Blizzard cancels a us server connection!

So, for those who do not know, Blizzard planned to connect Proudmoore-US and Hyjal-US. From what I have read the outrage over this connection came because Proudmoore has a reputation as an LGBT friendly server, so they didn’t want to have their community destroyed by connection them to another server. So Blizzard decided to cancel the connection.

Now to EU, Blizzard connected Al’Akir to Burning Legion a 95%+ polish server and they also connected Frostmane to a Portuguese server… This also caused outrage and complaints only with these two connections the complaints are solely due to the language barrier.

How come Blizzard cancels their plans after only 300 complaints on the US forums yet still proceeds with the two EU connections after more than a 1000 complaints on the EU forums?

34 Likes

we dont have Polish or Portuguese servers tho? o.o. as i said in the last post which was on the wrong forum.

They are EU Servers… if blizzard tried to select servers and put them together with What players deem them to be… it’d be impossible to combine any servers at all

the EU has like 24 Languages.

Na has like a variation of 4 xD

1 Like

The sooner you all learn to speak American the better.

4 Likes

Well, as you said yourself, one complaining community is gay and US, the other just complain about language differences on a forum probably noone at Blizzard reads or cares enough.

6 Likes

American… is Just second learnt english?

they can all speak english… but when u have a guild of only 1 nationality u all speak ur home language its pretty normal.

america has alot of homophobia… so theres a good reason why a LGBT community would all roll on one server… and likely should be protected due to 2quantity of hate

there is no select realm for Polish and im almost certai nthe other one doiesnt have the -Portuguese… someones just decided to label 2 servers after nationalities… xD which anyone could do realistically.

i mean if we’re merged from a Language specific realm its different we have a right to complain… but these are on the standard EU Server selections.

Respect mah authoritah!
See, I already know it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you did… I’ve a feeling it’ll go over some people’s head.

Cartman is that you?

1 Like

Please guys let’s keep this on topic

But it’s a topic that already has a topic, another topic on the same topic is just one topic too many… unless it’s a chocolate bar. Apart from tying in a tenuous link to another possible topic, you could just have carried on the pre-existing topic.

If I remember right, the forums were not the only place there were complaints from PM players. Reddit was another.

It sucks. Hyjal also has their own LGBTQ+ friendly environment. Yet Proudmoore is so inclusive that they exclude anyone being connected to them.

5 Likes

I’m offended!

I thought this would cause a backlash. I realise why they cancelled the other connection but it does seem that some realms can object to connections and others can’t.

10 Likes

Does US have “official” LGBT servers then?

12 Likes

Yea I totally agree, I just don’t know if I should see this as Blizzard giving NA special treatment or if this is just an outlier due to Proudmoore’s community

1 Like

im polish myself and im kinda dumbfounded by the decision to merge Burning Legion with anything else. I play on Silvermoon myself but i know BL to be an ‘unofficial Polish server’ for YEARS. I knew this even in 2012, ages ago.

Why merge other servers with this particular one? The language sounds like alien talk to non Polish ppl. Ppl from realms being connected to BL will not get any benefit except for richer AH. Almost all guilds on this realm speak Polish only so it’s kinda useless, these players will not have any new guild prospects there.

9 Likes

I would presume (this is all guesswork) that it’s looking at the longevity of the game and making bigger connections this time around, connecting just low population realms didn’t have a long last effect. So this time they have connected larger and smaller realms together in an effort to bolster with a more long term effect.

Some realms have unofficial leanings towards other languages and one English realm is labelled as Portuguese. I would presume they are linking them all up regardless under the mantle of ‘English’ realms.

One of the other MVPs (Trelw) who was reasonably involved last time around, believes more connections could be made into those. So more English realms could be added to bolster the English speaking community. None of this is official information. MVPs know as much as the rest of us but I’d say his is a more educated guess based on his experience.

1 Like

But then it makes even less sense that one unofficial community is allowed to object to connections and others (including an officially labelled Portuguese community) aren’t… I mean, I am glad that the community on Proudmoore have a place to play where they are happy and safe, but I hate the unequal treatment of other types of community here. Fairness for all, not just for one imo.

8 Likes

I find it interesting that Blizzard outright says they view Hyjal as a low pop server even though it is listed as a high pop server on the realm selection screen. I think this could mean Blizzard intends to connect every high pop server to smaller/bigger servers in the coming months. I hope Trelw sees this and gives his thoughts on this as he knows a lot more about this stuff than me

6 Likes

Lightbringer/Mazrigos could use help. We are medium server, but our numbers are dwindling :disappointed:
We don’t even have boosters spam! This is how dire our situation has become…

2 Likes