Best class if you are playing solo

I’m not sure why you say this.
Boring because you have to drink all the time?
Because on a Warrior you’ll be eating all the time.

Warriors are the most popular class in classic by a large margin. You can enter a AB on Alliance side and it’s not uncommon to get 7-10 warriors in your team. They also cost a lot to gear and raid with & you’ll be competing for loot with a large portion of the raid (including Rogues).

Hunter is probably a lot more friendly for a late starter & a hell of a lot easier to lvl. Also very good money makers at 60. You don’t really have many expensive consumables for raiding and there’s usually only 2-3 per raid. Most hunters will be pretty geared by now so you should get geared very fast & you’ll get your MC bow & staff probably within a few raid resets (maybe 1st time if you’re lucky).

If you want to be top DPS then Hunter isnt the class to choose, but there will always be spots for them and I personally think it’s a better choice at this stage of the game.

Well tbf if one has little time to play with they’re not going to be top DPS either way. Either because they play a class that can’t do it, or because they play a class that can do it but they lack the gear and consumables to do so.

maybe if ur idea of leveling is sitting in berserker stance using heroic strike whilst standing still.

1 Like

If your plan is to play a warrior, start with it. it is only worth it to level a farming class first is if you have a very very high gametime.

But honestly, warrior isn’t that hard to level as a first character on a new server if you know what you are doing. I just wouldn’t recommend it to someone starting wow for the first time ever.
But when you already know the game,stats & so on (use str+spi gear, cooking, first aid, get cheap green items on HV, dungeons for good gear), warrior is actually quite strong during leveling.

Also, classic being out for 1 year, you can make some nice gold even with low level mats. I made probably like +20g by level 15, and my little warrior is pumped up with full bought gear and some enchants. He slays.

Ps: as a warrior you get the bonus of getting instantly invited to dungeons if you are willing to slap on a shield and to tank

1 Like

Play what you want, easy mode is Warlock or Hunter, at least past level 10 anyway.

Levelling solo is a very time consuming thing to do.

Oh yes, you also change stances for OP and dance around after using hamstring.
I see now.

For farming go for mage, it’s just so effective at farming gold, 200-300g an hour if you’re boosting. No class comes anywhere near that, just few hours of boosting and you can buy some gear for your warrior in gbid raids.

I think you’ve answered your own question here. You enjoy warrior, so yes, if that’s what you enjoy, go for it! Feel free to share your leveling story as you go!

3 Likes

Several classes have a melee spec, The hunter you already play has Survival. Perhaps you should try this? no need to split between two Characters.

Druid has two, Tank and DPS in Bear and Feral forms, but ultimately if warrior is what you enjoy, you could just stick with that?

Having said that you should try as much as you can, it maybe that you simply haven’t yet played your favourite class yet.

The OP asks which is best to play Solo, not sure where a guild comes in to that question, nor the Dungeons you list in classic.

Think you’ve read the title of the post, not the whole post here my friend.

To me end game is raids and possibly battlegrounds. Can’t see how it’s unusually to have a guild in that.

I’m going to have to assume you’re referring to BML, AQ, MC or Naxx. These are more typically referred to as raids. Even if that wasn’t the case, context is key.

Hope that clears it up for you :slight_smile:

Depends alot on what you want to do/ are willing to commit.

I mainly enjoy classic for the bgs / world pvp (mostly solo queuing but also prems). With that in mind, my take;

I would say, there are alot of warriors out there; like too much. To the point that you are a detriment to the team when queuing as one.

As sadly warriors are not actually that great to begin with. Dont get me wrong they are good… well lets just say somewhat limited.
Even running with a pocket healer, or multiple; geared to the teeth as a R14 + bis pve warrior; You will have a much larger impact on any given bg game with a decently/ low high end geared ele sham/ lock/mage/hunter/disco-holy priest.

These classes are just much more valuable in what they can contribute, beyond that they are capable to dominate a game way harder than any warrior are able to. In terms of what is needed the most; (horde side atleast) definitely pvp priest healers.

On the flipside; in Pve warriors shine. But given just how many other warriors you will competing against; gearing one could be pain.

Of all the things to respond to on these boards…

1 Like

Community management isn’t exactly high up on the totem pole of the office hierarchy. They respond in threads like these because it’s part of their job description to “manage” the community. They’re sometimes used as channels for the developers to get information out to the public, but they themselves aren’t cleared to say anything of substance unless it gets greenlit “upstairs” first.

Don’t think of them as people, because they don’t represent themselves. They’re simply outlets for the company, and moderates content on the company’s forums.

This is why you see admin accounts responding to threads like these. It’s because they’re only cleared as a standard to write about inconsequential stuff. The rest requires special permission.

2 Likes

Unless you don’t want to raid and want to focus on set 0 farming. Nowhere near enough tanks running scholo/LBRS/Strat

I dont think this come and go strategy will sit well with most guilds, and you would need help from a guild to get started on a warrior when you hit 60 to get sht done before shadowlands. dungeon traffic is low now, and pugs will not take you without decent gear.

a warrior aiming for endgame is a big commitment, is very taxing in the gold department and faces heavy gear requirements and competition.

to me it sounds like you should stick with one level 60 char, and maybe a class that is easier to get going with, like a hunter or a mage.
those have good gold income and have access to gear with low competition in early tiers that will give you a powerspike in pvp and everyday use.

and what are you going to say to your guild? Goodbye for now, see you in some months? You said you want to play endgame with your warrior, I dont know if you really know what this means? It means that you need to commit in a guild and spend lot of time. Its not like you will pug mythic plus and wait for your weekly chest…

My recommendation for solo play:

1. Hunter: Kite anything, easy leveling, less dying with feign death
    1. Warlock: Almost as easy as hunter, stronger in PvP, self revive, and summons
    1. Mage. Level through AOE pulls, insane burst, drinks, water, portals

What I don’t recommend:

1. Warrior. Horrible leveling, doesn’t work without good gear or a pocket healer
    1. Paladin. Only the healer spec works in classic.
    1. Druid. Again, only the healer spec works at endgame.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.