⚔ BFA Honor Vendor finally useful

With WoWs Seasonal Resets coming soon, it might be a good idea to use your remaining honor and convert it into gold.

As stated in the post above your honor will be converted into silver on Shadowlands release.

So let’s assume you have 10.000 honor left. These would be converted to 10.000 silver (=100 gold) on Shadowlands release. To increase this gold value however, you can buy items from the BFA honor vendor and sell these.

Item Honor Price Gold Value Increase in value*
Emblem 1680 46,48 277%
Badge 1680 46,83 279%
Bauble 1680 46,3 276%
Insignia 1680 46,65 278%
Ring 1260 36,3 288%
Band 1260 36,43 289%
Spellblade 2100 83,45 397%
War Staff 3675 97,18 264%
Staff 3675 96,08 261%
Reprieve 1050 46,47 443%
Wand 2100 105,43 502%
Silk Hood 2100 42,91 204%
Silk Mantle 1680 43,21 257%
Silk Robe 2100 55,2 263%
Silk Cord 1680 29,37 175%
Silk Leggings 2100 57,78 275%
Silk Treads 1680 41,66 248%
Silk Cuffs 1260 29,26 232%
Silk Gloves 1680 28,85 172%
*: compared to the default honor to silver conversion (1 honor = 1 silver).

So if you buy Corrupted Aspirant’s Wand you actually get 5 times the amount of gold, as you would get when waiting for the automatic conversion on release.

Edit:

I forgot to include other armor and weapon types. The Corrupted Aspirant’s Wand still has the best conversion rate though.

Full List

The vendors are:

Since these items are refundable for 2 hours after purchase you’ll have to equip them once to make them non-refundable before selling (or wait 2 hours).

To purchase the wand on classes that can’t equip wands you’ll have to change the filter in the vendor menu to all (in this case you have to wait the 2 hours to make the item non-refundable).

Macro to buy wands without confirmation window:

/run for i=1,100 do name = select(1,GetMerchantItemInfo(i));if name=="Corrupted Aspirant's Wand" then BuyMerchantItem(i);return;end;i = i+1;end;print("Set filter to show all items");

A similar thing can be done to convert your titan residuum (if you haven’t already):

4 Likes

Useful thanks, but to be honest either way its very little gold. 10k honour is 500 gold with this method which is hardly worth the trip for me.

I got a lot more value out of the TR vendor. Just converting the TR from one +15 weekly is about 900 gold.

It’s worth it if you’ve already farmed the honor passively imo

So you’re telling me I should sell my wand for money?
My parents wouldn’t be too thrilled, but I’m in.

9 Likes

Math makes head hurt. Easier to wait for gold in mail. Zug.

2 Likes

I ran the numbers on all the weapons, even the ones not listed here, and yeah the wand is the best option. You could go for the shield on a shield-using class if you don’t want to wait for the buyback time to run out (shield should be around 475% increase), but on non-shield classes you should just buy the wands.

You’re right I forgot to include other armor and weapon types. As you said the Corrupted Aspirant’s Wand (502%) stays the best option, followed by the Corrupted Aspirant’s Shield Wall (475%) or the Corrupted Aspirant’s Claw (448%) for classes that can’t equip either.

Here’s the full list:

Is there a macro that can be made to quick-buy?

/run for i=1,100 do name = select(1,GetMerchantItemInfo(i));if name=="Corrupted Aspirant's Wand" then BuyMerchantItem(i);return;end;end;print("Set filter to show all items");
2 Likes

jesus Shad, so thats what you re up to when im sleeping. :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah getting rid of the last bit of honor I still had.

2 Likes

I have to check how much honor I’ve gathered on my hunter while just doing ebgs for HK :thinking:

For a moment i thought they fixed the timegating garbage gear you get from casual PvP.

Jebaited hard.

1 Like

Thank you fot the tip. Easy 11k gold.

2 Likes

Holy crappers, this is amazing, very useful :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I’m glad I am seeing this now, I have some time! :slight_smile: thanks for your research and time put into this, it’s much appreciated

edit…

9k gold :slight_smile: and the macro was so so handy :slight_smile:

1 Like

For the average player it will probably be way less (I got around 5k out of it).

But since you can’t really use the honor in another way it’s just gold left on the table.

if you choose option to show all items, you can get any transmog you can wear.

I think you can only unlock the transmog of your main armor type.

So as far as I know a leather user can’t unlock cloth armor transmog. Even if he can buy and wear it.

2 Likes

yes but for example rogue can get magic off-hand transmog and bow

and so on…

But what if only old fat guy would be like to buy it? Still in?