Beguiling has completely and utterly destroyed my enjoyment for m+

Remove tactics! Make it a straight corridor with no allowable deviation!

2 Likes

It wasnt in legion on this level and there we had fun in M+ too. Of course there was also meta, but not like this.

I like the challenge, and the fact that it isn’t the same every week. Sure it can be annoying, but no reason for me to come onto a forum to cry about how bad it is. It’s not bad, it’s quite fun.

1 Like

hey dude sup

My experience is that it is unpuggable. I tried, but it just isn’t. And I know it is subjective but I can not consider it as fun. So I now play ~50% less the game. I hope I am allowed to say that here without being called out for ‘crying’. Thanks.

I’m playing a prot warrior tank. S2 I topped out at arround 3.1 score.
That’s just so people know that I played a lot of m+ and enjoyed it very much.

I basically stopped playing with beguiling.

On the high end of m+ keys the ever changing beguiling positions with the weekly rotation of the m+ affixes result in many dead keys - meaning that you just can’t time a key of a certain dungeon on a certain lvl.

Am I talking about keys up to +17? Hell no. For players that play a lot of m+ beguiling isn’t a problem on those keys. But it’s still NOT FUN. It slows down a dungeon by a lot. Is it hard no? Is it fun? HELL NO. Was reaping perfect? Maybe… maybe not? Was it better than beguiling? It was.

The bigger part of the high tier m+ community stopped pushing keys.

A lot of the discussion in this thread is a long the terms of “if u can’t deal with beguiling you just suck”. That is as elitist as me telling u: if u were not able to push a +23 or higher on S2 u are just bad. Both statements are not true.

People experience beguiling in different ways. And I appreciate the view of someone who is just trying to pug his weekly +10 as much as the view of a very experienced player who just would like to play 20 and more m+ dungeons every week - which I did in S2.

I decided to accept that season 3 isn’t for me and that I will return in S4 and hope for a “better” (meaning better for my personal experience) seasonal affix.

6 Likes

There are already so many affixes that makes pulls scale exponentially with the number of mobs you pull (for example explosive), slowing things down and making sure you can’t pull more than 1-2 groups at a time. Adding beguiling on top of that means even slower runs.

As been said several times already in this thread: Beguiling isn’t hard, it’s boring and slows runs even more.

Reaping was fun! That sound when you reach 20% that sounds just like Left4Dead, got your blood pumping! At first it felt impossible and chaotic, but as you got better you could start handling them and maybe even pull them with the next pack. And it rewarded some smart play with skipping mobs to skip the last reaping pack.

Beguiling is yawn.

1 Like

to understand how beguilling works aint hard, but what makes it annoying and not fun at all, is the other affixes, cant kill the emmisary fast enoung, then hide, but oh if you hide earthquake hits you instead, or you hid explosive goes off, what may or may not hit you, seems bugged sometimes hits you or sometimes nothing happens,

na not theny just complain got hit void 1 haha

Opinions differ, I really like this affix. Reaping was fun? It was simple, 20%, then AoE the **** out of the group that comes and continue. I didnt dislike it, but it was super easy. I find beguilling fun, Reasping was boring af!

1 Like

So you are bad and mindless aoe cleave was your jam now you have to cc or die/wipe and you can not go further and you play alliance.
Makes sense.

You are just another whiny crybaby alliance posters 99% of posts of this type are from alliance and these who did not adapted.
I love new affix.

2 Likes

agree he did not show skill so ye

The fact you hate beguiling but not reaping makes me question alot

1 . Beguiling is much easier to deal with than reaping was & you have more freedom to use your cooldowns instead of just ‘‘save em for the reaping wave’’

2 . What is so bad about this affixes exactly …? you didnt really go into details :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

i hate gahuun horrbol deal whit

Beguilling takes a bit more thinking, but in general speaks for itself. Just sometimes the placement is rly sucky, like in SotS this week. Still, there’s always a way.

Reaping was mindless AoE. The only thinking required was, to time the 20-40…% well. I did enjoy it, but to say I will skip this season because of beguilling, as always with new things, you need to try it a few times, before giving up like this.

1 Like

There is just no way to pug it in a normal way. I am finishing 15’s in time with my group where we talk about the routes per week per dungeon for half an hour before we actually start. Also rogues/deathskips are now even more important than just having a couple of invis potions.

Look at KR this week for example to 3rd boss. You need ducking every cooldown and ability on the void-group and then you have to fight the axes. I did a +14 and a +16 KR myself this week… It is terrible.

1 Like

Fight with the axes isn’t that hard, just keep boss in the middle, walk out when axes pop, and go back in.

Severing axes. It is targeted to a player. I am not talking about failing walking out of circles.

But the moral of the story is; invis skip to halfway bridge, deathskip to boss room. The routes are not going to happen with pugs.

Yesterday I did a +10 FH, had a void emissary where the first pack starts (the one that walks from the stairs to the start). Unless you have a way of pulling the ranged mob on the left closer to your group, you can’t pass. Tank will take far too much necrotic and you need massive DPS if you want to kill the packs fast enough. Pulling the emissary would pull both packs, which is untankable at necrotic. Unless you have a stupid setup with heavy CC and stuff, you can’t simply pass them.

The more I play, the more I hate the emissaries. They ruined the dungeons by creating extremely hard to counter combinations, meaning that your success depends on luck. This is stupid in a “competitive” scenario.

I know how you feel, my main had 1020 score last season because of reaping … :confused: I just didnt have fun playing with that so i did a weekly +10 then didnt bother much