Best Hunter TBC Arena Race PvP?

Hi Guys!

Simple question as the title states. What is the best race for a hunter in arena during TBC?

I think for alliance it’s pretty straight forward with a dwarf for stoneform.

With horde which I currently play I’m a bit more confused. To me it comes down to either Orc or Tauren.

I see the it currently as:

Orc:

Pros:

+15% Resistance to Stun

+5% Damage to pets

Bloodfury

Summary: Nice resistance to stun, especially with lots of rogues in arena, but is it all the good with it being nerfed from the classic version of +25%? The +5% damage boost to pets seems pretty negligible and the final part with bloodfury seems not worth using in arena to due getting nuked down with the -50% healing debuff it gives, unless your playing some kind of nuking 2v2 combo with no healer.

Tauren:

Pros:

Warstomp

+5% health

Negatives:

Larger hitbox bad for hunter deadzone as makes it larger? (Unconfirmed?)

Summary: Both seem very useful, warstomp obviously has many uses, escaping kiting, stopping spell casts, negating damage etc etc. +5 health is always a nice touch, I think would probably be quite a bit better than the +5 damage to pets on the orc version. With the hitbox, I’m not sure if it’s confirmed if it will be as large as it is in classic, as I understand as a tauren hunter, it works as your max range is higher, but also your deadzone is bigger, which I think for arena would work out overall as quite a big negative.

Overall:

The orc hunter racials for arena, really seem a bit “meh” with only the +15% stun resistance being the only fairly good thing, and even that is nerfed from the classic 25%. I think the tauren warstomp would outshine the orc +15% stun resist but I’m not completely sure on this, and the +5% health out shines the +5% pet damage I think is pretty solid. Something which throws it all up in the air though is the tauren larger hit box.

So what do you guys think, any TBC arena pro’s able to give some advice on this?

Also as a secondary question, how much better is a dwarf hunter really than a horde hunter?

Thanks in advance guys!

1 Like

Personally I still think Orc is the race to go 15% is not “meh” it’s still really good. What do you expect to face most in arena? It’s going to be Warlock, Rogue, Warrior and Druid and it will help give you an edge over Warriors and Rogues and even the bash from Druids. War stomp is alright but doesn’t even come close to stun resistance imo.

Not to mention every Warrior and a lot of Rogues will be mace spec which is even more stuns. Paladins on both factions so even more stuns there.

As hunter resisting CC and continuing to kite > War stomp that suffers from spell push back.

Thanks for a well point answer Fantashtic instead of the usual one word answers with no backing up. Good points you mentioned, especially with mace spec on rogues, forgot about that.

Orc is great. Tauren’s hitbox will work against you. Orc is also miles better in pve. Blood Fury has niche uses because using it will give you the MS debuff and in turn remove wound poison. If you play with a druid you can coordinate blood fury with abolish to remove crippling on demand. You’ll still have to live with the -healing for its duration though but it can help you get away when you need it.

Dwarf is however even better than Orc and if you want to be really serious about arena viability you should probably play Ally. Rogues are just too damn strong in tbc and stoneform carries hard with its on demand poison removal (remember rogues have 30% dispel resistance on their poison and you’ll likely have 6 stacks of poisons up all the time).

1 Like

I am wondering the same…deciding between Dwarf hunter or Tauren hunter…im so hyped for melle hunter…also 2 hand animations is decen on booth…dawrfs have stone form against rogues slow, rend and against feral druids…tauren look majestic nad have warstomp + good hp that goes well with survival talents…The problem is hord ei gonna be over populated… the beaut if melle survival hunter is u can macro 3 of your mele abilities into a single keybind for insane burst dmg…raptor stike, mongoose bite and counterattack. insane hp talent that give u 20% hp 15 talent 5 tauren…also isane dodge and parry…aaspect of the monkey goes well with mongose bite …u also get dodge from toher talents…so we are looking at 25%+ dodge 15%+ parry…activate deterrence and u can mele burst down anyone lolol…but that alo works on melle right? tauren have ncie mele range and decent 2 hand axe animation… also since u have a lot of isnta mele attacks u cna war stomp and use idk 2 wingclip or moongose if u have dodge proc or counter attack if u have parry proc… example TBC hunter melee build ah cant post links- blood fury feels bad 15s -50% antiheal is very abd for Arena imo Dwars vs tauren hmmm hunter…mybe tauren warrior lol but warrior will be good in wotlk when u get bladestorm…for charge, war stomp, shock wave, bladestorm…shamans also have good tauren combo…lava totem, war stomp, chaing lightning, chock for insane burst even thow ar stomp feels slow in arena probably

Melee hunter is not a thing in TBC. I don’t know what expansion they put that in but it’s not TBC or Wrath at least.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.