Best way to make money?

I am tailoring-enchanting priest. I’m very poor rn. I want epic flying when I have dinged 70 and to buy some epic BoE.

What is the best way to make money? Anyone has good tricks?

2 Likes

Level by grinding dungeons and safe the quests for level 70 because then they give additional gold.
Also use your professions to craft stuff and sell it?

3 Likes

Roll shadow for a few days, farm primals or do quests. I managed to farm 5k gold in 20h on my server as shadow with dungeon gear and only a few consumables. Shadow priest has one of the best grinding specs in the game, because it’s very versatile.

4 Likes

um what did you do to farm the gold? farm primals? which ones are the best

If you have about nothing, get attuned to black morass and grind all the way to 70, there are alot of non elite mobs there that drop type of spidersilk. Heard people are talking about 250g-300g per hour for most classes

But if you only level with dungeons to 70 and do all the quest after, there is around 7k gold in those quest

2 Likes

I farmed primal manas in bottom right of Netherstorm, because mobs were dying with by the two dots alone and I was chain pulling none stop.
I also farmed primal fires and airs, when the plato was free, or under the throne of KJ.
Nowdays I have a herbalist and make flasks and pots for gold. (I’m elixir master)
In the early mornings, people also pay for healing services, so I pinch in a few gold coins from there.
I also sell primal Nethers in the form of Spellstrike and Whitemend crafts.

1 Like

Do quests when you’re 70 and grind attunes etc first, you’ll make a ton doing that.
You’ll need to do it anyway if you wanna do the content, so you may aswell

If you wanna immediately dive into farming primals are nice but killing two birds with one stone is the move imo

4 Likes

just keep in mind that thanks to botters und people who buy their gold the prices are extremely inflated and things cost like 2 or 3 times more than it should.
also some people had insane amount of gold from classic, adding to that.

if you are just a normal player you are basically screwed and will be weeks behind everyone else.
dont even think about buying epics if you want epic flying, or the other way around.

1 Like

When the prices are extremely inflated you will also get more gold for selling stuff.
Mount price will always be the same. In that sense it’s a lot easier to get the mount.

6 Likes

sell boosts

1 Like

Have insane luck and win some expensive boe jc/ench/any prof patterns.

Check the market on your server, and farm accordingly, as the other horde priest said, probably primal, people still needs it for crafted bis.

Since you don’t have gathering prof, you’ll be grinding mobs, but honestly it’s better that way since most of miner / herbalism are farming at 280% speed atm. Making it veryy hard for people to even level the profession.

You can level by grinding dungeons, but quite honestly it’s a soul-destroying bore.

What I do is quest until L70 - which is typically Hellfire, Zangarmarsh, Terrokar, Nagrand. I’ll also do a spot of grinding here and there - mainly for rep, such as Lower City, which is pretty good rep to have, or Ogres in Nagrand etc. I’ll also do a reasonable amount of dungeons.

Once I hit 70 I still have Netherstorm, Blades Edge and Shadowmoon left to do, all of which now gives gold instead of XP.

Over and above that you’re a tailor, so you have your Spellcloth cooldowns. Selling the cloth, or even the cooldowns can be lucrative.

Vendor any and all non-essential gear, greens, junk etc. Buy nothing from AH - save your money.

Look for other opportunities for profit. Items that give Aldor and Scryer rep always sell well on the AH, especially Fel Armaments and Arcane Tomes. Farming these is always profitable. Primals are always a reliable money-maker too.

In short, making the 5k is going to require a combination of questing-for-gold post level cap, farming for profitable items, especially trade mats, making good use of your tailoring cooldowns, and vendoring everything you can’t sell on the AH.

3 Likes

I went into tbc with 200g bought my epic flying mount at 70 instantly and now am making 400-500g an hour with my farm. Dont come with such nonsense.

1 Like

Depends on profession. But that’s often not a thing, blacksmiths have a lot of valuable items but because almost all the classes that need those items are also blacksmiths those items are worth less than the material cost on AH, everyone who needs them not only can craft them for themselves but they need to in order to level BS, so they are also made at a big loss.

You can make money from cooking if you have one of the rare patterns but it’s small change and it will not last long, as the patterns become more common. Maybe there are some items from some professions that still have AH value and profit, but professions often just cost you much more money than they ever earn you.

Jewelcrafting seems good right now and Alchemy too, not sure about tailoring (cloth on my server is actually worth less than vendor value from just turning it into bandages).

Well this week I’ve made over 1000g selling iron axes - which ain’t even a tbc thing.

Just ‘sayin

wtf is iron axes

whats your farm?

Don’t care if you believe me or not but I would not give away that farm to the public because then it would not be such a good farm…

Go to goldshire and dance naked on a table whilst begging for gold.