Being kicked from a dungeon must not trigger deserter

How would the game decide if it’s ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ to remove a player then?
What are the conditions?

Lol, I’d say there’s no difference

2 Likes

This goes back to the WotLK days.

There was an unpopular dungeon (Oculus) that few people wanted to do, especially in a PUG. Instead of leaving and getting a deserter debuff, players would intentionally not do anything and demanding to be vote-kicked so they wouldn’t get the debuff.

The current solution is a result of the lesser of two evils. Is it perfect? Not at all, but noone has yet to come up with a better solution.

3 Likes

There should be no such thing as a deserter buff. If someone doesn’t like playing with some certain group, why should there be a punishment if they leave anyway?

1 Like

Is it ridiculous for the players not being able to wait a few seconds? Sure.
Should you have said that you needed to pick up a quest item instead of just “BRB” which indicates you’re going afk instead of picking up a quest item? Absolutely!

Also reading all the vanilla fanposts/comments…Euhm, bad news for you my friend. Plenty of toxic players going to play vanilla. Every post is the same about how bfa players are kids/noobs/losers that don’t know how to play a real game. That don’t know what it is like to struggle, etc. Toxic players are everywhere.

Plus the amount of streamers that will sent their army of 12 year old fans out to irritate other players will also be on that meager amount of vanilla servers.

Look on the brightside. Now you have 30 minutes to fish, do archaeology, maybe pick some herbs or mine some ores. Put them on the AH and make some gold. Which is much nicer then being in a group with toxic people.

2 Likes

Well yes there are toxic players on every version that is true but I am more worried about Asmongold Twitch cult that are the players you just described are going to be playing the game and enforce their Elitism in Classic and then nobody ends up playing cause of them that’s my fear for now at least.

This thread makes me weep.

• You get an automatic group
  • Automatic group feels as if it can’t wait for 1 minute
  • Automatic group kicks you
  • People defend automatic group because they’re obviously in a hurry - obviously. They don’t have a single minute!
  • People think Blizzard should pile on top of the punishment the OP already received by banning him from further grouping
  • People are worried that if they don’t, he will end up in the same group (/ignore is already programmed to make sure you don’t join same group. Shouldn’t too hard to add on top)

If ever there was a poster-boy for how stupid the LFD tool is, this is it - and the toxicity extends to the forums, as is clearly evident in this thread.

Thank you Blizzard for turning one of the most social and character building activities in the game into a slog through endless masses of people so busy they don’t even have time to say hello.

Thank you Blizzard for thinking that the LFD tool is a good reason to continue playing this game. Yeah, Jay, we remember dungeons without the LFD tool. They were better.

2 Likes

You are not banned from the game though…just dungeon finder. I feel you, the 30min debuff sucks, but Puny has a point. The debuff is there for a reason.

Are you by chance kicked often enough for this to be irritating on a regular basis? In that case, you’re probably annoying to play with, since even though I am not usually super friendly in leveling dungeons, I’m kicked out of maybe one in a thousand dungeons. Well, that’s just a guess, but I legitimately cannot remember the last time that it happened.

And as to your point itself, it was added because people abused it back in wotlk. They get a dungeon they don’t like? Go afk/troll until kicked. Same thing if something else is slightly irritating them. And you can imagine, if your tank/healer demands to be kicked, then it can be slightly difficult to continue the dungeon. This behavior would 100% return if it was changed. Considering the pros and cons, I don’t want it to change.

1 Like

Do you legitimately not see the repercussions of not getting the deserter debuff?

Dry your tears. Most people defend the reason for the debuff to exist, not the actions of the group. Dont be so dramatic.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m obviously saying this because I’m personally crying. It affects me in my mythic raiding gear all the time! :cry:

>_>

The whole setup to this scenario is ridiculous. Not only do I think the group itself is rude, but never mind that - the whole system that enables the level of punishment the OP endured is completely idiotic. I find that the reasons they give for this punishment is equally idiotic. The whole bloody thing’s idiotic.

My mistake…I guess.

Yet you post a wall of text. You took this personal imo.

It was metaphorical. I hope yours were, too.

…because you had mythic raiding gear while leveling and doing dungeons /facepalm

you do know as healer, you seldom have time to think in dungeons due to the rush rush mentality, like one boss dies everyone rushes again, so missing 1 quest item is easy, no need to show your toxic behaviour here.

Except I didn’t do that except at thet start of the expansion where I had a guild to play with me anyway.

I can’t stand the current levelling game, so I don’t do it anymore.

If you say so friend. I find it hard to intellectual on mondays.

So you did do it?:joy: