Being kicked from a dungeon must not trigger deserter

If you are not kicking people because you disagree with the reasons then the system is working as intended.

If you are kicking people because you agree with the reasons or you are the instigator and that person is removed because others agreed with you, then the system is working as intended.

Dungeons are a group activity, it is not a solo activity and no single person gets to dictate who stays or goes. It is a group decision :slight_smile:

It is not toxic to remove people who are holding up a group, or can’t do the role properly or are afk etc. I think people are too quick to label everything toxic these days. There are sometimes petty reasons for removing someone, for example for having a certain mount or one of the store helms.

Personally I will only instigate a vote kick or vote yes in one of I feel there is a justified reason. Going to answer the door, grabbing a drink, needing to use the bathroom, grabbing a quest item etc are not reasons I would kick someone. But I am not pushed for time when I play WoW, some players are and don’t want to wait around.

not doubting that this kind of griefing actually exists, but in all honesty, i have never experienced a kick on me, that was not warranted by me ranting or straighup being a hole at the end of a humans digestive system as a result of one of my partymembers being so immensely wrong in their ways, that i just couldnt deal with it any other way

I’ve only been removed from a random island expedition once, and they had every right to remove me. It was earlier on in the expansion and these two players just kept over pulling and killing us over and over. So I went off on my own and they removed me for not helping/staying with their group. Their method seemed pretty pointless to me but it got me a 30 min deserter buff.

I have been grouped with two guildies (not my guild) and they just had one of them afk on the boat the entire time. I could either leave and get the buff or just two man it with the other player. I decided we could just two man it and stuck them on my ignore list so I wouldn’t get grouped with them again in the future.

I tend to do them all in a premade now and we just do three mythics together once a week for cap.

I’m not sure what they can do to improve the system in regards to islands.

It would be useful if, when you’re kicked from a dungeon, you could see the reason why. Since one is entered when initiating the kick, the information is there. It might help for people who don’t understand what happened and assume that they were kicked out unfairly. That way you could see that people thought you were afk so that you know for next time to explain what you mean by brb.

le me agrees with le this

Deserter is bad. No doubt about it.

Everything else is worse, though.

Figure out something that is better - and convince everyone else, not just yourself - and who knows, Blizzard might hire you! (Remembering the Nash Equilibrium, if you can generalise the solution, you might even get a nice trip to Stockholm. :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

I’m not sad, I’m a warlock dude, what do you expect?

1 Like

right, so you didn’t tell them what you were going for or how long you’d be and youre upset they kicked you …
you left them in the lurch and in the dark, you suffered the consequences.
You should get deserter because people would just afk for days and never come back, just to be supercool and awesome.

You deserved deserter, you got deserter. Next time, tell them where youre going and how long youll be … then its up to them to decide whether its worth waiting or not. Most will wait.
Youre the toxic entitled player, not them.

No, it didn’t give you deserter for being kicked in the beginning of LFG queue system and it meant that tanks/healers who didn’t want to do the particular instance they found themselves in could simply hold the group hostage and demand to be kicked so they can instantly requeue. It wasn’t good.
I get that being kicked for the ‘wrong reasons’ isn’t cool and it sucks to be punished further on top of that, but the alternative here isn’t much better honestly.

1 Like

This shouldn’t be a problem with classic. There’s no x-realm, so it’ll be like the real vanilla where you have to be polite, or nobody will take you to a dungeon. Spammers, grifers and ninjas quickly get a name for themselves when you’re a real community.

2 Likes

Apply a debuff to the players who have been toxic and kicking people for such reasons.

Unhonorable Player (duration: 24 hours): You have been banned from using the Dungeon Finder as you have participated in removing active players from dungeon runs with you in an unhonorable manner.

2 Likes

And you want Blizzard employees to scan each dungeon run with a kick?
Impossible idea.

Each dungeon run that was reported.

You will. The people are still the same. It’s not going to magically go back 15 years to when the internet wasn’t so horrific.

1 Like

You bought a seat in at cinema, but people complain about you being to loud and ruining the movie. So you get thrown out by the staff.
But… but. You paid!
Doesn’t matter, you disturbed the movie.

In wow the staff is the vote to kick system.

This is the problem you are talking about.
People say something without backing it up and leave because they know they’re not sure about what they just said and don’t want to fail at trying to give a proper argument.

2 Likes

That’s a normal situation for this game. I’ve been kicked for that I was the first one who talked to a fem bronze dragon(who appears again at the very end of dunge) and completed the quest. After that she flew away and no one else passed the quest. The next thing I was looking at was ‘you have been removed from instance’ and lfg dunge ban.
That was the worst first game experience I’ve ever seen in online games. Why newguys like me must suffer by the trolls?

Group play in this game is shockingly toxic. Best to avoid like the plague, if you want to have a nice experience.

It’s funny!
If they vote kicked you then you shouldn’t be getting a debuff of 30mins?

Why not? Active players can’t be so toxic they deserve a kick?

this is exactly what used to happen uring cataclysm

2 Likes