Blizzard Address Shadow Priest In the near future

I just have switched to night fae, but played necro till now. Was doing +18 this week in time as shadow priest necro, getting the same overall dps as every other class +/- 0.4k. You all whine and you cant just think to yourself “if someone can do good damage as shadow priest, I also can but i have to learn”. If you would watch this video you would see that he does more than fire mage on +12 adds there. This is probably bad comparision, because this mage probably didnt know how to get maximum potential of mage, but apart from mages, spriest doesnt lack any aoe compared to other classes.

1 Like

its because he plays a broken covenant which reduce your void form to nothing and lines it up with prism. also a reason to why night fae pulls ahead of other covenant’s and i knew ancient to madness was a good dps talent.

When i think of blizzards fixes i think of sloppy joe.

What i meant is that i shouldnt really compare spriest to mage, because its the heaviest aoe class at this point, so every other class compared to mage in terms of aoe will look funny. Anyways, if you still will stick to the opinion that shadow has bad aoe, then you wont really learn how to aoe as shadow. Btw aoe as shadow at +12 targets is actually easy. You can ski vampiric touch, just go mindbender prism combo while spamming searing nightmare on void form and thats all. Surrender to madness is good for m+ because it provides you more aoe burst in big packs. So in fortified weeks its a way to go, but in tyrannical weeks void bolt talents is more viable cause of single target. In aoe encounters you mostly skip casting void bolt so you basically have no use of the talent, while surrender to madness gives you very high burst during void form aoe pumping

This i know im just pointing out out over all dps out put on 3 sec starters is so low compared to druid fire paladin DH warlock even rogue. and night fae cd reducer fix problem with priest its such a sloppy joe fix :stuck_out_tongue: like 5k apart from all other covenants in dps is such a unfair advantage.-

Its not 5k apart from all other covenants. You really should stop looking for excuses man. This guy i sent you video of is actually ranked 1 spriest on the world in terms of m+ keys. So he doing 8-10k dps is not about covenant but about insane skill xD And yes, priest needs few secs to start pumping dmg, but in terms of dps at the end of the fight its not worse than other classes. You have to remember that some classes just shine on aoe, when others shine on single target. We shine on single target but we have really really good aoe too. If played correctly, the only classes i see being visibly stronger than priest are boomkin and mage, but considering 80% of people playing boomie and mage cant really play the game, there is nothing to be worried about.

100% cd reduction covenant yeah right boi. if one thing i saw in that video they should nerf night fae its overturned as heck.- 2 pets dps for you whilst your lining it up with a legendary that only night fae can use to its fullest potential. I don’t see any skill in that what so ever its just a broken covenant that blizzard wants you to play because they don’t balance the other covenants to do the same because they gave up in 9.0.5. Suggar coating a covenant to be skill when its just instant push no brainer shows how little effort they put in to other covenant’s. Got no hopes for 9.1 or ending patch but if you feel like linking rank 1 priest just to prove to me that i should force play a covenant to be able to dps then i think you should go and brag elsewhere.

1 Like

Sorry bro but you are just whinning af, as i said i was doing +18 this week as necro, sometimes coming close to 7k overall, which i suppose could be better if I was actually a better player. You cannot take into consideration that you just do something wrong, its absolutely covenant xD Yes, night fae gives you the most of all covenants, and all classes are working the same - there is 1 covenant that is the best to pick in terms of dps, but the diffrences arent as big as you think they are. The top ranking of priests is dominated by faes, but its not that they achieved it because of being fae, they just being the best players were forced to maximize their potential by picking the most viable choice, cause they play top level. You can see that 14th priest in the world is venthyr, 27 and 28th priest in the world are necrolords. They proove that its not about covenant, but eventually every better player will change to night fae if they are willing to tryhard. But if they dont swap, they anyways can play on top level, but will just not maximise their potential. Looking at what you write i know why people don’t like taking priests for m+ at all, because priest players lack skill, and its a hard class to play, so they probably see priest as the worst dps in their team all the time.

It’s not about skill it’s about people and meta if I’m not night fae, We don’t take you oh if you don’t play fire or have combat Ress nah man we don’t take you, But i get your point just saying if you think its skills then tell that to the blizzard balancing crew. The covenant thing they did in shadowlands works for meta slaves even more- Not complaining, I just want blizzard to open their eyes not everyone want to be a boring fairy with a busted kit that needs a heavy nerf should be 20% not 100% they should make the pet dmg more over all instead.

In what world is night fae twice as good as any other covenant for shadow? Seriously.

You get to use Prism 2 times because you can time it on 100% cdr on void form down to 1min to line up with mindbender 1min cd reduction which makes night fae get an unfair dps advantage becouse other covenants gets to use it every 3rd 5th when void form is up. they should nerf and rework night fae to give a dot damage insteed of a cdr its a busted kit like if you use it right priest goes busted with prism on raid fights if night fae.

This doesnt line up exactly this good, but yes, thats the profit of being a fae, but its not as a big diffrence as you think compared to other covenants. Good usage of unholy nova as necrolord aslo was giving me a good damage output.

1: It doesn’t actually line up perfectly with Mindbender it’s still 10 seconds off and you still have to wait.

2: If you aren’t night fae you can just play talbardars in single target and do absolutely fine.

3: In M+ it’s rare to impossible, especially in less coordinated groups, to line bender with NF voidform every single pull, you’re always sitting on CDs to pair them back up or using one without the other to do damage in the immediate.

Edit: I hadn’t realised when you said “20% not 100%” you might have been referring to the cooldown reduction itself. The main reason I didn’t initially consider this is because that’s such an absurd change I couldn’t comprehend it. Night fae reduces voidforms cd by 20 seconds, every 90 seconds. Reducing that CDR 5x would shave off only 4 seconds. Making it completely useless as a covenant.

still don’t take away the fact that man did 50k on single target boss prism and night fae its busted night fae needs a nerf and a rework they should remove the cdr down to 20% and buff the pet damage up instead. What would balance the game more if they buffed our shadow word pain up.

1: That boss takes 100% increased damage.
2: He has every single possible cooldown active at the time, prideful buff, and lust. Things you also have full access to when doing your mists keys too.
3: You can and should play Shadowflame prism in m+ without being night fae.
4: In that moment he would probably do MORE damage as another covenant because night fae CDR isn’t relevant to a boss when you’re only pressing voidform once anyway. All it gave him was 300 mastery and 1 extra plague of insanity.

1 Like

he did 30k on single target because of the dps bufff that goes there after taking down boss pet, also the fight was short enough that they burst it, which means that this is dps of the burst, not the actuall single target dps he is able to output. I think you should stay away from sugestions what could balance the game, as you sometimes say things suggesting that you have lack of knowledge in some aspects of the game and this particular spec

Still don’t take away the fact blizzard sugar coat night fae while doin nothing for the other covernants

So i would suggest trying to improve, than trying to improve the game.

2 Likes

Also as someone above mentioned, there is no logic behind what you are saying, because on this fight the fight was short enough that he didnt make any use of CD reduction, which you say is so op.

Night fae in general is over tuned

Across all classes and specs, probably. But that has absolutely nothing to do with the specific situation you currently seem so fixated on.