Blizzard cancels a us server connection!

I don’t pay any attention to what the realm selection list says but I know many feel that is the actual status of realms. We used to be able to get a rough idea of realm populations through various sites but it’s been harder since Blizzard changed their API. Many sites have very different data from what Blizzard sees.

Even if they are not recognising unofficial languages on realms we have to accept that they are the only ones that can see the actual data. How many characters per realm, how much activity there is, the split between Horde and Alliance etc. I would love for us to be able to see all that information.

4 Likes

True but the game doesn’t have servers listed as LGBT either, its just a reputation based on those who are LGBT gravitating to those servers and creating communities there.

“Y’all”.

You failed at the first hurdle. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

your correct here… although u didnt really reply to the actrual reasoning.

again.

America has high volumes of homophobia…

the EU Doesnt have high volumes of racism towards Poland.

we Dont need “protecting” from Polish players.

yeah, because Americas full of homophobia lol, its a major difference here realistically lol.

forcing a combine upon a Minority like the LGBT+ would likely lead to huge public press on blizzard not caring for LGBT lives or Rights… we all know exactly how that sorta political view goes down.

Its litterally UNAVOIDABLE on EU Realms

EVERY realm is Sterotypes to a different language… Leaving ONE server out of Merging isnt the same as not server merging the ENTIRE EU POP based on laguages.

I hope that they will connect more high pop servers. The server I play on (Balnazzar) was listed as high pop until a few days ago and yet trade chat is completely dead except for the boost spam every few min…

Language difference - no problem
someones sexuality that doesnt even matter in a game - ye ye, we have to respect that, lets cancel this merge

Well world is crazy. I demand a slav realm as playing with western capitalist europe players hurt my feelings.

7 Likes

I’d say things are different in america. People get offended so easily and cause all sorts of drama. Europe seems to be a lot more calm, thats why blizzard probably isnt listening.

1 Like

theres a major difference.

the US have 1 Realm which isnt being merged

to avoid Language differences on EU Realms… we litterally couldnt be merged.

the quantity of servers that’d require Exclusion is MASSIVE compared to one server on NA Realm.

24 Different languages… and we have TONS of Servers which are sterotyped to a Specific Language its not Realistic to try and do merging around 24 languages.

ontop of this… is it Fair to Leave the Polish people on a Low pop server by themselves realistically?.. its the LGBT+ Community kicking up about it… not the other Server kicking up about them…

Polish players can ALL Speak english… i date a Damn Polish they’re taught english from like 3 or 4 years Old… and had Plenty of talking.

your forgetting ur “Language barrier” Doesnt exist Because they CAN SPEAK ENGLISH.

2 Likes

Realistically i dont see this happening, but an eastern europe realm would be nice, maybe offer free transfers so slavs play with other slavs.

Polands Central Europe… not Eastern… its Under central European times…

2 Likes

You got me there!

this is every trade chat im afraid :confused:

@Aegon: If you look at the wording closely, it says “lower”, not “low”. Kaivax also notes “definition (within reason and accounting for a few idiosyncrasies)”, implying that there are other aspects than pure numbers involved. He also mentions “list of lower population realms, we don’t think it’s so low that it will be detrimental to leave it unconnected at this time.” and finally “look at Hyjal again in a few months to see how it’s doing.”.

What Kaivax is saying, though he uses a lot of fancy language, is that there are, from Blizzard point of view, different levels of “lower” population. Also, as I have noted multiple times even in the recent past, the ingame listing is a hybrid indicator, partially based on the total number of existing characters and partially on the current level of activity. Some realms are on “edges” and switch status during the course of day as relative numbers change. Really big realms like Draenor or Silvermoon do not drop to “Low” even when they have very few people currently online, because they have such insanely big total numbers. Everyone can verify this by looking at the listing just after all realms have been down for maintenance. Big realms “start” with a higher rating. On the other hand, under extremely unusual circumstances even a tiny realm can go into lockdown and have a queue, but this is a superrare occurence.

2 Likes

i made a similar mistake… and Polish Apprantly get very angry when u make it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

when i called my misses Eastern europpean she flipped a lid at me

1 Like

I live germany as neighboor to poland and still got that wrong rip :joy:

I actually read about the Balnazzar, Warsong, Gorgonnash, The forgotten Coast and Alterac Mountains US CR’s. Apparently this server (all connected) was listed as medium from MOP until the end of legion (where a lot of people leaves the game and waits for the next xpac) where it was suddenly listed as full pop from one day to the other. And the people who plays on it were scratching their heads because they know the server had been dying for years at this point and trade chat was nonexistent. I went there myself on a trial account to check it out and the server is indeed dead on both factions, so something shady seems to be going on regarding the information we are given on the server select screen.

3 Likes

I dunno, do polish frequently refuse to speak english when u group with em? O.o. i’ve yet to actually have problems with these People… they’ve all spoken english to me…

I mean sure they have Polish only guilds… but realistically… it doesnt really change anything considering the other option is No other people?.. which results in the same amount of english guilds to begin with.

What next, Certain race only servers? Gay people can’t hold a monopoly on a server imo. segregation sounds a perfectly good thing to do it seems? (Sarcasm) What’s being gay got to do with World of Warcraft exactly? It’s not a dating app. Who cares who you sleep with? This is coming from someone with a gay sister and I support her.

11 Likes

Hey Trelw do you think Blizzard will Connect the Balnazzar-Sunstrider+8 realms? Since it is their largest connected server in terms of servers connected to each other (10!) I kinda fear they will just leave us alone…

You know a server is dead/dying if not even boosters bother to spam there…

3 Likes

Proudmoore is… strange. It’s your classic Twitter mob with “you’re valid, queen!” cries from the regulars. They say they get a lot of trolls so they need special protection.

6 Likes