Best leveling pet

Hello!

I am new to hunter in classic as you can see on my level and I wonder what’s the best leveling pet.

I know boars are tanky and they have a charge and that cats deal more damage but I’ve also seen some people leveling with a wolf. I now that they give a group buff so they are good in raids and dungeons but I wonder whats the best to go with.

I will level alot and not rush it because I want to enjoy the leveling and explore the world as it was before cataclysm becasue I didn’t play vanilla.

Im playing on a pvp server so I know that I’ll have to do some wpvp in stv and maybe even earlier. So a cat would be good there but when I level I don’t want my pet to die and maybe tank 2 mobs. A boar is better at it.

And I’ll also play dungeons and I don’t know if I should go with any other pet to level with and play dungeons or if I should level with a wolf so I have it ready for a dungeon or if I should level with a boar or cat and switch to a wolf when I want to play a dungeons and then switch back.

Then we have another problem. If I level a cat or boar I level that pets loyalty and it’s level but when I want to play a dungeon that wolf will not be the same level as I am and maybe not have the highest loyalty level so I have to feed it more.

What do you guys recommend.

Thanks!

I use my void walker

5 Likes

be serious with your replies pls

3 Likes

Get a pet that looks like a void walker: tank and can help u

I always just chose based on what I want at the time but the actual best for levelling is cat. It deals most damage on average and more damage=more threat which means you kill faster

Also after a certain level mobs start to take longer to kill, weaker pets are noticeable then

but will people let me play dungeons if I don’t have a wolf?

Yeah. I use wolf by choice but I would be annoyed if someone expected that tiny bit extra damage once every 10 sec for a dungeon

Some people will expect you not to have a pet out during dungeons at all. In fact some will spam you calling you a noob for having a pet out and not being marksman even while leveling…

That just makes them a bad player. Even if you were to maximize group damage by going Marksman having no pet is just straight up damage loss.

What people will complain is if you have Growl on auto-cast or you can’t control your pet and it pulls extra mobs/packs.

As for what OP was asking, I really like Owls and Carrion Birds. For one birds are just cool, but more importantly they get Screech early which is real nice AoE threat move for solo play.

1 Like

Boar without a doubt. Eats everything and can charge in so gains aggro quicker when you engage.
Just a generally good all round pet. That charge also pins a target for a split second so good if you get in any WPvP.

2 Likes

I’ve never had anyone complain that my pet was out. Just switch taunt off and only engage your pet when you know they won’t pull any unwanted adds.

I’ve had plenty. Honestly leveled as BM, and around the SM -cath phase people started getting really ratty about pets. I never once pulled an extra mob but that doesn’t stop the priest saying hunters and warlocks dismiss pets or I leave. No lie!

Seems like you levelled with some Aholes. It’s reasonable to ask a hunter to dismiss if they are pulling excess adds but if they haven’t then they have no right to complain. Pets are a big part of your DPS as BM.

boars are not bad but lose aggro pretty fast if its a bit longer fight just because its a slow dmg dealer with an auto attack 2sec and bite 10 sec cast.
cats take a sec longer maybe to get full aggro but holds it better because auto 1.3 sec and claw instant if he gets 25 energy with is pretty fast.

for dungeon early on cats ar still the best if you are lvl with them. i use then cower instead off growl. (wathever pet you chose dont take any with you that do a aoe dmg, tanks dont like that)

as for talents my hunter is now lvl 32 , i started with bm to make first the pet stronger so till the talent that he gets 5% more crit (20 points i believe) when done i take the rest to the mm tree.

Went to lvl 28 last week.
Tried the 4main pets, and i kinda love cat the most… I notis Less down time due the higher dps.

Kork the trendmaker I find old fashion post and suddenly its the hip thing with the kids

Get the rare “The Rake” in mulgore, a fast DPS pet. You will get far more damage from the Orc racial than a wolf.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.