Blizzard Address Shadow Priest In the near future

This spec can not work in its current state. I knew from the very beggining that it will be bad in m+ again. Itterations between spells are so stupid. You want to keep dots, to get spirits and to use burst cd, but if your tank pull on the run you either lose damage cause no dots, or lose voidform time to put dots. Bfa spriest was much better than current one.

3 Likes

shadowlands as a whole is unbalance at its finest shadow does 0 damage in massive aoe fights whilst a tank Dh can do 147k and fire mage 60k. Blizzard did nothing in 9.0.5 do fix shadows complete lacking in aoe instead they buffed a pointless legendary. They should remove Power word infusion and buff shadow or rework them. holy priest is equally mistreated. Priest feels less priest each expack they push out.

Auto Decline train because all we take is fire mage.

They should remove Power word infusion from the game and make in a passive to spells instead for the priest and buff mind sear back up to do damage like frost mage blizzard without the dots it should deal more damage on 20 adds mind sear unaffected by pain should deal more damage the more targets it hits instead of this sloppy cap. Then they should remove the lvl 30 row and bring back halo cascade divine star in those rows and bring back twist of fate as a passive on all priest specs in general.

The end it off they should Remove void form void bolt and bring back passive damage increase that has a chance on procing when devouring plague is active when you mind flay or Mind blast a target with all three dots on them.

34 Likes

Arent those all his alts?

I dislike requiring a legendary (SFP) to do meaningful damage on medium sized AoE. More so cause of SW:D.

I’d very much welcome ghosts/dots getting buffed up again a bit. Or perhaps having them experiment with devouring plague spreading to max 4 nearby targets. Maybe rework psychic and include this spreading plague effect.

Patchwerk pure single target is currently a bit to high. I guess it doesn’t matter that much though, since most endbosses aren’t patchwerk style anyway. Regardless I’d prefer shadow to get a bit more of its spread cleave niche back.

theres likes tons of good ideas about shadow aoe… what have they done ? gave you a second mind sear that cost instead of generating

wow fun

but what do one expect of a company that isnt even able to buff dead Talents over Years :slight_smile:

31 Likes

not much tbh they want you to play 60k fire mage or 147k DH tank. i like to see them actually buffing shadow and removing’s power word infusion for good and forever.

According to check-pvp yes…theyre all his alts…hes/shes liking his/her own posts…how pathetic you can actualy be to switch your characters on the forums (20+ times) to upvote your invalid arguments so they seems like relevant ones…

Youre just spreading missinformatiom for ppl that actualy came here for some info. If you have no clue then you shouldnt be preaching to others imho.

At this point what this conversation is missing are some links to ask mr robot and we are back to good old Aalok conversations…if feel like you just wanna bumb this threat no matter what…and you know youre wrong.

1 Like

for the next ex pack i suspect blizzard wont nerf fire mage or address shadow or arcane mage/priest or nerf any broken spec this season or even slightly try and fix shadowlands. They should instead aim their money in to the to due class rework we were promised in 8.3 but didn’t get in 9.0.3 so the classes going in to 10.0 don’t feel miles apart as they do now

1 Like

they should just remove the talent three all together it doesn’t fill a role anymore in wow

Yes. but its pretty obvious fire needs to be nerfed downwards, not shadow priest raised upwards. we dont need all 24 DPS Speccs doing 60k DPS lol, its on every entry a terrible idea.

they dont suck at M+. While yes. agreed the fix was a bandaid, buffing a borrowed Power defintly doesnt fix the class on a base line, but when that legendary buff also lifts it a mile high in ST its a Pretty solid go to.

They really dont do “0 DPS”… like by ur Statements u seem to beleive NO dps in the entire game outside fire mage is worthy… because its the only Specc sitting that far out from everyone…

Ur asking for a buff based on a problem every specc is facing.

Just like. throughout every expansion. mages are automatically given top DPS throughout expansions with very rare dips and quick fixs when they do. but learn

Litterally no other class outside of mage gets that

mage has and Always will be a class which is held at the top, it’ll always be the last to be nerfed, and even if ur cries are loud enough to push those changes ur getting nerfed a week later. thats how it works.

We saw it after 8.2

Mages were number 1 yet Shadow got nerfed lol. if u arent aware by now, u’ll never be comparable to a Mage in Most patchs with any class other then playing a mage yourself. your lying to yourself.

Yes Power word Fusion and Void Form need condensing into 1 ability that only buffs yourself.

this is a thingf for every class, every “uncapped” ability is capped to 20 Mobs… including mages. i dont see why u consider this a problem… as i find it VERY unlikely your doing runs where ur tanks seriously pulling 20 monsters.

No. the less Passives the better. I already think mastery is a boring enough stat. Passives are quiter litterally a hotfix Damage modifer increase that gets displayed in ur Spellbook instead of the forums. its boring, its dull its uncreative.

the situation isnt perfect no and buffing Borrowed Powers instead of base speccs is also not the best result.

a every class problem… theres no specc in the game not being treated the same. im sorry but thats the truth. No class is comparable to Fire Mage. it wasnt in 8.3 it isnt now.

u seem to be thinking we disagree with you, its incorrect. we all aknowledge a fire mage is doing more damage then a Shadow priest. the issue is u beleive shadow should be lifted to do 60k to match…

U cant lift 24 SPeccs to 60k DPS… the power creep is just too much in that in itself. Fire mage needs Nerfing. thats the flat truth. other speccs dont need buffing to match fire. fire needs nerfing to match the other speccs. its the singular outlier realistically.

no all classes needs buffing.

@Daddydwarf

I dont think its worth to comment Thellanahs answers and “suggestions” because this is just a troll or the perfect example for childish ignorance behaviour. I still dont know. I mean everything posted by that kid is unreal and probably the worst suggestion for a class thats even possible. I mean making almost everything passive and removing everything that needs a bit of brain with timings.

But tbh i am really excited if they make big changes. Im still waiting for 9.1 ptr with all the class changes. Ive never seen such big complaining for a class like this time (for fire mages) but its clerly justified.

thats ridiculous Fire being nerfed is a Satistical buff to every other class by default. Buffing every class would statistically cause another abnormally like Mage currently… which lifting asgain to their level would repeat the problem again.

News flash, ur never gonna balance 24 speccs and not have aSingle one end up higher. its full stop not doable. So u buff 24 speccs to 60k suddenly one does 80k so u rebuff, then suddenly ones doing 100k. then half way through some scaling abnormally causes a specc to do 140k. Suddenly we’re seeing 1million DPS Each again and the Power creeps off the charts

then we hit a wall like BFA Launc hwas when blizzards forced to restrip us of everything.

the logical path is Simply nerfing the abonmrtally, its far easier to bring 1 class to the middle line then 24 speccs to the top line. its balance wise far more possible and far less likely to go wrong.

U proclaim that u cant get accepted to groups… u proclaim no one wants u, ever thought maybe ur the problem? u advertise ur class as a Dead option… u spread a community perception that shadows bad. no wonder ur not being invited

If ur calling a Good Class bad, people will pressume u cant play the class
if they dont know ifd ur class is good or bad they’ll ryun with the public opinon.

agreed lol, they clearly have no idea what they’re talking about xD Either a Desire to become a FoTM or yeah a troll xD.

should be doable tho

I sincerely hope you’re trolling or you really are that clueless. Shadow is by far one of the strongest specs for raid currently, period. Our single target is absolutely f*cking mental and our scaling is out of this world. With 9.0.5 most of our AoE issues for M+ also got a pretty decent fix, I’ve been having the time of my life running SFP with misery and either AS or SC.

There’s absolutely no way we’re not getting nerfed come 9.1. and if we are not we’re pretty certainly becoming close to being gods next tier, especially if things like boomkin/ele shaman get a nerf. We are literally one of the best scaling specs in the game. We scale off of haste master and crit. We legit cannot lose. I have absolutely no idea how you’ve gotten so many likes on your posts since most of what you spout make absolutely no sense and are terrible suggestions. Based on that I’d have to wager on the fact that you really are indeed, clueless.

They’re the person’s alts.

In that case they need help.

Rather they remake SN into something that’s not clunky AF to use tbh. And it doesn’t need a % buff to its damage. It already does a ton if mobs are stacked. And no way is SN applying VT going to be balanced. As shadow currently is there’s no way it would be balanced if we could compete with fmages or boomies or ele on AoE. We’re already pretty broken in the ST departament. The moment we’d be as good as a fire mage on AoE we’d get nuked from orbit.

For what it’s worth I don’t think Shadow’s aoe is well designed, but I can’t deny its effective.

Mind sear lagging SN behind by 1 gcd every time you have to stop shouldn’t on paper be much of a problem, and it wasn’t up until now honestly. However, with shadowflame prism shadow’s aoe rotation with bender up just feels too busy to justify the pointless gcd of sear before you actually get to spend any insanity.

1 Like

That’s why they’d rather design an actual fun spell to use instead of SN and let it replace mind sear/not interact with it at all for our AoE. But that’s not gonna happen. And since SN is a talent there won’t be a legendary to alter it so that’s just a double loss.

I had the same problem of not having enough globals to get enough DPs out with SFP. Swapped to SC and it works like a charm, especially since it’s uncapped. Did over 1mil dmg in a DoS I did today.

All in all I’m extremely happy with how SP is currently, but I am very afraid of 9.1. since I see no way us going into next tier untouched and with how blizzard handles nerfs I’ve already gotten a few alts up to speed to fall back on next patch.