BFA Killed Switching Between Specs

Hi

I remember back in previous expansions I had fun playing DPS and switching to tank whenever i wanted

but right now since the start of BFA I feel like I’m kind of have to stick with my 1 spec

switching to tanks requires me to have different traits different azerite gear, not only that, i have to go to some NPC and pay gold for changing traits every single time, that puts some pressure and create laziness to play and switch between specs every now and then

no wonder now tanks are almost none-existing in BFA

back in previous expansion all i need to do is switch specs, and im ready to jump in and tank

now BFA killed Spec switching, and almost forced us to play 1 sepc, and 1 character

I hope next expansion not going to be awful like this

19 Likes

I partially agree here, however my main problem is weapons.

If I want to play Prot, I need a one handed weapon and a shield.
But then if I want to play fury, I need to get x2 2handed weapons.

Legion ruined me for weapon drops. I even didn’t mind having to farm extra AP for my extra weapons as I could just as easily press one button to switch spec without the added baggage.

1 Like

What you mean by previous expansions? I think you always needed a whole different set of gear to switch between specs.

And to add you needed to go to a npc to switch talents with increasing cost every time.

3 Likes

Agreed. Cba playing other roles these days.

1 Like

You’re only saying that because you’re a mage.

You don’t know the pain of having an entirely different set for healing, dps, tank and “other dps”. And a PvP set or two on top of those.

If you played any different class, you had to have different sets. Entire sets, not just 3-5 items.

3 Likes

I actually had this issue on my Druid and initially started off as Balance but then went to Feral but also wanted the ability to tank.

Was a bit gruelling but thankfully I don’t push keys or raid so wasn’t to bad in my casual butt case! I can totally understand it from the higher notch player perspective however.

mate thats what we used to tho over the years, we accepted that,

for example:
I main dps fury warrior, but i love tanking in dungeons sometimes, switching talent is easy, once you got your talents set up the first time, you dont need to always change them every time, only sometimes, with talent stone if needed

and since i main fury, nope i dont care about having a whole set of gear, all what needed for me was 1 handed weapon and an off hand, and im set my dude

1 Like

Yeah so switching is extremely easy right?

This expansion is 1 class 1 spec .

Way to many time-gated things . Just look at the ridiculously Rank 3/4 essences . If you think having multiple azerite armors in your bags is bad .

5 Likes

here is a copy paste from my post, you seems to have hard time understanding sorry

“switching to tanks requires me to have different traits different azerite gear, not only that, i have to go to some NPC and pay gold for changing traits every single time, that puts some pressure and create laziness to play and switch between specs every now and then”

1 Like

Essences change as easily as talents, how exactly do they hinder you from switching?

Only way to do it is to split focus and gear up say your dps, then change loot specs to tank and pick up some gear for other spec. Then get some decent azerite armor and extra 3 pieces.

Now you can switch back and forth with no cost and less hassle.

That’s the way I do it anyway but I got lucky as I mained tank anyway in 8.1 and got loads of old raid stuff that is still really strong for tanks in mythic plus. So really it was farming an extra set of azerite armor so I don’t have to reforge all the time.

I agree though it’s bloody stupid system and design and if they made it easier to switch specs on the fly you would see ten times more groups up, 10 times more healers and tanks and would be way faster getting groups and content done…

But that would make too much sense.

3 Likes

I believe they are talking about the requirements of obtaining the essences on alts.

Earlier, just like now, you needed different gear pieces including trinkets etc to play different specs. You don’t need to rearrange azerite if you got different azerite pieces for each spec. Just like in the old days with set pieces. In legion you got the weapon for free like you get necklace now.

Legion did that before.

Oh right, and every expansion before they added this of spec friendly system.

Nothing New then ?

(To be fair it’s nowhere as Bad as legion but i guess that what is dead may never die)

1 Like

yes you right, but having all that, BFA added more on top of that, thats what killed it imo my dude

yes they are making harder and harder since legion

even tho i consider legion was ok compared what we have now in BFA

1 Like

I don’t really know what they added tbh.

Because the inability to obtain more than 4 legendaries (most of which will be obtained on your main spec) and months of artifact farming aren’t worse than a few weeks long of essence farming and replace ~5 items ? Come on…

7.3.5 isn’t what legion as a whole used to be you know

3 Likes

since the introduction of multispec changing for free, most classes could cover any role needed at a low level as long as they had the right weapons. ok, you would be far below the quality of a designated tank, but you could fufil the role to help your group
in legion though (at least at the start) off specs were punished because a weapon with no ap in it was SIGNIFICANTLY weaker.
the same is in BfA, though to a different degree. some of the azerite abilities are just too powerful to not have.

cant blizzard just make different specs need the same stat order and make any new mechanics like artifact weapons or HoA work in a class bound way.

yet again, they are just trying to actively make the game take longer or passively not bothering to implement a “simple” fix that many people have been shouting out about for ages.

6 Likes

you need relics thought, and some traits where aboslutlty huge aswell.
but legion gave relics as wq’s rewards lot more often then bfa does weapons which is basicly only ever from emisary.