Beta Development Update -- Leatherworking Drums

Anyone that thinks LW in its past or previous state actually has a benefit in a raid other than a gimmick for World First guilds are the issue honestly.

A 4% haste buff would let you kill the encounter 4% faster.
If a fight last 5min, that’s a 12s faster fight.

Now, you’re just stuck with a 3s faster fight. Oh my. The change is outrageous.
It was a horrible min-max to begin with and it’s beyond horrible now.

1 Like

You do know that Ferals in shapeshift form didnt benefit from drums anyway?

You’re not wrong, but in practice the community pressures and punishes you for not doing it. Even top 20-50 guilds will force you into going LW because of this minor (but relative to other options, major) perk. It’s bad for the game. Yes, it’s the players not the game, but part of being a game designer is adapting to how players play to your systems :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you sure about that?
It’s a melee haste buff, and melee haste from other sources work in feral forms.

good change, kinda makes the lesser and greater drums change redundant now though?

1 Like

If i’m honest I’m quoting ScotteJaye in this video - he’s maining a Feral - so I assume he knows his class. ( You’d hope he does )

Drums

Two minutes exactly in.

min max lw is better than min max LW/Ench/engi

Just watched it my self and you missheard him he said that they cant use them shape shifted big diffrences from not benefiting from them

My bad - thanks for the correction :slight_smile:

1 Like

LW benefits entire party.
Enchanct/Engineers don’t :slight_smile:
They only benefit yourself.

Big difference :slight_smile:

Based :cowboy_hat_face:

Good change, thank you Blizzard.
Otherwise, the player would min/max everything out of it and sometimes the player must be protected from himself. Also, a lot of people cry it is a nerf but then also cry the bosses are too easy, I don´t understand them.

1 Like

did I understand this correctly, when one person presses drums, his whole group receives 2 minute debuff of no drums?

Can you at least make lesser drums usable in shapeshift form? :frowning:

why do u tag me with a response irrelevant to what i said

Why is it irrelevant exactly?
Min-max LW = Enforced due to it benefitting entire group.
Min-max Enchant/Engineer = Not as enforced as it only benefits you.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

Min maxing engineer/enchanting benefits the raid, just like drums, though to a lesser degree. Drums on the other hand was the only profession benefiting the raid with a skill involved

Good. Heroism / Bloodlust next? XD

Setting up weakauras for timers isn’t exactly peak skill gameplay. besides, this change nerfs potential player power notably. thereby making raids and dungeons harder.

1 Like

Tbh only change they need to make to BL/Heroism is not even to the ability itself. Just lock raid groups upon entering raid combat.