Beta Development Update -- Leatherworking Drums

Bloodlust/hero isn’t even related to this lmao.

nothing about classic/tbc is peak skill. it is however A skill and adds another layer of awareness, especially to the one dimensional mechanics of pre cata gameplay

Wait, you don’t seriously believe this change made the game easier, right?

This is worse than my solution, increase the range of the drums further and make it raid wide, prevent it from stacking with AP/SP drums. That’d give you exactly the same as you had before but only require 5 leatherworkers.

The new change requires 5 leatherworkers but lowers overall raid dps. Rogues and Warriors lose a lot of dps from this change, due to their resources scaling with haste.

Thank you Blizzard for listening!

btw this is why people said #NoChanges since classic.

Any changes blizztrash does will only screw things up even more, theyre braindead.

Blizztrash if youre reading this: PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT TRY TO “FIX” MORE THINGS - YOU ONLY MAKE IT WORSE.

Nah, this is a good change. Classic could have been better with #somechanges

3 Likes

They nerf drums, they might nerf shaman bloodlust rotation by giving it a similar debuff (like on retail). The risk of that happening as well is very much related to this nerf imo.

Bad change - Making drums not mandatory is fine, but making drums weaker changes the balance of the game. If the drums had simply been raidwide the need for 20 leatherworkers would vanish without removing the drum meta.

What was hard in 2008 is not going to be as hard in 2021. Just look at how many people have cleared naxx in classic compared to vanilla.

‘‘If they nerf a profession they might nerf a class.’’ That just doesn’t logically follow my dude lmao.

Good. Now give us the pre patch. I’m sorry for everyone that likes Shadowlands, but I cannot take it anymore. This expansion is so boring, unfun and filled with useless stupid chores.
Release that damn pre patch

Good news , the debuff is much preferable to “forcing” 20 LW in raid to be “optimal”.
And it also helps slightly increase the time bosses will last.

1 Like

For me personally being a regular player where “optimal” is “best effort” and play the game for fun; I’m NOT ok with stacking warriors and I really didn’t want to go engineering.

The point with this change, and why I’m happy with it is because I didn’t want to be forced to go leatherworking. And in IMHO I don’t think anyone should be forced to go into jc/ench either.

This whole number crunching is fun and all but 98% aren’t doing speedruns, you just want to clear content and for that specific purpose this change doesn’t matter much… But it DOES help us plebs that just want to be “good enough but not hardcore”

You could have saved yourself all the effort of “a great deal of consideration”, because the community has told you that Tinnitus Debuff is the best solution ever since TBCC was announced.

:man_shrugging:

But hey, I’m not gonna complain. This is the best way to go forward with LW, thanks!

1 Like

Well this honestly sounds like a good thing.
You still have at least 5 LW per Raid and maybe Engi will stay Meta… who knows since people will Min/Max this old not too hard content anyway and cry over it being too easy.

1 Like

This solution would have never worked because there’s more than just one type of drums - which means that every raider would’ve used all the drums.

Leg armor enchants come from LW.
Plus drums are still gunna a huge requirement for raids, we talking 5 being popped every 2 minutes, even average raids will do this, at very least for boss fights. That’s a lot more drums than were being used back in the day (as people didn’t min max nearly as hard). LW is going to be fine. There will be a big market for drums. A lot of LWs are going to be buying this shiz straight off the AH before raids.

1 Like

I think the people saying drums “only gave 4% haste” haven’t actually played using drums before. There are several types of drums; one give haste, one gives movement speed, one gives attack power & spell power, one restores hp % mp and the last drums fear mobs 5 in an AoE around the player. They are actually incredibly useful, and even offer some utility.

I am actually really happy about this change, especially since I am already “forced” to go Blacksmithing for the weapon I now can go Engineering along with it.

It adds a layer of strategy, i.e. when to use the drums to the best benefit in a fight. It adds a layer of skill in trash pulls; speed runners will attempt bigger and bigger pulls to try AoE everything down in a single drum use. It will also make the boss fights harder where stacking isn’t an issue anyway (which is the majority of fights, and also the stacking thing goes away at 2.3 anyway so this argument is bad). Unfortunately for you, you are in the minority in your thinking, no one wanted “World of Leatherworkers”.

3 Likes