Black Lotus and Aranite Crystal prices

None of these items are supposed to be that rare, vanilla had 100 proper guilds to clear all raids, equal to a single server, yet they were probably spread out over far more servers, all with a much lower population.

First of all, if your only concern is to “log” and you’re concerned about competition over resources etc
 why would you play on a competitive, crowded server? You can’t have your cake and eat it.

Second, even if the server was “Vanilla size” - i.e. no more than around 3000 players online concurrently - if everybody on that server was as competitive as you (or hell, even if 50% of it was) then you would still run into a shortage of Black Lotus. Because the devs, guess what, didn’t create this resource assuming that each MC raid would see 40 flasks used.

If you want a WoW game where you can use all your consumables with abandon and log as much as you want, Classic is not the game for you - look for TBC, WotLK, or any other of those expansions. Stop asking Classic to be something it was not made to be.

1 Like

Because there were like 10 servers to choose from?

The developers clearly had no idea what they were doing during most of the development process, their design philosophy was just casual EQ.

TBC is way worse than Classic in terms of consumes farming.

Classic is already far from what Vanilla was. You can see the progression of WoW what it was supposed to be, hint it’s BFA.

2 Likes

-in the first 2weeks of classic 1g was sell-able for 10$ in the black markets and people bought gold for 40%mount
-in the first 2month 100g was sold for 25$ so people bought more gold for 100%mount
-right now 100g = 6$ and more people buy gold

So basically the goldseller that live by wow are increasing gold in the market by raw gold farm or vendoring items for gold and then the Gold value get cheaper so items get higher value in price, people who buy gold will not have a problem cus they can still buy more gold for less $$ but normal player that doesn’t buy gold will find item sell for insane prices

back in vanilla most servers didn’t have this insane amount of gold farmers or sellers, and buying gold was not that easy as it is right now, P.S i remember buying T1 bracer for 25g and belt for 150g in 2005, Now u can see bracer is 400g and belt is 1200 and even with bWL patch, prices will not get that lower due the economic inflation

Most servers were open within the first couple weeks, and it was obvious which the more competitive ones would’ve been. And besides, transfers were offered back then, and are still offered now.

You’re suffering by your own choice.

That’s just how Vanilla was, warts and all.

For a hunter, maybe, because you actually have to farm a flask. But if you look at the bigger picture:

• Flasks in TBC require 10 herbs instead of 40, and Fel Lotus is much, much more common than Black Lotus
  • Flasks replace ALL elixirs, so no need to also use stuff like Elixir of Greater Firepower or Greater Arcane Elixir
  • Food lasts for 30 mins instead of 10-15 and, at least in tanks’ case, much easier to procure. Food buff also is no longer stackable with rum.
  • Many of the craziest Vanilla consumables such as Blasted Lands buffs are no longer used

Literally the only “new” consumable introduced is drums, but the overall amount of time required to farm all the other consumables is incomparably lower than Classic. You have absolutely no idea of what you’re talking about.

You’re the cause of your own predictament. I can tell you confidently that my own Classic experience is far closer to my original Vanilla experience than yours will ever be.

luckily for me i didnt play vanilla, i did however play private servers which are more similar to what classic is today, though they offered a lot of qol and gameplay improvements

That’s one of the reason why I’m glad Classic exists again on official servers tbh. If you want your QoL then go back to those pservers you came from.

Or better yet, go play Retail or some other game made for your kind of competitive mindset, instead of beating Vanilla’s proverbial dead horse and feeling lewd about it - except for whining about how time-consuming said beating is.

Believe it or not, but somebody actually enjoys the Classic experience for what it was supposed to be - i.e. where getting wbuffs is hard and unconvenient and you can’t just pop them again after a wipe, or where you can’t easily afford to flask every raid. It actually makes the bosses etc. more interesting.

im raid logging classic and playing retail since there is no content for classic other than ranking for better pve gear, play wsg or raid.

most people are not roleplayers like u and do not want the experience the avg 30+ year old plays this game for.

You’re walking a thin line, which you seem to be falling off from quite frequently.

pikachu face

The problem is that you’re presuming to be speaking for the majority. That the majority thinks like you do.
When in reality, that only works for the most general of assumptions. Like almost everyone eats a piece of meal each day in the world in the wealthiest countries.

Not everyone turns on a television every day in the wealthiest countries however, yet your line of argumentation is like saying everyone does because you do. (I’m not saying that’s literally what you’ve said, it’s just to illustrate an example.)

But you do seem like you’d be more comfortable in retail than in classic. Classic as a game is not designed for the way you seem to want to play it. Retail however is very much a game designed for the way you seem to want to play.

1 Like

You thought you did but you didn’t, then. We knew from the beginning that Classic wasn’t meant to be from everyone. It won’t be changed just to suit retail players.

On overpopulated servers good luck finding black lotus, or even rich thorium node. On dead/low pop server good luck finding someone who have the recipees.

They do think as I said, all the statistics of gaming point towards that, the development of world of warcraft for the past 14 years say the same.

Generalizations are perfectly acceptable as minorities are to be overlooked, and as for your example nations from different regions of the world should be completely ignored when they are not relevant to the subject matter.

I do prefer a lot of things about classic but retail is basically unplayable with these essences and corruption gear.

Mouseover the top dude here:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cmWLJXqrbPBgQRxC#fight=2&type=damage-done
36.42% of his damage (almost equal to the destro lock’s whole DPS) is from a single gear piece proc.

Classic is not designed for either hardcore players nor social players, xrealm bgs and same faction competition ranking are great examples.

I have around 500 days /played across 6 of my level 60s on 1.12 private servers (basically non xrealm, non batched blizz classic) since 2016. I think I have good experience to tell you that classic is objectively bad and descisions like x realm bgs, keeping the old ranking system and so on make this game far worse than it has to be. Now I don’t think games (which are supposed to be competitive in nature, that is how humans work) are for someone like you that plays a pve mage (lol??? why not roll warrior, the only proper pve class) on a rp realm knows this, im guessing u play rp realm to get your human contact or you are some weird 30+ manchild.

Putting aside your insults, having 500 (or 1000 or whatever) days played on private servers doesn’t entitle you to anything. If anything, I’d say the fact you hadn’t even touched this game before 2016 makes you less entitled to give an opinion than somebody who has played this game since 2006, but I digress.

Classic is not meant to be “improved”. It’s just meant to be as close of a rendition of the game as it was in 1.12 as it can be. Stuff like “the old ranking system” are just how the game is. If you don’t like them, feel free to wait for TBC - it fixed a lot of the stuff you complain about. I for one will jump to TBC as soon as it releases.

Yet you feel entitled for it to be this way as you are a roleplayer and don’t care about the health of the game outside of your RP group.

TBC Does not fix anything, it’s possibly the worst expansion in terms of all metrics.

I dont understand this argument. Like sure, log in MC; what else are you going to focus on?

When Reth said it was what RPGs is about though, i’m not sure. It’s about development sure but progressive and adventurous are the main elements of it.

I still dont understand the argument though, it’s of course voluntary

There’s so much wrong in this quoted part that it’s hard to find a place to begin while facepalming endlessly. :man_facepalming:

Ok, to start with:

1. The point, which you failed to grasp, is that you can only go by the most shallow common traits to generalize the way you do. For example, we all need to eat, and most people do successfully get a bite to eat each day. But people don’t need to watch TV, so not everyone does it. It is however a popular pastime.

2. You’ve got no statistics to base it on. The development of the game is you merely mistaking a correlation to be the causation. The history of the development of the game actually shows major paradigm shifts in design philosophies over the years.

3. You’re beyond ignorant if you think socioeconomical circumstances doesn’t affect patterns of the masses.

I don’t feel entitled to anything. There’re a lot of things I don’t like in Classic. But I’m not here screaming for them to be changed because I understand that Classic is not just about me, and that Classic is a legacy project not a progressive game undergoing rebalances and fixes.

You’re the only entitled one here.

Then this isnt the right game for them is it?

Common traits are basically a requirement for a generalization to be correct.

No I don’t have statistics of peoples opinions, no one does, but going by the popularity of games and human instincts it’s clear that people play games for competition, people don’t run a race for everyone to be a winner.

Economics are not part of the subject matter, but the only factor is that WoW is pay to win to a degree. However your point you tried to bring up with economics makes no sense as they are no factors of the factor of competition in the game.

There’s lots of games and lots of voluntary competitions to take part of in those games. Hardly anyone who playing a dating sim is competing with other players:p