Bellular: The REAL Story of 8.2.5: Tyrande IS COMING FOR YOU - Blizzard’s NEW Warcraft Plot

I don’t think that having characters act stupid makes up a good story.

In order for this peace to work, Horde characters had to suck it up in terms of how they would’ve naturally reacted.

Forcing someone to go with a “Fine, he is awesome” in regards to the one that hypothetically killed his entire family, isn’t nuanced.

Its some forced crap that reeks of a writer wanting hostilities to come to a sudden halt and doesn’t know how to do so without forcing his or her hand into the plot.

And yeah, same will probably happen with Night elves.

2 Likes

Tyrande? Like I said, I don’t think she acts stupid.

Who talked about Tyrande specifically here?

I argued against this:

If Tyrande ends up doing the above, yes, she will be written as acting stupid. Much like the Horde was.

And that goes back to the other comment that said that Blizzard wouldn’t be as stupid as to force said behaviour on anybody.
Well…they certainly did with the Horde.

1 Like

Oh, sorry, it’s just the topic of the thread, and you weren’t being specific when you said “[…] having characters act stupid…”, so I assumed. Apologies.

Aha. I don’t see it this way at all, but maybe your definition of “stupid” is more elaborate than I can deduct. I generally find it silly to just put a label on the story writing, rather than discuss it. But be that as it may.

Anyway,
Like I said with Tyrande, then her motivation for vengeance and retribution comes from The Burning of Teldrassil. And she’s blessed by her Goddess in her quest.
So from the perspective of the Night Elves their cause is obviously righteous. How it will be perceived by others will depend. It’ll depend on the Night Elves’ actions toward them, and the ultimate outcome of those actions.

Your comments about The Horde goes the same way.
Let’s take Garrosh. His cause for conquest was The Horde shouldn’t be content with scraps and leftovers, that they had a right to claim as much as their strength warranted.
But because he ultimately gets beaten, then that philosophy is rejected by the winners – the rebellious Horde and The Alliance who have felt the consequences of his war.
The winners dictate the outcome. The losers suck it up and accept the chastisement for being the bad guys – the winners obviously have no desire to take that role themselves. And the winners write the story.

And maybe in the end the Night Elves and Tyrande will be everyone’s enemies and we’ll have to beat them and they’ll be evil villains in the story. That wouldn’t be stupid writing, but simply one possible outcome of their actions.

I don’t want to be a downer but the same reasoning didn’t stop elves and humans from attacking Amani. (and later Horde, shamingly).

Apparently “fighting for home” was not a virtue and Zul’Jin ended as raid boss.
I’m not saying it will happen here, I’m saying that it already happened before.

2 Likes

Please no ! for once let there be proper characterization instead of Human potential. Also miss Jito :star_struck: you have 24k+ Achievement points congrats.

2 Likes

I so hope they do not make Tyrande “evil”, but i will follow her to whatever end.

1 Like

Can Bellular be any more of a clickbait twerp

5 Likes

Well, common sense says that as long as Tyrande doesn’t do more than genociding one horde race, she isn’t more evil than the horde.

Blizzard logic says that if the tries to reconquer her land, she is evil and needs to be dealt with.

I still think they will just forget that teldrassil ever happened and do nothing though.

2 Likes

If I wasn’t NE fan I would say that Zuljin was troll top hero. Hope this message will never go live. :sweat_smile:

Is that common sense? Isn’t there a difference between being the attacker and the retaliator?

Not sure. Both the Gnomes and Trolls have re-taken their land from usurpers, and Blizzard managed to write that story to be one of liberation and rescue.
Where the Night Elves’ story will go remains to be seen. I think it’s quite bold to claim knowledge beforehand on this. :yum:

I think they’ll pit the Night Elves as the autonomous part of The Alliance that builds the tension between the two factions again, rekindling the flames of war.

The Night Elves are an excellent solution to a long-standing problem for the quest designers: It’s difficult to make a Horde quest where you have to kill Alliance NPCs without feeling like the bad guy.
The Alliance troops consist of normal Humans, cute Gnomes and jolly Dwarves. It’s really difficult as an Orc or Troll to think of yourself as a hero in that situation, because how can a cute little Gnome possibly be of any threat? It has pink hair for crying out loud!

So far the Worgen have been the go-to solution for this problem. The Worgen have the edge that makes them good Alliance foes for Horde quests.

But The Horde can’t fight Worgen all the time. The Night Elves are something new, especially if Blizzard pushes the native, savage aspect of them alongside this Night Warrior concept. That’s good material to write Horde quests around.

Blizzard are not going to forget about Teldrassil. It’s the best story material they’ve had to work with for the past decade.

Well from my PoV, if there’s any race the horde should feel bad about killing is the night elves since it’s the race that they have done the most unjustice against, especially in BfA. They haven’t commited genocide against humans, gnomes or others.
Usually nobody feels bad about killing armed soldiers, but considering that most of the civilian population of the night elves was wiped out in the war of the thorns, the horde should probably feel the most regret killing more night elves since they already have a dwindling population now.

That applies especially when they keep killing them in their own former territory, Darkshore and Ashenvale.

1 Like

But it’s not about what they feel, it’s about the story and gameplay.

Blizzard have some really good material to make Horde quests around.

Horde camp getting attacked by Night Elves? Defend!
Night Elves sneaking around destroying our trade caravans? Scout the area!
The Night Warrior is destroying everything in her path? Evacuate the children!

I’m no story writer (obviously!), but this is the kind of story that the gameplay is built around. Feelings and emotions don’t make for 6000+ quests worth of gameplay. The game needs action. The Night Elves can provide that in abundance.

If Blizzard wants a duality between some faction leaders becoming friends whilst at the same time having other faction leaders turn enemies, then the Night Elves are perfect toward that end.

This is the problem.

By that logic:

Arthas should had killed Jaina instead, because she did not support him in the war against the scourge. She just left him fighting for their home all by himself.

Daelin should had killed Jaina instead, because she did not help him in destroying Horde once and for all . She just left him fighting all by himself.

Problems with Tyrande character is, she went against Anduin advice.
Just as Boromir in LotR thought it would had been better to take the ring from Frodo and use it as a weapon to fight Sauron.
What happened to him ?
He got killed.
Blinded by the ring as Tyrande is blinded by vengeance and ignored Anduin.

Bellular speculates at some point how much damage, Tyrande did to Anduin war campaign by taking the bulk of her army to Darkshore.
Maybe that’s why he tells Saurfang, he can’t beat Sylvanas, in lost Honor cinematic, that’s why he tells him in the final cinematic, that he can only gather enough troops for one final assault.

We are on this mess because Activision blizzard writers refuse to write anything besides A side: victims, B side: agressors.
Also, they refuse to write an end to this carrot on a stick story.

Cheers.

The day is October 5, 2019. This is Daelinna, right hand of Lord Admiral Jaina Proudmoore… I am sad to report that some Tyrande fanboys STILL don’t understand that overextending your forces during a world war is terrible.

How many battles did Alliance lost because of overextended forces?
And if I remember it right NE were part of “suicide squad”. So what is the problem?

I cannot agree more. Yes, we are here because of Blizzard’s incompetence, mixed with Horde bias.

Tyrande isn’t going evil or anything. She’s too important for the fight against the void lords, because of Elune.

1 Like

0, because Anduin wisely chose not to overextend his forces.

Ooooor, they will make Tyrande the first void being we need to kill because she’s consumed by vengeance. This is the kind of things Blizzard devs think they are good with, but suck big time.