Blizzard Address Shadow Priest In the near future

Equally bad job done by blizzard also not fixed all the lvl 30 row talents are so good but blizzard makes them so bad

that’s the 1% i agree of what blizzard has done to shadow is good rest is just utter garbage sloppy joe fixes that addressed nothing to people

2 Likes

Well the answer is yes and no.

The Change did help. but it didnt fix the core problem people were complaining about. This change would likely be seen More positively if the baseline issues didnt exist ofcourse.

borrowed power buffs tend tobe less interesting or permanant no ones gonna be that happy with borrowed power buffs

the change is positive. its just not the change asked for. whichj will cause

Like if u asked for a lambo and they bought u a equally priced Ferrarai u got a expensive car like u wanted… but ur there like wtf Why not just buy the one i asked for :stuck_out_tongue:

the change was a black hole. nothing of impacts now we gotta wait 40 sec each 3rd or 4th void form to time with mind bender :stuck_out_tongue:

i dunno… Death and madness can create a burst synergy with it if u can time it right realistically.

it has a Impact. it just hasnt impacted the part of the kit ur after.

all legendry’s are complete garbage for shadow if you ask me.

tbh Its roughly where most other classes are. about a 10% Increase in Damage.

the issue is, in SL Instead of listening to the playerbase and seperating the power from the aesthetical choice, they squashed everything into the floor til it was ALOT Less relevant.

that and it feels like most of them could have been a Talent/baseline ability ment for Shadow that they last second didnt add in.

For example

Talbadars is basically Pyschic Link with a higher requirement 10% higher Damage and a ST benefit.

Eternal Call is a Passive from Naifu.

Twins is just a coping mechanism for the Spam floods we get demanding PI

and Shadowflame feels like its susposed to bne apart of our Baseline AoE :stuck_out_tongue:

Cauterizing shadows feels like it belongs back in MoP when theyt tried to give us that off healing DPS Role.

but thats the thing, we got a sudden unplanned rework effectively :stuck_out_tongue: so i guess it was always gonna be tempermental for season 1 atleast.

Talbadar’s is shadow’s firelands 4set bonus, and its current mastery.

Didnt play firelands so didnt know that was a Set bonus back then :smiley: dont think i came into Catacylsm til Dragon soul… got quite burnt out after vanilla → End of WoTLK.

Thats shadows aoe in a nutshell

Ehz the numbers I was doing yesterday seemed fine 🤷 my shadow was performing fine compared to other players of its ilevel.

well my shadow don’t do 60k uncapped aoe as broken mage fire with power word infusion or 176k as DH tank or 5.1k total damage as holy paladin

18 Likes

Stop comparing it to one DPS specc

Fire needs nerfing this is aknowledged by the vast majority of the playerbase. We are aware.

The fact you have to compare it to the most brokenly overpowered specc in the game to make it look bad states it enough

Who the hell is liking these comments?

Like let’s be clear, outside of MDI pull the entire dungeon and kill it in a combust rotation, nobody is doing that much damage.

1 Like

Flaud :slight_smile: you should always strive to be the very best when it comes to dps

they still suck in m+

Blizzards fix on Shadow aoe

22 Likes

Are you asking your guild to like your posts on alts or something? What is going on…

Honestly, I’m curious what you’d even consider a fix at this point. It’s clear with your constant comparisons to fire mage that making part of SN baseline wouldn’t even be enough, because you seem to be under some misguided assumption that shadow doesn’t do damage in Mythic+, when the reality is fire just does significantly more than everyone else and shadow’s damage in situations outside the MDI, especially with the new SFP legendary, is actually very strong.

here’s hoping shadow gets buffed in 9.1 at lest.

1 Like

Ok.

Write me your ideal 9.1 patch notes. Let me at least get some idea of how far behind you think Shadow is and in what areas, and what you actually want for the spec.

If it’s only buff for SP :

• Searing Nightmare is now baseline
  • Searing Nightmare doesn’t apply SW:P anymore
  • Searing Nightmare damage buff by X%
  • Searing Nightmare talent replaced by a buff to Searing Nightmare : “Now applies VT on targets, if VT already applied proc apparitions”
    (this talent row is Execute dmg vs QoL vs MM+ specific anyway so it should stay something to empower aoe capability)

if you go one the balance way :

• Now every aoe spell in the game is capped to 6 targets
  • Handkerchiefs are now free for fire mages and balance druids so they can cry as much as they want
1 Like