Blizzard Address Shadow Priest In the near future

Does that mean you should tell people not to play it? Even if it’s better than what they were playing before?

Have you actually crafted or played with Shadowflame prism btw? Or watched good players using it across this week?

here’s a legendary that requires you to use a spell that kills you and you to hit 15 targets same time yeah right call this a fix :slight_smile: i call this a sloppy joe 2nd sip

it doesnt kill you lol.

If ur killing urself off with Shadow word Death continously that sounds like a you problem and not a class problem in all honesty i dont see any of the top players wit hthis legendary actively murdering themselves continously with it.

damaging u and killing u arent the same thing.

the damage it does in high keys kills you.

Just wanna add most of the value of this legendary comes from openers with multiple mind blasts and damage during voidform, not the interaction with shadow word: death. Obviously on explosive weeks with constant SWD resets or death sniping mobs late into a pack will make it stronger, but it’s not even close to why the legendary is good.

It also makes SWD a dps increase on targets above 20%, but if SWD is cast on a target above 20% it barely does any damage itself and does almost nothing back to you too.

Really :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

so if i go watch the number 2 World Shadow priest on RIO on his Twitch channel imma see him generate tens of deaths from Shadow word Death every pull?

Shadow word Death for my priest (is low ilevel) is doing like 4.5k Damage. i have 28k hp with access to a Precast of 2345 Absorb shield each pull… amazingly enough i dont think its gonna kill me unless i do som,ething ridiculous.

I’d like to ask again have you actually crafted this legendary btw? Since you seem so fervently against it, I assume you have some terrible personal experiences with it or have done an extensive amount of personal testing.

i thought its likely the case as OP seems to like not including the fact mind blast triggers this effect also xD… im just amazed shes so convinced that Shadow priests are suicidng continously with this legendary for damage

Well if you wanna be this downwards to me then open your eyes Ellpsís still uses talbadars and changed to Night fae because blizzard states so. You can laugh at me for pointing out the obvious, blizzard still hasn’t addressed shadow aoe

My prism is 225 and I have no good legs to wear instead if I swap. I’d assume there are a great deal of people in a very similar situation.

No, they haven’t fixed shadows baseline problems and I am equally mad about that. But I’m not going to flat out ignore what they have done and the impact it does have because it’s not what I wanted.

Still back to route 1.0

Are you going to play shadowflame prism then? While it doesn’t solve the baseline problem of shadow’s aoe, it does make the situation better for you and anyone else who chooses to do so.

The “killing yourself in dungeons” comments you keep making about it feels like nothing more than a strawman you’ve created to justify your anger towards something that is actually really good.

i see no reason to make healers go oom with self damage and playing because you need to be night fae for it to work with reduced void form in aoe phases with mind blast spam which is more a force play not a fix. I will wait and see in 9.1 if blizzard fix us for real. Its not a good legendary for anyone besides night fae force play.

It’s the best mythic plus legendary for every covenant.

only night fae because void form mind blast lines up with the 1min cds.

Not sure if you are trolling now because nobody can be that resistant to fact input.

Definitely worth it even in some raid fights which i tried. The damage output improved and the playstyle i a plus for me.

My total damage ouput went from 5.2k with Talbadars down to 4.5k when using that legendary

You’re also playing ancient madness though for some reason.

In fact you’ve been running misery, mindbender, and ancient madness with talbadars for almost every fight for over a month.