Best and Worst World Quests?

I just did “Polly Want a Cracker?”

That’s the one by the Flight Master in Freehold where you have to throw food to 6 of his runaway Macaws.

As I was cursing so fervently that all cats within a mile of me hissed and hid under things (except the one that’s still up a tree mewling piteously) it occurred to me to ask what other people thought of current WQs.

“Polly Want a Cracker?” is by far the worst for me. It has zero gameplay interest and is just about bouncing your screen around looking for the target and trying to keep it in track if you have to move.

Unlike the KT quests in Legion, I don’t find the Tortollan gimmick quests especially objectionable. Shell Game > Beachhead > Make Loh Go, but they’re OK, as World Quests go. The CD between moves on Make Loh Go could definitely use some shortening, but whatever.

And then I wondered what my favourite WQ was. I can’t think of one. Anything that involves killing a single named mob near a flight point is OK by me, but there’s nothing I get happy about seeing.

Because there are no questgivers associated with WQ, and disembodied loot just materialises in your bag with no interaction, I have no feeling for any of the quests, and none of them seem interesting in any way.

Any opinions?

3 Likes

Honestly, they are all so forgettable that… I can’t answer. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Pretty much. Same with Legion, apart from KT. I remember Mists and Cata fondly … well, with a mix of fondness and annoyance, but now I’m not grinding Golden Lotus any more, that misbegotten most imcompetent Rogue ever who has to have been some kind of Pandaren kin of Corki seems endearing.

What kind of World Quest could be interesting?

1 Like

It’s hard to say which WQ I dislike the most as many are boring after doing them many times, with the exception of 1… well I believe there are 2 others which are the same theme. I don’t recall the actual quest name but this image should give it away…

I do like the penquin race :slight_smile:

1 Like

Leyline “race” in Legion, that’s about it.

Hmmmmmmmmm
A T U R T L E M A D E I T T O T H E W A T E R
T
U
R
T
L
E
M
A
D
E
I
T
T
O
T
H
E
W
A
T
E
R

7 Likes

The worst world quest for me by a mile is definitely that annoying horse jumping quest in Tiragarde Sound “Best in Show” ugh it’s obnoxious. :unamused:

The ones I like best are the simple ones like the tortollan quests or the bombing run ones cause they can be done fairly quickly and they make a change from all the kill this collect that quests. :blush:

I don’t mind world quests personally, they give me something to do outside of instances and the gear rewards are nice. I did much prefer proper dailies with quests hubs, extra story and real NPC’s though.

5 Likes

Well, I in particular am probably not a good person to ask this question of. But the dailies I remember in detail (objectives, where to go, how to do them the most effectively) were the Isle of Quel’Danas ones in TBC, though I’m fairly certain that this is because of how much I enjoyed playing that expansion as a whole and not because of my fondness for dailies.

2 Likes

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, if the class toolkits felt more robust I’d prolly like just killing things a lot more ._.

No but I do kinda like the tortollan memory game for some reason. I also liked the barrel shuffling in Legion, and I hate the CoA “absorb elementals” WQ because I keep forgetting to press the stupid absorb button after kills.

3 Likes

Ones i really like no matter what the reward is:
Penguine Sledging WQ’s
Selfie taking world quests

Dislike:
Turtle made it to the water ones.

All of them are pretty bland and boring, i prefered back when there were no world quests but dailies. It felt more fitting in the world instead of all these random quests popping up.

the penguin sledding ones and the ones that are more like minigames are enjoyable. But i don’t ever want to hear the line "A turtle made it to the water"anymore

2 Likes

I like the shell game!

This isnt really a wq, but i cant stand that submarine quest at the end of the invasion in nazmir.

10 Likes

Oh yeah, when you killed some big guy for 15% you loot it and take a few seconds before using the heart to absorb it. It in the meanwhile someone mines it and the corpse dissappears

1 Like

Yup. Never doing that invasion again… ever…

4 Likes

It would have been doable if you didnt have to cross half the zone to reach the ships and constantly wait for torpedos to be avaible to shoot a damned horde alligned jellyfish

2 Likes

I love bombing run World Quests. They’re like an on-rails-shooter. Simple, relaxing, and different. Usually the story hook is pretty sweet too. Not too many of them in BfA, the Freehold one with the parrot droppings is quite sweet though.

I dislike all the World Quests where you have to just kill a laundry list of mobs or fill up a bar. I tend to avoid those. I don’t feel inspired to travel to a place just to do some ordinary grinding. It’s too plain and the act itself is found in all content, everywhere.

Best WQ is the ones where you just have to kill one single rare mob… love those.

13 Likes

Yeah, i apologize for small derail but that has really been bugging me, why those damn jellyfish are horde aligned? New allied race confirmed?:exploding_head:

2 Likes

I now always use heart before looting (learned it the hard way…).

4 Likes

Tortila seekers aside from shellgame, some quests that give you 0,00001% progress per 65474657456657 mobs slain (that one in nazmir killing blood trolls near the necropolis) or some that work properly only for one faction, like that totem testing in voldun …

Best ones for me are gimmicks, like that frog loa, hand of fate and similar …

I must say that incursions brought in some really annoying quests if that counts, SKUB marine in nazmir for alliance, voodoo masks for horde in drustvar and some other, where potentially enjoyable quest is turned into trash because person who made it probably never played a single game in their life …

1 Like