Battle.net app keeps initializing and reclaiming disc space for WoW

Hello,

It started couple hours ago. Every time I close Battle.net app and re open it or when I quit WoW (no matter which version) - Retail, TBC and Classic keeps updating. It’s always initializing and reclaiming disc space. Sometimes fetching download manifest. I have deleted Battle.net app Cache, also reinstalled it. Closed my Antivirus. Nothing works.

16 Likes

It is same for me. Everytime I close launcher, it keeps initializing and reclaiming disc space.

1 Like

Same here. Since they opened SoM name reservation every time I open Battle.net App or exit WoW Classic client I am getting WoW Classic / TBC Classic mini-updates but it doesn’t even seem it’s an update, it’s just “Initializing and reclaiming disk space.” thing.

Me too, every time, even when I don’t close it I get this. Just had an update to b.net app and it happened again. Last time round it also had overwatch in there.

I’ve tried a full PC restart, deleting the blizzard/battle.net folders in the AppData storage, and it still happens.

My WoW install and game data is not on the same drive as my windows.

No, I’m not doing a full UI reset as it’s not doing it ingame.

It’s been happening ever since the SoM realms became active.

Edit: This is on the US forums too.

2 Likes

Glad it’s not only me, I was going nuts. Few hours ago all my games was updating all over again, now only Retail, Classic and TBC keeps updating all the time when I quit the game or re open the App.

1 Like

Same here, if I leave the bnet app open and don’t launch the game it’ll keep doing it every so often too which really revs up my computer. So, as usual they messed something up and it’ll probably take a while before they fix it after forcing people to waste tons of time reinstalling, scan and repair, and troubleshooting before they admit fault and fix it.

Plus now I logged out to update addons and hey it’s stuck on initializing and won’t update. Yay, guess I won’t be RPing/playing until they can figure out a fix. Which it’s dangerous close to a weekend sooo that might not be until late monday.

1 Like

Ok i find the solution
First start Battle.net launcher and wait for error
Second start World of Warcraft.app manually and you will see that button in Launcher change to “Play”
works for me few times in row

Happening to me too, small updates all the time.

1 Like

+1 on this constant small updates. Done it 10 or so times since 8am this morning.

Yes same here, the launcher keeps updating WoW and WoW TBC, while they are already the lastest version.

Same. Started last night really, so its been doing it on and off for like 18 hours. Live, era and tbc in an endless loop…

ya I keep getting notifications that multiple wow clients are updating, started last night around the time 9.2 was announced.

Why there is no blue resond yet? This is serious problem.

2 Likes

Because NA is just waking up.

Yup, same issue here too, been like it all day.

Not that its likely to matter but I’m on Windows 11 …

Same problem here. I am stuck in endless loop.

Me too. Same problem.

Having the same issue every time i open bnet it will do this or if i quit wow or sometimes even randomly… I thought it was my pc but nope

guys this happen to me a while ago and i saw an update for battle.net . it was a green arrow up left on blizzards logo! next to games tab… i press it , then the battle.net app done a reload and voila the freezing initializing finished and i was ok.

sorry for my english… i hope this will help you

Plus now I logged out to update addons and hey it’s stuck on initializing and won’t update.

The same is happening for me. When I started the launcher today it showed updates, but then didn’t load them. There was an update for the battle.net app which I downloaded, but it didn’t help. Stuck on initializing, can’t play. (Am on a mac.)