Bfa is ... boring ?

Raiding was so bad this xpansion that I just stopped, after raiding being the reason I played wow for years. My long time raiding guild lost most of its members in uldir with the officers flat out saying it’s not worth the effort recruiting and setting up raids just to raid uldir.

People went from simming and parsing to just not caring.

I think it was a few reasons, no tier sets kills a big part of the reason people raid. M+ offering competitive gear with alot less effort/time, and ofcourse bfa just being awful in nearly every way. Awful lore, awful armor/weapons and uninteresting raids.

3 Likes

I’m still having fun doing bgs and lvling a few alts and gathering mogs and pets

And if you don’t give a damn about raiding, you’re screwed.

I agree with you OP world quests despite slight variations each day get extremely boring and not engaging at all as a player. Same for daily quests which were the previous version of WQ.

When I saw at the panel that besides Covenants we’d get the same old crap WQ/Dungeons/Raids I was dissapointed.

The Tower of the Damned and Maw sound good on paper but I’m not sure the same space will get my attention for extremely long periods (months/years).

I was really longing for active maps with lively events to make the player engage with the world. Similar to GW2 but with more emphasis on if players lose towns/outposts get destroyed and unavailable. Things to make it simply more lively. We have so many maps that are just abandonned deserts, it’s sad.

1 Like

I don’t know if you realize, but…

All of this is your opinion, it isn’t facts.

ITT people who probably die in LFR

Opinion shared by many honestly.
Tell me that BFA is a good expansion and not a cheap Legion version.
Tell me that PvP, classes’ gameplay and the playerbase states are at their best compared to previous expansions ?

The game has deep issues and is in dire need of fixing, there are plenty of good games to spend time for PvE or proper PvP now. WoW needs to step up its game if they want to keep and attract new players.

Honestly?
Again it’s your opinion, but then I’ll give mine:
BfA isn’t perfect, but it is far from bad, I actually (shock yourselves) like it better than Legion. Legion had too much stupid Class mission timegating and I feel BfA is an improvement in there.
PvP sucks, a bit better than Legion, but it’s still bad.
Dungeons are fun to me.
I can’t really speak for raids.
I like allied races. I don’t think grinds are bad, specially when people wet themselves over Classic but can’t stand little grind in BfA, it’s very hypocrite.

That’s about it, I guess.

3 Likes

Legion had no timegating beside the class hall mount and the Suramar reputation. You were even able to farm reputation through dungeons if you ran out of WQs, which is not the case in BfA.

We have a 20+ minutes queue at the moment, it was around half of it in Legion.

And they are horrible for others. Tho it is worthy to notice that several dungeons are a buggy mess, which was not the case in Legion.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind a cookie, sure. Cookies are nice!
I’m just saying that if you start a thread with those words and then just stack negativity upon toxicity… why did you even say it in the first place? You didn’t mean a single word of it. You DO want to hate or be negative.

So there’s that. You can mail me the cookie. :woozy_face:

1 Like

At this rate we’ll be here all day discussing that that’s your opinion and I have mine. Trying to force your opinion into others is all the forums are about these days I see…

Regarding PvP I said it is a bit better with how classes play, not queue times.

Great way of ignoring the second part, where I gave at least a reason why the new dungeons are worse.

1 Like

BoD was fine in my opinion … uh … why it is worst ?

Boss mechanics were terrible. I’m a pug player and I’m usually waiting half of the patch until cross-realm is open (Mythic). Unfortunately BoD was unfriendly for pug’s. I know raids are meant for Guild runs but not everyone has time 3x a week in late evening. I prefer playing during weekends and TEP is ok to PUG app. 5/8M

It’s rather funny that most people that are enjoying retail say they are enjoying leveling alts, i.e what I am doing i.e doing old content/areas not bfa.

1 Like

Retail seems to only attract 2 types now, the hardcore instant runners and the collectors. Expansions may as well be a row of raid dungeon portals + new cosmetics. Why they continue with the WQs, islands, towers, covenants stuff I have no idea, who is this useless fluff content supposed to serve exactly.

4 Likes

Essences not being account wide, even the simple rank 4 cosmetic thats what makes bfa a bit eh, but I like it

It was a absolute disaster yes. So much so I will never go back. You can see my lack of progress/interest.
So if it going to be so bad an experience why would i want to do it again. stupid underwater boss is the crappest idea anyones ever put out

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

The difference is, in Classic you don’t have a WQ grindfest, not saying Classic/Vanilla is better, stopped at level 14, it’s just too slow for me. Most went back for the nostalgia trip and some stayed.

I grinded for many legendary gear in Guild Wars 2, even the PvP one while I hated the game mode. But it was bearable overall because the game had fun activities and things to do. In WoW it’s basically grind your WQ and come back tomorrow. It’s terrible in my eyes.

3 Likes

It took u this long to figure that out? Lol