BfA compared to every other Expansion on Metacritic

No not one guy, i have seen tons of these. For games as well. And if something becomes a meme people will be very passive aggresive in their ways of dealing with this. For example imagine blizz would announce a diablo game for mobiles. There would be alot of angry fanboys who would passive aggresive would show their protest by downvoting anything of blizzard and instantly give it the worst rating possible for example for the announcement video saw alot of memes calling up to give it the highest number of downvotes ever. Seen posts as well asking to do the same with all blizz games.

You comparing what i just said with an election is just wrong, and you underestimate passive aggresive angry fanboys. I’m not saying the polls should be rendered invalid. im just saying they need be taken with a pinch of salt

I personally prefer ratings or previews from people who are known to be more neutral, than some random 2000 people who have unknown tastes, and might have a different taste than you in things. They could be angry fanboys or people who generaly already didnt have any major interest in wow

EDIT: i have seen too many irrational people both irl and online who act like total tools get banned and then give bad ratings because of their deserved ban. or people who go screach at others in stores because they feel entitled to stuff normal people normally would not, and then threaten to give negative reviews because they did not get what they wanted.

I have seen too many of those people, and there are more of those if they are anonimous online. So yeah i personally cant take anonimous polls about ratings that serious. When i see such low numbers i generally just assume it should be 2 points higher. because of a small group of passive aggresive people purposely dragging things down by voting a 1

Nah, i don’t think that the GCD is as hint to a console version or mobile of WoW, i say that because Vanilla had basically any spell in the GCD, the only exception was some abilities that make no sense to have in the GCD (like some trinkets) and abilities that was off the GCD because used to modify the next auto-attack like Heroic Strike (you had to wait anyway for the auto-attack to hit the target so it didn’t make any sense having it inside the GCD), still, after 14 years we don’t have a console version of the game.
So for me the GCD is not really an hint for this.

Wouldn’t wow be too big for consoles in file size?

Reviewbombing and people posting exaggeratedly low scores, while true, holds true across the board on the metacritic platform and isn’t reserved to just BfA or WoW, so the score is at least somewhat indicating on the reception of the expansion, considering that it’s not completely driven as protest against something that the publisher/dev did, but rather disappointment on the product itself.

Taking this stuff with a pinch of salt is good n all, you should do that, I don’t personally put much weight on metacritic scores at all, but the low score comes from SOMEWHERE.
With MoP people came to the conclusion that the low score was primarily about the theme, and with BfA it’s because of
 People not liking how the game plays.

the problems whit theese sites is that, you can give points to older content, so legion started to get higher numbers from people who hate BfA, this way older expansions score is artificialy made higher for no grounds at all, and then again having abot 1000 scoring is realy low, what shows must people have no intrest in sites like that at all.

if i would score between 1 to 10, it would something like.

vanilla 7
tbc 6
wrath 8
cata 6
mop 8
wod 7
legion 8
bfa 7

I would not be able to give full points to any becuse all have had problems whit something, and that is probably normal for most of us.

but then again for the moment, I would not bother to look at any kind of scoring sites at all, due to how the world and the people behave now, everything is negative be it a movie, game, or heck a car, there are those who hate it for no apparent reason at all, exept that they maby hate some dude working there or something, heck people even say movies will flop before they are out, same whit games, whit almost nothing to back it up whit. and when one says so, then a lot of people follow, or atleast the most vocal people do so.

actualy it has most likely way more to do whit them not liking Activison, the same trend is going on whit EA for the moment, where games gets bashed before they even are out, and only the negative things are shown on streams and youtube, almost none talks about the good things, and most of the time they say how Activision ruined the game, or how EA ruined the game, what might be partialy true, but at same time, it is the gamers own fault also, due to what they have been demaning over the years.

for example in wow,

people wanted more balanced pvp, what again started to ruin pve.
PVE players screamed they can not catch up anymore, what again ended up in us getting better gear easier, what again made an other group scream game is bad everything to easy, same whit skills people wanted more usefull skills, talent system got revamped, what led to others again screaming I want more buttons, I could could go on an on. Offcourse there has been bad decision made buy the developers also, but they are not alone to blame.

Activision hate stems from people not liking the game(s) and business practices, not the other way around. They want a scapegoat for the decline of a game they once liked.

I also don’t think it’s “our” responsibility or fault that the current devs don’t know what to do with, say, PvP. Community feedback is always a conflicted cacophony of opinions and demands, no matter what game or platform you look at, as long as the community in question is large enough at least.

I did say it is boths fault, the devs do mistakes in developing, we gamers demand things more and more, something is bound to fail at one point. and you can not deny that there is a lot of negativity going on for a lot of things now, like many goes arround angry or dissapointed 24/7

For me the best content in mop was pet battles, and it wasn’t good.

Gamers demanding more and more and being angry/disappointed 24/7 is kind of ambiguous, but I think that has been the case not just with gamers, but with people in general for as long as I can remember.

Not a new phenomenon, it just becomes more visible due to pervasiveness of social media, youtube and stuff like that.

1 Like

pet battles. i never did them once. i feel like same applies for the rest of us. pet battles are the most obsolete thing in wow rn

LMFAO people still take metacrap seriously :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well those scores seems just how I would score them. Draenor would prolly have like 4.9 and I can’t rate Legion since I didn’t play it.

Those scores seems about right.

Also Legion 7.3 is amazing.

of course they re right. thats why this page still exists and is popular and making a lotta $$$

:woman_facepalming::man_facepalming:

You do understand those are user scores not critic scores. That means it’s the players giving that score, not the critics who get blacklisted if they actually do their job.

I do believe user scores to be pretty accurate in most cases.

I know it’s user scores, but i highly doubt some of the user scores is legit correct.

Thats why i find it laughable people take that place seriously for reviews.

It’s an interesting divide.
In my experience the people that played in BC preferred it to Wrath. Not everyone, obviously, but anecdotally it’s on the whole my experience.
To me at least, Wrath marked the beginning of modern WoW and was a very different experience from BC.

1 Like

Well there is not a correct answer for something like this. About 1000 ppl give their reviews of a game and the score is the average from those scores. Some give an expansion 10/10 some 0/10 others anything in between and you get something like 5 or 6 or whatever.

To me those scores do represent the scores I would give them. Some might think BFA is a clear 10/10 product some might think its 0/10 product. The thing is metascore takes the average from them and represents that number, which tells a lot about the product since it’s been reviewed by a lot of ppl.

1 Like

The modern wow is garbage so I wouldn’t use such a masterpiece as a mark to something like that. I’d say Cata was the beginning of the disaster we have on our hands.

1 Like