fight. A dialog will trigger.
- Thrall will walk down and you can actually turn in the quest.
- Thank to god or whoever you believe in that you’re finally finished out of this hellhole of a buggy event.
In case you got stuck, you can leave Undercity through the Sewers in the West. Just walk out and wait until the event resets.
I hope this was helpful and Blizzard finally fixes this…