Black Lotus and WSG Adjustments Incoming

Seems to be working … Happy hunting boys!

I hope they didn’t increase the respawn rate by x4 just because we are x4 more on the server.

Else it’ll just have nearly the same respawn rate as regular herbs which isn’t “normal”.

For all i care they might aswell just add black lotus to a vendor for 10 gold

3 Likes

see guys it’s almost like the game becomes more enjoyable when you fix and change(in moderation) actual issues while still keeping the core gameplay the same.

3 Likes

That’s it? No counterpoint?

I found 2 lotus within the last 70 minutes on the old spawnpoints. Nothing changed for me yet

They will still be viable to farm for bots so that wont stop.

Did you read the post? They literally state population as a reason for increasing the spawn rate.

1 Like

I did, it doesn’t mean they increased the respawn rate so much.

Because it would be so stupid lol, at some point the Black lotus will spawn faster than the normal herbs making a flask cheaper than 5 mana potions.

Few months after the release : lotus prices were fine, we were still 15k, lotus spawn rate wasn’t nerfed.

The control of the spawn locations was the issue, not the amount of Black lotus. Because it is supposed to be a rare ressource not something every guilds can get to raid every weeks

Well, they could have chosen to make the capacity 3k instead, but at this point I’m not sure anybody really cares whether Classic is like Vanilla or not. That boat seems to have sailed by now.

I agree it would be weird if they only increase Balck Lotus spawn rates and not other resources. It’s not like the playerbase magically stops gathering the Plaguebloom/Dreamfoil/Silversage. Or non-herb stuff. Or stop mass camping Silithus mobs.

1 Like

There is no need to increase the others ressources spawn rate & it wasn’t necessary to do so with the Black lotus… As i said price where fine before the lotus mafia/campers/bot, this was the cause, not the amount of Black lotus per day.

Prices are cheap and no one who is really trying struggle with gathering dreamfoil/icecap/silversage etc…

1 Like

i was one of the lucky ones getting 5 Black Lotus during the pandemic lockdown. i planned on selling them around aq because i thought they would go up from 220g to maybe 350g per pop. Luckily i am not loosing that much of gold. since i didnt buy any, i just picked them all.

sucks for those that invested gold and speculated heavily.

overall i welcome this change

edit: what would be nice to know is if it is dynamic spawn rate based on server population or is it still a fixed spawn rate. since i just found one 20min after logging in on a new spawn position i dont know if i should sell now or the market will regulate and go up in price again

edit2: at least it shows us that they still care about classic and dont neglect it to 100%. though i still think they purposely neglect classic to a certain degree to drive people away from it so they can say “see, we told you, you think you want but you dont, so come back to retail to the promised land” just so they can say that they were right from the beginning and retail is the superior game

retail and superior game in one sentence… now i saw everything

2 Likes

thats not what i think, but i think that is what the consensus at blizz is

1 Like

Wrong wrong wrong.

The amount of Black Lotus most definitely was the issue. Why is it so hard to understand this? This game’s spawn rates and stuff were based on servers with MAX 3k capacity. Servers are 3 to 4 times bigger now. By this fact alone the amount of black lotus is a big issue.

Just because lotus prices were ‘‘fine’’ when we were raiding MC doesn’t mean it wasn’t a problem. Maybe you were just too slow to catch on.

Edit: fwiw, the other herbs such a plaguebloom and silversage are also beyond screwed and bigger servers. Stacks of plaguebloom reaching 50g on raid days. Yes they could/should fix that too.

3 Likes

Wrong. Buying low and selling high is not market manipulation. Hoarding farmed items for when prices go up isn’t market manipulation either.

Wrong again. But this time twice in once sentence. First, it’s not that likely that lotus will be more common. If they spawn more often but in obscure places, chances are they will be up much longer. Also, the number of serious farmers might go down meaning a zone will not be so well covered by people who know the business leaving flowers to be found by random questers after 30 minutes or more.

In addition, monopolies don’t keep the prices high. Lack of supply does. Monopolies often put large amounts of their farmed goods up for sale especially those who are selling gold for RL cash. What we will see happening is that lot’s of random herbalists will find lotus and bank it for their own special occasion. There will be more hoarding than before and less supply than before.

The funniest thing about people saying ‘private servers’ is that most of them actually DID increase BL Spawns too, hahahahha

3 Likes

Sucks for me and the hundreds of hours I spent running laps in zone competing against cheaters. I have saved most of what I farmed and my potential 20k nest egg is looking more like 10k now.

The last 2 sentences you wrote explain the idea behind Black Lotus and flasks… save them.for.your special ocassion… not farm them so you can sell them each for 300g so ppl can use them.in their weekly MC… when designed, the game was not intended to work that way