BfA compared to every other Expansion on Metacritic

BfA 3.1, I think that is a little bit too much imo. Maybe a 2 will be more fair.

1 Like

Id say Cata definitely ran with the ideas started in Wrath.

I look at Cata a lot less critically than I did at the time - the dungeon designs and difficulty (in their original form at least) were much better than the original Wrath ones.

But Wrath just felt different to tbc - it’s hard to describe - but again these things are personal so everyone will have a different opinion.

For me - TBC was a polished Vanilla WoW - it took all the messy edges of the original and made it shine. It was an Xpac in the truest sense of the word. Every one since has just moved further and further away from that original WoW feel for me.

Talent f up does it for me. Cata f’d up talents and classes.

Wrath was very accessible compared to TBC. I loved the 10 man raids and hard modes. In my opinion perfect balance of accessibility which has gotten way out hands now. Wraths TotC patch was the first patch which made the last raid tier completely useless which was a f up, but it’s even worse now so from f up to bigger f up.

The amount of mental gymnastics in this thread is amazing,

well, show me a better site, or go and look at amazon reviews or pretty damn any review site for that matter

Really? So why is Legion at 7.3 and BfA at 3.1?
Did the psychological peculiarity of giving negative opinions develop only recently in the last months?

Blizzard has been “Activision Blizzard” for over 10 years now. What in the hell does this have to do with BfA? And again: why was Legion so much better reviewed?

1 Like

thats true TBC DA BEST yuck the rest

2 Likes

I think the message they are getting from the sub numbers is more relevant to them since it hits their pockets.

That being said, I take metacritic with a colossal pinch of salt but I think in this case its telling the right story.

Gamerankings

Yeah that is why they introduce more and more store mounts so they can get more money out of less ppl.

Classes still have options for extra buttons. And pruning has been going on since MoP. 'Member MoP the best class design eva. Except during MoP

What’s new. We’ve not had a new row since MoP.

We have however had new abilities/talnets to replace other abilities/talents so there are new spells.

That thing we had for ONE expansion and some specs never even had an active ability or the active ability was functionally garbage.

No argument here.

People got over it in WoD. It’s not something that comes up much now either.

We’ve had two.

If you count how many we’ve had over ten years it’s very little. considering.

14 store mounts in total, 2 of them has come in less than 6 months from each other. If we go back in time a full year we would have lost 3 store mounts and 3 promotional mounts. Other 12 mounts in 10 years
 I think we are seeing some kind of acceleration there.

1 Like

1.4 mounts per year.

You’re seeing what you want to see.

its 500-600 users! a huge number that speaks for all the wow community!

Not true I would like to see no store mounts at all.

Like I already said it’s a good average score, ofc some ppl think BFA is 10/10 and some think its 0/10. It’s an averaged score, and to me it seems to be very accurate.

“I know nothing about statistics” - the post.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But what is it you want to establish?

“Guys, I found this review site and it gives BfA a low score, so BfA must be bad!”
“Okay
?”
“I said it’s bad, didn’t you hear?”
“Yeah, you said that. And
?”
“It’s bad! Blizzard are stupid! What is it you don’t get?!”

That’s sort of how this discussion seems to go.

Like, what point are you trying to convey by bringing to attention the fact that the average Metacritic user score for BfA is 3.1? :thinking:

Do you ask in every thread what the point of the discussion is?

Or only if you don’t like the arguments presented in the thread and have no convincing ones of your own?

Just to be clear, I’m not trying to bring WoW down or anything. I’m happily leveling my new Orc Warlock in the Northern Barrens right now. WoW is still pretty much the only game I play longer term.

Sadly I’m not so thrilled about the newer parts of the game.
It all seems like a huge collection of mini-games right now. Not a fantasy world to get immersed in. That’s why I prefer leveling new characters in the old zones and get bored with them once I reach Draenor (if even that).

No.

Here’s how you presented the topic:

So besides the matter of fact that BfA has a low user score on Metacritic, what arguments are you presenting? :thinking:
What is even the point you’re trying to convey, beyond just your feelings about BfA?
Seems like just a ramble with some “herp derp I’m right” thrown in for good measure and a arbitrary fixation on a external site. :roll_eyes:

imagine talking bad about a game you’ve most likely never even touched if you think that XD if you tried TERA you probably wouldn’t even be able to iframe a single boss ability that’s how worlds apart from wow it is in terms of combat and the rotation is much more complex than any of the classes has ever been in wow

I’ve played tera thou, and have a couple friends who played it. It’s slow, and u can literally do ur combo from an activation sequence by pressing one button repeatedly.

yes if you play like a complete ape thinking that you’re doing half decent DPS by smashing space instead of actually using your abilities in the way they’re supposed to be used