Be safe, your life is important

I think it’s more if you are a nice person, you don’t say that you are. While if you feel the need to assure people you are nice, then chances are you’re not, and have done something that is making them question it, hence why you need to reassure them that you are nice.

2 Likes

Ah well that kind of makes sense but still I was just saying what other people have told me about me I didn’t say I was myself although it feels like people are trying to twist my words somehow nah I’m just paranoid :joy:.

Obviously i don’t mean a normal nice person. But i mean more the kind of people that always claim to be a nice guy themselves, while always complaining about stuff like the friendzone. Trying to butter up to anything that sounds female. From what i saw myself and read online these type of people tend to be rotten to the core and often only show their true selves once they get rejected

This is what i meant. People who are nice dont always claim to be nice while overly trying to suck up to people and exploding in anger when rejected. I dont really know what to name them, so i name them “nice guys” because that is a term these kindof people often use themselves

1 Like

I would like to think ‘normal humans’ would be the term for them :stuck_out_tongue:
Or I would hope at least.

1 Like

It’s the self proclaimed bit that’s usually a bit of an eyebrow raiser. If others proclaim someone as being a nice guy it’s usually a good indicator that they are but if that person is the only one saying it then that’s a sign to use caution. They could of course be genuinely nice but basically/unfortunately you need others to verify it.

1 Like

what i noticed alot of these kind of guys that get really scary when mad due to rejection is that they often also complain about the friendzone,feminism and women picking bad guys alot. Ofcourse i am not saying all of them are mental cases, but some of them can get really psychotic when things dont turn out the way they want. Wich is why some self proclaimed nice guy that alwyas complains about those subjects should raise some flags if you get to deal with them

basicly to keep it short, dont even trust nice people blindly online, creeps like stalkers generally tend to be extremely nice to get close until you realize they are a bit too “nice”

3 Likes

Well said you kind of explained it best because it was right on the money.When other people say you are nice it’s the best evidence of it when someone is just full of :poop: he is going to lie about it to get something in return :joy: I have noticed that on one of the aquentences I met before he was acting all innocent and fine to women and next thing you know he was wanted by the police on the account of fraud he apoerently scammed people of their money.You can’t trust anybody these days.

1 Like

I totally agree. Personally I’m in the position where I met my other half online circa 15 years ago and I was the one setting out the do’s and don’ts when meeting someone online in RL. I knew that I wasn’t ‘dodgy’ but also knew that saying you aren’t makes you sound like you are. That worked out and she hasn’t killed me…yet (I’m sure she’s thought about it a few timesthough lol).

1 Like

Heh same, been 7 years here, yet to have an arguement, although tier removal helped, she played druid, and is now a mage :smiley:

2 Likes

Best thing I ever did was introduce my other half to WoW, never had any grief for playing it and for years it was our ‘quality time’ lol. She mains a hunter too although the whole WM on/off thing has made playing together trickier.

1 Like

Yep, yep and yep. They will also play the long game and build up trust over a period of time. I get how it may sound over the top and a bit like scaremongering but nomatter how long someone has ‘known’ someone online, don’t do things in secret, tell others about the contact etc.

Be my dad <3

this certainly raises a flag as well xD

4 Likes

:smiley:
It’s funny, as this danger aspect aside (although I suppose there’s also risk going out to club or whatever it is normal people do, the psychopaths go out as well.) I genuinely think a relationship formed online, a genuine one can be the best kind.

Physical attraction plays no part, and that is the one thing that is guaranteed to change over the course of a lifetime. It’s a meeting of minds and hearts, and those are the two that will last. If you’ve connected on that level, you don’t care how the other person looks. And you know they don’t care how you look, that’s just a bonus.

Oddly enough, there was a programme I watched a few years back, called Monkey Dust, quite bizarre, very bleak humor that had a sketch on that, recurring segment with this old man grooming Bridget (I think her name was), under the alias Benji, eventually arranging a meeting in the last episode. Twist being the little girl was actually an equally old man, who thought he’d been grooming Benji. Which is honestly a pleasing thought, that this could happen, amusement aside it’d mean that they’ve wasted their time and during this others have been safe.

2 Likes

Teaching kids to be vigilant in any aspect of life, whether that is online or offline should be something all parents teach their children naturally but unfortunately it doesn’t get taught well enough or is ignored by a lot of parents. We still have a lot of people in the “this would never happen to me” camp. We also have many parents who’re too happy to hand over phones/tablets/PCs to their kids and then take no interest on what they’re doing online.

Many kids when they ask why typically get an answer along the lines of “because its not safe” or “because I told you so”, its like many parents still haven’t cottoned onto the notion that giving their kids actual knowledge rather than 1 liners will do more for them in life.

3 Likes

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GoodnaturedTastyBovine.webp

Ever seen the tv show “catfished”? i think stuff like this happened in that program as well

Guilty pleasure !!! i hate reality shows but i cant look away when this comes up

Very much so. It’s also difficult when the parents themselves aren’t aware of the risks so aren’t always in the best place to advise. Luckily we’re a very tech savvy household. Do take a look online for online safety training, there’s loads out there, geared at all ages. UK or otherwise I’d suggest looking up CEOP the Child Exploitation and Online Protection centre who have a lot of excellent info on the topic.

Yeah, my other half introduced my to that. Nev and Max uncovering our webs of internet lies.

I’m glad it’s become as well known as it is, as well as some of the basic search methods they employ, so people can actually check themselves if someone is real.

Won’t work on me, I don’t use any social media, unless wow forums and guild/acherus discords count :smiley: