Black Lotus and Aranite Crystal prices

are they too high because we have vanilla spawn rates vs classic player base? So supply and demand are not as intended to be, which generates high prices. In classic i could afford to buy few flask a week, it is not possible with current prices.

1 Like

Well. Mined over 200 rich thorium veins. Guess how many arcanite crystals i got ? A big fat 0… Plus classic means struggling. Classic experience is not about costumer happiness or gaming quailty. Why do u think they made a lot of changes in game …?

1 Like

You’re forgetting about economic inflation.
More players also equals a quicker economic inflation, which layers sped up even further.
So it’s not just the demand and supply, it’s also that parts of the demand got deeper pockets thanks to the quicker inflation which also drives up prices.

1 Like

nobody flasked back then

higher playerbase same spawn doesnt count really because nowadays people grind DME for 10h/day for crystals

Huge Inflation because of so many player + minmaxed goldfarms like ZF GY put lot of gold into the system

Im pretty sure if you compare % difference between a Arcane Crystal and lets say a stack of Dreamfoil or Thorium nowadays it wont be much different than back then.

1 Like

I never flasked regularly so I don’t remember the lotus prices but arcane crystals are the same as they were on Kazzak EU, around 40g per crystal.

I wish they were, 70g more like it

i made a few thousand gold by farming/selling flasks in vanilla and flasked myself as tank when progressing into new content.

Prices on Earthshaker (A) are so crazy :smiley: Lotus Prices increased within a few weeks from 70g up to 120g right now.

I left ashbringer for stonespine due to finding my old vanilla guild. Ashbringer was much more populated because stoneapine seems to not have an alliance side hah…
That might affect the prices :smile:

They made a lot of changes as gaming as whole has changed since then, which can clearly be seen with the attitudes. There were like 100 guilds that raided back in 2006, now u got that on a single server (Not being able to kill C’thun or Kel’Thuzad would be bad even for a pug in 2020). A lot of classes need a flask to do competitive DPS or to survive RNG thrash, the game is not enjoyable for them without a flask, a lot of these issues stem from the lack of proper mechanics, world buffs and blasted lands consumables.

People didn’t need to flask for MC (or BWL for that matter, except maybe the tanks) back then, and they don’t need to now. If you feel forced to do so (or your guild forces you to because they only give loot to ppl who do), then blame yourself (or find a better guild).

Right now, I already got 34 Black Lotuses and still stockpiling for more. Yes, prices have increased and will increase even more, but that’s why I’m saving now so I’ll have them for later when I wouldn’t be able to afford them anymore.

I don’t understand the issue, if things are more expensive then everything you produce is more expensive aswell. It’s just higher numbers.

Bullcrap. The overworld mines are constantly camped too.

Horde side too

i farmed around 100 Arcanite , 3% is just so random .

i had 3 nights of farming with 0 -1 , and then 1 night with 11 YES 11 in 8 hours…

It almost sounds like you’re mad about it:p

Playing a hunter you don’t need to. Playing any caster and wanting to log you basically have to, playing a melee and don’t want to risk your world buffs you have to. Consumables are used differently in 2020 as opposed to 2006, even on retail it’s a lot better.

You don’t need to “log” every raid - at least not in full blown consumables mode. If you do, either find a guild where you don’t or accept the consequences of your own urge to “log”. The game doesn’t have to adapt to your habits.

Heck, I’ve not used a single flask yet, and I fail to see how this impacted my game negatively in any way. Flasks are not items you should waste in Vanilla.

Isn’t logging and improving a core element of RPGs? Why do we have gear at all then?

Games are more competitive now than ever, it’s the main reason a lot of people play games. This game is far more competitive than social for most people nowadays.

Might be the difference between PvP realms and Pve/=RP

Gear is a thing, consumables is another.

Flasks in Vanilla are not something you’re supposed to burn on every fight. They’re kinda like Megalixirs in older Final Fantasy and similar “precious” items - you save them for when you really need them. If you burn them on a random boss and then don’t have them when you need it, you should blame yourself, not the game.