Best and Worst World Quests?

Beachhead - Turtle made it to the water
… not a fan of this one!

2 Likes

Worst WQ, having to give hyenas a laxative so you can collect their :poop:

I’m not even joking, there is a WQ like that.

1 Like

Any of those fill up the bar quests. I dislike those.

3 Likes

I remember doing this, but while its just this expansions poop quest it was not annoying except for the part of it being hard to reach with no fp closeby. You just throw some meat at hyenas and pick up 6 piles

I am a greedy miner so it was often happening to me I just mined the dead elemental and then was like, whoops. Sucks when it was the 25% one.

Turtles are one I don’t like much but it’s hard to find the true reason. The PoV is not good and WoW is not really fit for this kind of 3D content. More so when the missile feels too slow.

I think “fill the bar” is better than “kill 6 this and 8 that” because it allows some variability (based on class I use) but some mobs just don’t give enough progress - which I think is often the main issue with disliking them. Then, pathing/landscaping might make some awful - something that was the worst on Argus when you sometimes had no clue on what “level” an NPC is.

What would be nice is to have some WQs that are somehow memorable. I’ll not forget “Vampirates” from Legion because of what the tree said.

1 Like

probably the same way its hard to find the quest gives as they are scattered over the world in the middle of nowhere. And the voice acted lines from it making it purely annoying, while the minigames are fun to do once in a while

1 Like

Hate the show jumping one in Tirisgarde Sound, love me some pengling sledding though.

oh, and the one in Nazmir were you channel Krag wa and plop your giant froggy butt on top of blood trolls to kill them.

turtle made it to the water is the worst and one where you need to match 2 things is the best

1 Like

Best WQs: Kill 1 Guy
Worst WQs: everything that is not a “kill 1 guy”

9 Likes

Good ones:
Kill 1 guy
Shell game
Freehold bombing run
Giant frog quest in nazmir

Bad ones:
Anything with an extra action button (especially the azerite ones, always forget to use the button).
Lay line race (why is it even called a race no one else is competing and it takes forever- I’d rather fly twice as far for any of the other Kirin Tor quests)
Argent tournament ones that make you leave icecrown

But ofc there is! There has been poop collect quests on every expansion, it is tradition! The day when expansion comes with no poop collection quest, that is when i will make that “wow is dying” post. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m quite opposite of you here. I find the WQ’s far better than the old daily system, because evertime I enter a WQ zone, I hear an NPC talking, telling me what to do(kinda). This makes the WQ’s feel more alive and more interactive than the old dailies, where you had to travel to stationary NPC’s and read(or not read) whetever they wanted to tell you. WQ’s are triggered from any angle you enter the WQ area, so it sort of feel like you are just passing by, meeting this NPC’s at random, which feels much better than going to a very spesific spot in the area to meet a silent NPC(just text).

Maybe I’m weird.

i don’t have any clear favourite, but I do love the shell game, and I do agree that feeding the parrots is an annoying one, because of all the range issues and climbing up and down stairs unless you just sit stationary waiting(which I don’t actually have the patiene for).

I don’t like any world quest, there’s just a few I don’t hate. I’m not recycled content’s biggest fan at the best of times, so WQs are just a means to an end for me, really.

I’m not even exalted with any BfA factions yet, because the carrot is so small and I’m not really that hungry. I’ll just do them when I feel like doing them.

There are good World Quests?

No best, but the ones i can tolerate is “kill random guy”
Worst :anything that’s up in the air, wheter it is to feed or kill. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I did this one last night. I must admit that I’m not a fan. I found the best way is to just run around in circles on the ground while spamming the heck out of that feed button. Sure it aggro’s every mob in the area but it’s not so bad as long as you keep outrunning them. :laughing:

2 Likes

Worst: absorb azerite
Best: THE HAND OF FATE HAS BEEN SATED

Kooki be like

6 Likes

These quests totally do my head in now! There should be an achvivment for killing every single seagull & sand crab!

1 Like

Maybe there will be Makrura faction in 8.2 where we need to protect young crabs because some knobheaded adventurers turned them into endangered species.

2 Likes