Blizz was 100% right to give Alliance more Honor

Before you think this is me offending one side , i am not just read and understand:

I play Horde Main for so long , i moved one toon to Alliance to farm the mounts i am missing on Alliance side , i really love the concept of having 2 factions doing 2 different things when it comes to leveling and activities .

Then i noticed , there is a big problem when it comes to Alliance players , i am not sure when did that happen but way back this was not present:

People just don’t care ! , they don’t care about others or in helping people and this made me think was +20% more Honor a solution ?

Today in Mechagon i got camped and killed by a Guardian druid who was alone , i asked for help , no one answered , everyone was looking for chats and asking for timers , then few were making fun of me for stating a simple fact :

How can 1 Horde character go inside Rustbolt base and kill people one after another while people just passed by and not stopping to try and kill him? . Whats more insulting is that he was planting Horde Banner over dead bodies and people were NOT afk , they just fly up over Mechagon not to get killed.

I am not saying Alliance are bad in PVP , i am saying Alliance will not even bother unless there is “something” in it for them . I will not be surprised if Blizz give Alli side +50 more Honor , and i know this will still not help Alliance cause Alliance don’t wanna help them self !

I see Horde not helping each other too, why say it’s an Alliance issue.

5 Likes

yeah pretty much this, i see this on both sides. just brush it off and move along.

1 Like

Its a mixed bag and both teams get a handful of this mixed bag sadly. Its like how for instance the other day i faced the same 5 man pre-made in bgs about 5 times back to back while in place of a sweaty five man I got two warriors with 170k hp, in the next bg five rogues, in the next one a prot pala with the same two warriors. And you can safely say the alliance got curbed for 4/5 of the battlegrounds I had played that night.

but you cant just narrow it down to alliance cause I know there is horde players who are uber undergeared and there are alliance who play as a full party just like some people on horde side do, is it fun? no obviously but it happens despite killing the dynamic match making in the process.

This happens on both sides. For instance, last week i was on my druid, whos a nelf and i was killing horde freely in mechagon and no horde helped them and theres tons of other accounts where horde have done nothing or run off. Ive been fighting horde and ally have done the same when horde got help. It happens on both sides just as often

Alliance is dead they should do more to encourage people to play alliance instead of making everyone play horde

I agree with you…its a community issue not a faction one.

3 Likes

I used to try to help people in warmode. Most of the time it just ended with the person being attacked running away leaving me in a 1v2-3 situation. After a while I just didn’t care anymore. Guess I’m fine with that.

2 Likes

Nothing but respect for this daring soldier of the Horde. Semper fi

Many people do not care about warmode/wpvp, because it simply makes no sense to seriously pursue that. Unbalanced gameplay is fine for me.(in a rpg system anyways), but what really pisses people off is the way how modern wow handles wpvp.

Its the concept of sharding - it might be necessary, but it has way too many flaws to really enjoy wpvp.

Want a really good example that repeats itself in any given patch cycle?

At the the release of BFA, back in 8.0. Horde had many raids to farm alliance for acms, there were no real rewards otherwise and all ally fp got camped 24/7.

So far so good, but everytime some alliance grouped up and formed a “revenge” raid to pay horde back, they were put into another shard, making all the horde raids disappear from the zone.

Yesterday a faction assault happened and a horde raid farmed some alliance players again and one druid was very vocal about it, that nobody helps him to defeat that horde raid. I argued with him there is no really a point doing so with the mechanis involved.(that apparantly are not so transparent to non-veteran players)

I bet with flying and sharding most people do not care about that anymore - but i just stated the real reasion above, even if the competetive spirit to help each other out against gankers, it will not help in blizzards world of shard tech, where people can simply “vanish”, escaping certain death and cheat their way out without consequences.

And thats the bottom line:

If you care extremely about wpvp, you play classic not retail wow. It might be horrible unbalanced to 1 faction, but sharding makes massive wpvp impossible to enjoy at all no matter which faction or rp pool you play. Like i heard rp alliance realms enjoy superiority in numbers and get all the bonus benefits of beeing alliance - but do they find any horde to kill and gank? I don’t think so. And what will happen if you find a horde player there, i bet he just “vanishes” into another zone, business as usual.

When on my horde characters and its not exactly wednesday with swarms of alliance doing their 25kill weekly - the zones are very empty and its super hard to find any kills…especially zandalar is very hard to find any kills as horde.

No matter what, but it all boils down to sharding tech and you must ask yourself, if its more fun to be hopelessly outnumbered or in a dead shard?

Together with easy mythic+ gear and no pvp vendors i wonder if blizz’s strategy here is just to make pvp an unwanted stepson in wow, there were always many complains that wow is more favored to PvE, but ironically, BfA and its warmode + pve gear ist he final nail in the coffin.

in any case, the sharding tech could be improved in wpvp…like if you are in pvp combat that you cannot switch your shard at will for a couple of minutes at least - that would be a first solution.

They hate wpvp on pvp realms in the classic forum :slight_smile:

Happens on both sides. I was on Horde today and the Nazjatar pvp event started. There were only a few Alliance players there and about 40 Horde players, only me and another Horde were trying to do the event. So an easy win for the Alliance. I think most of them have warmode on for the bonus and avoid pvp whenever they can.

Well, I must admit horde help more and seem like more “team” players than alliance. I understand other statements come from their experience but mine seems to be just different. I believe in general this is a non-faction issue and would probably say the same but my experience is simply different. To experience it has happened more often on alliance side rather than horde side and I was left alone on many more occasions.

I get what you all are saying. And it really plays both sides. I quit this game only to find myself returning last week for the World-breaker mount. 2 weeks into the game farming rep to hopefully fly before my gametime runs out and guess what? Horde infested. There was a war thing in Nazjatar where you cap flags, horde owned that map, bounties everywhere. Mecha place, horde bounties everywhere. Personal conclusion: 70% - 80% play horde and 30% to 20% alliance in war mode. Blizzard just need to create a phase solution or something. There’s ALWAYS horde EVERYWHERE. Against overwhelming odds is also not rewarding enough.

Every expansion I play horde and ally and it varies which is my main. This expansion I’ve played ally right through and not played horde till about 2 weeks ago as I didn’t want to contribute to extra horde numbers especially seems as I gank a lot. When i levelled my lock to 120 just to see what it’s like from the horde side, but my mains are still ally.

This is my conclusion, in war mode ally is actually better, newhome is constantly getting battered and horde aren’t interested in fighting ally back even when they do they get pushed back again then give up and newhome gets over run. Horde are less willing to help out in pvp and it’s harder to find groups for pvp they is also less listed on group finder compared to ally. Battle for naz is also a lot easier to get into a winning group on ally believe it or not as horde side they tends to be 2 winning groups made and that’s about it where as on ally there’s more

Sometimes on ally it feels as though you’re outnumbered but there’s a lot more wpvpers on ally and they make up for the numbers as horde just concentrate on the pve and it’s all they seem interested in. Personally I prefer playing ally and making and joining the wpvp groups attacking newhome or going on a ganking spree to get bounty

1 Like

They went to classic for wpvp for the classic experience realised they hated it now quit and gone crying there mommy’s PepeHands just the way it goes man

The WPvP community died back in WoD that was the last time there was any real WPvP including guild rivalry on a hatred level was fun and actually made WPvP fun but with the introduction of warmode this was ruined.

Bring back PvP realms so I can have some healthy WPvP not a bunch of nobodies… Now the best WPvP in BFA is on RP realms whether you wanna believe it or not the rest is just ResidentSleeper zerg fests.

1 Like

Easier for Alliance anyway.

???

Please try to hold your mouth when you haven’t done WPvP apart from going round zerging with LFG.

???

You saying rp wm is a challenge for Alliance?

I’m saying that I have been on both horde & alliance on RP realms and both have there troubles plenty of fights being on horde is much more fun for me.

But being on Alliance doesn’t mean it’s easy for WPvP it means it’s omega borirng becuase it’s hard to find fights but thankfully to the new RP-PvP guilds they have made that much better for me and have been enjoying my fights on the daily vs them now go back to your zerg.