Best way to make gold?

Hey!

Now when im just waiting for Shadowlands I want to get some gold to but some cool mounts. I haven’t really gold farmed much before. I’ve picked herbs and sold them on AH.

Is herbing a good farming method? Or are there better ways to get gold? I don’t want anything complex. I’ve ranked my anchor weed and some other herbs to max so I get around 5 when I pick them up.

Let me know if there are any better ways to make gold.

And can you give some tips on good herbing rooutes?

Thanks!

I don’t know what the market’s like on Draenor now; I stopped looking for gold quite a while ago. But the herb boom is long gone this expansion:

https://theunderminejournal.com/#eu/draenor/category/herbalism

From current prices, I’d herb in Drustvar and Tiragarde. Makes sense, with so few Alliance. Zin’anthid don’t seem to be fetching a premium. You can’t really target Anchor Weed.

Mayge Questionable Meat and the 8.3 Fishing for Visions food would still hold up, but the initial boom is gone from those as well.

You can make about 20-25K per week per character farming the three Draenor raids on all four difficulties. This thread gives more details and the take from other raids. Raw Gold Farming [Old Raids] [No AH] Also ~4K/hr farming Skyreach dungeon in Spires of Arak, Draenor 10 times an hour.

Depends how much you want, though. If it’s the Brutosaur, only boosting will get you the 5 million gold at this stage!

1 Like

idk, i ve had trouble getting rid off my herbs since a couple of weeks now. everyone is trying to get rid off their materials now before shadowland hits so i suppose its a pretty bad timing to farm herbs/ores for gold because the prices arent really that great anymore. i ve been trying to sell 1 stack of zintanid for 20-25/piece for about 3 weeks now. just too much competition.

at this point i suppose selling boosts or running raids for raw gold is the best way to earn money atm.

2 Likes

If it doesn’t have to be fun, then a reliable and easy way to make decent gold is running through the Warlords of Draenor raids on all difficulties and just vendoring all the loot. One run through say Hellfire Citadel is easily 3K gold. Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold up to Heroic should also be quite possible. As Gráinne pointed out though, if one of the the “cool mounts” you’re aiming for is the brutosaur, and you don’t already have a lot of gold, this isn’t an option.

2 Likes

Greetings!

If you are considering different ways of making gold, first you should decide how much gold do you exactly want each month.

If your goal is some 10-20k mount then raw gold farms will be your best bet.

If you want to make around 170k (a token basically), you can consider herbs, but most likely bots have already ruin the market.

If you are looking to make enough gold for the Brutosaur… Well that is an entirely different topic.

2 Likes

I looked on the link and it looked quite nice. But is the gold raw gold or gold + items you vendor? Also, how long does it take to clear 1 raid on 1 difficulty?

Nearly all the gold is in vendor items. For times, read down the thread. I listed them.

How fast it goes depends on various things; class, gear, if you avoid trash etc. A Hellfire Citadel run on say Normal or Heroic takes 20-30 minutes. The LFR runs take considerably less time and are almost as good money.

1 Like

You’re doing well to get through HFC in 20 minutes! (Especially on a DK :stuck_out_tongue: ) The nerf to the first boss much have knocked off 4 or 5 minutes, but I’d be very surprised to do it in 30 without a speed set.

Having said that, I do remember getting through all but two(?) wings of Draenor raids from the Garrison, and being stopped by the hour limitation.

1 Like

Level up all professions including blacksmith inscription enchanting alchemy (2 alts 1 flask, spec 1 potion spec) leatherworking tailoring.

Buy cheap mats (like ore) and convert them to the starting pvp items (400/415 ilvl). This is in demand due to the ilvl restrictions of new alts and transmog value.

To get efficient crafting u need marks of honor. Lots of them. To get rank 3 recipe.

Prices depend on server.

Another method is just spam sell pots/flasks, even though market is crashing now. Greater flask went from 380 to 210 in 2 weeks

Farm old raids (lfr normal heroic mythic)

Do dailies assaults on alts and cache emissary.

In general, time spent = gold.

For us normal people who don’t engage in botting, boosting or MUltiBoXing, it’s hard to make gold unless you play a lot. And have a lot of alts. Whereas a booster will sell a +15+ in 20mins and get 20-50k

2 Likes

415? Have I missed something?

I think it’s around 27 on DK. A small trick that saves a little (not much, but a little) time is 1 shotting Lord Aramel just after Socrethar, if his shields aren’t up. I find the flame essence useful for this.

I’ve been doing these raids for the past couple weeks now, and I’ve gotten efficient enough that I whine about the instance limit often enough :smile:

400 then… Wasn’t sure. Didn’t sell the in a long time time

Watched Dala GG on youtube and he said that Skyreach is a good raw gold farm. Can someone confirm that? I don’t know if it is.

I used to do Skyreach. It’s good. 5K an hour if you can stomach it. To speed things up, after the big bird boss, if you can attack the Dervish on the platform above, that will cancel the wind slowing you down. Warlocks and hunters can just send their pet up to attack him. On DK I throw a Death and Decay.

Okay, I think I will do Skyreach as a gold farm and have netflix or something in the background to listen to

Freehold is 800G is you skip ring bosses.

Boosting/Advertising

Have tons of alts, and do the gold emissary on all of them. I have 11, so I make 22k every gold emissary. :'D

3 Likes

Mythic jaina sell - 3 min; 30k to 40k gold?

1 Like