Beta Development Update -- Leatherworking Drums

This is why no changes was better - Blizz is just ruining wow all over again just like you did retail with nonsense changes fore the casual crowd.

Why did I ever think they could do anything other than by greedy morons all over again?

I don’t see how a drums change has anything to do with “greed”, if anything actually spending time trying to change them is the opposite of greeed.

Character boosting and “deluxe edition” mounts are a different story however. At least criticize them for the correct thing.

4 Likes

I beg to differ.
The market for drums was already quite bad in terms of gold making margins (my experience from pservers), and even when people bought them off the AH you weren’t making a whole lot of gold from it compared to alternative sources of crafting.
And that’s with “everyone” being a LW, where the demand was higher.
One reason for that is that drums are somewhat cheap to make, and have 50 charges to begin with, so there’s only so much demand for drums at any one time.
1-2 drum crafts and I tended to be set for the whole week personally.
(And nothing was preventing me from buying/grinding the mats and just creating the drums myself, as a LW)

How is making it so 5 people don’t have to stick with LW for drums ruining wow exactly?

You are clearly the only moron here if you think the old drums system actually made any sense…

anyone who isn’t a casual raider and has LW currently had two choices which was either drop LW for a better Profession and risk not invited to a raid over someone who kept LW OR keeping LW and gimping you’re time and money because you’re raid team needs 5 LW’ers.

I’m sorry but you might be happy to be stuck with a massively lackluster profession in TBC but other’s werent so this is actually a great change and gives a lot more room to raid teams in the hardcore scene which ironically is totally opposite to your point of them making changes for the casual crowd.

Instead of crying about every single thing Blizzard does how about next time trying to actually understand why they did what they did first?

1 Like

I am very disappointed by this. I was hoping drums would have any changes. #nochanges. Might be fun having to get engineering for sappers and alc for pots, while still going JC and ench for the minor stat boosts each time…

Say LW is the “best” proffesion for pve, then nerfing it so only one need to have it, now there are 2 other better proffesion, and the one that have to take LW does not get to pick from those. So you create a gap between those who can choose and those who cant. If you want to be nr 1 for dmg for instance, now you have to force someone else not to compete with you.

Shouldnt the goal be to have the different proffesions each offer something you want and balancing those against eachother be the goal instead of just nerfing one to open up for others. I would so much rather have that enchants rings only works for enchanters, special gems only for JC and so on. So each of them can be considered an ok choice.

NO to changes that hits people differently.

You’re absolutely right which is exactly what this nerf achieves…

People are being blind to the fact that in TBC LW was basically mandatory for many raid guilds because of how effective drums were and now players have a more free choice to move to JC or any other professions IF they so wish.

LW still offer’s a great variety of items including BOP epic gear but people are acting like LW is only there for the drums which it wasnt.

2 Likes

Thank you! #somechanges is the way forward! This sounds amazing to me.

It doesnt balance it towards the others at all, given that we agree that it is the best proffesion.

It just removes it as an option all together for 80% of the raid.

There’re several support DPS in TBC anyway, like enha/ele shamans, who’re naturally good fits for LW. Healers also can generally find room for LW, especially shamans. In general, having your shamans get LW is generally a good idea considering that you’d run 1 per group anyway.

It balances it by taking it down a peg is my point.

The idea that LW is useless without the drums is just completely false.

They still offer leg enchants aswell as 4 specialization sets that are all BOP (Ebon Netherscale/Netherstrike/Primalstrike/Windhawk) that’s without the wide range of BOE item’s it has to offer.

The profession will still do what it has always done which is have access to create mail/leather sets ontop of now including leg enchants.

I’m sorry but I absolutely refuse to give in to this notion that LW is basically drums or nothing because it’s simply not.

Still an issue if you would want to be the nr for that supporting class

Ah you were talking about actual worldwide parsing? Lol…

I hate to break it for you, but if your focus is on parsing (not just in-guild but vs everyone else), you picked the wrong version of WoW to begin with. Your ability to parse will always be limited by many things that’re completely beyond your control, such as:

1. Your guild’s raid composition (whether you get the bloodlust/heroism, whether you get a group comp tailormade for you, etc)
  2. Your guild’s raid tactics and efficiency (the faster they bring bosses down, the more impactful your cooldowns will be and thus your parses)
  3. Your guild’s support decisions (which include not only profession assignments but also items like Twilight Chain Owl, Innervate rotations etc)

Ultimately, parsing is a fool’s errand. The only thing that’s worth competing as is the guild’s speedclear times. 100 Parses will be the realm of primadonnas who enslaved a raid to do their own bidding for them, even at a net loss for the raid itself.

3 Likes

leg enchant being boe, as well as the rest of the boes, makes it so that people will simply have lw alts, and not use lw in raid. The bop crafting gear is sub par, and it will be replaced very fast, and I doubt very many people will run LW for it, at least after the first few phases.

But by the same point Drums will be buffed during the later phases so the point of LW being useless for a main is still just simply wrong so LW has access to great early phase BOP items aswell as BOE enchants and various other boe’s keeping it useful as a Profession.

If your hopes were that Blizzard would gear the game towards parses then you were gonna be disappointed from the get go quite frankly.

We can play as hardcore as we like but simply put this drums nerf was absolutely needed for the longevity of the game and considering how badly they could have messed it up they’ve done a fantastic job of understanding it needing to be made stronger during the later phases.

purely from an objective standpoint this change was actually done very very well because they are futureproofing an item so it’s not completely broken early game and still keeping it relevant in the later phases.

I dont want it to be towards parces, I want it to be the same for all classes and roles, when it comes to choosing a proffesion. Making the “best” proffesion only mandatory for 20% of the people raiding, just makes for a bad experience for those.

Buffing other proffesions to be on par with this, would make it a lot more intersting for all when it comes to choosing what to pick.

Lol.
Maybe for an elemental shaman, but for rogues and feral druids, Primalstrike is absolutely trash.
The set is very, very bad compared to the BOPs that other professions get.

LW is not a good profession for a melee leather class, which is ironic since it should in theory be a great pick.

Okay so look at it like this.

If they buffed every other profession to the level of broken that LW drums were then the already faceroll content would be even more faceroll therefore defeating the point of even raiding in the first place.

I understand the point you’re making but it just simply doesn’t work to keep buffing and buffing and buffing when inreality sometimes a nerf is far more effective to 1 thing than buffing the other 9 or 10 things.

If you wanted a lw nerf, then maybe a nerf to the amount drums gives to the party would make it more in line with other proffesions, and not break the difficulty of the pve content.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that the LW meta was healthy for the game.
My point is just that I as a Feral Druid was looking forward to picking up LW as I would get the drums, as well as the convencience of being able to craft my own BOE clefthoof set early on.
Overall it would fit me as a melee leather user, but that was in large part due to the drums.
Now I’m just gonna drop the 80 points invested in it so far, and just go with Alch or Engi instead.
Superior choices for both tanking and dps early on, and esp. Alchemy can make me some money as well (as LW is not a good money-making profession either).

I don’t mind drums getting nerfed, but I’m not picking up LW again unless they buff some of the usefulness of having that profession.
Atm. the only other benefit for me would be the BOP boots from T5, and they’re not that good to warrant having LW either.