Blizzard do not care about new players anymore

The game was all about playing, no matter which level you were, you could have fun at level 15, 30 and any else. Now it’s rat race to endgame content, people are gearing very fast then post on forums “WoW is dying” “Game is boring”

3 Likes

I’m saying i’m a new player. All i needed to do was to realize i shouldn’t go ahead >of the tank. And i shouldn’t pull aggro on adds.

First, let me state this again, since it wasn’t clear… I’m not really a new player, I’m a returning player… I pretty much know all this…

Is doing these 2 simple mechanics really that hard? If yes, then i do believe that being kicked once or twice will help you learn it better.

Looks like you didn’t read my post before replying, or didn’t understand it… What part of “I was kicked right at the beginning, before even engaging a single mob?”

being new means You might not know your damage rotations that well.

Not really related if I was doing enough damage or not, low-level content… and FWIW, other runs of the same dungeon I was kicked from… I was always 1st or 2nd in DPS… And I have details! logs to prove… And no, I wasn’t pulling aggro or screwing up, but as I said, that’s irrelevant to the case.

Or you might not do everything perfectly which trust me, no one will kick you for it.

Yeah, I got kicked by simply saying “I am new here”…

But if you’re marching forward, ignoring the tank and creating a mess of things, then it’s not time for you to do dungeons. You need to learn first.

Still irrelevant, because as I said, we didn’t even had engaged the first mob before I got kicked

I get where you are coming from, the 30min debuff is annoying when it is out of your control, but I think it is a good thing for those who deserve to be kicked for AFK’ing etc
I would look for a mature guild and run with those to chat and have fun and just accept that a pug is a means to an end, in and out with no chit-chat.

Kick shall not =/= Leave, it is like your classmates don’t want you to play with them basketball, so professor gave you more homework because of this. It’s a crap.

3 Likes

I believe the problem wasn’t that he was doing anything particularly bad but that he mentioned he was new to the game and rule number 1 in today’s wow if you are in a pug or lfd group never ever mention that people sadly nowadays hear it as if you said aids because people have no patience and 0 respect for other people anymore in wow,some people do but those are guild’s.But why should he have to be forced into a guild if he wants to play the game with his wife?.

2 Likes

Sadly you can’t force someone to like you. So if people refuse to play with you, there is nothing you can do, but make your own guild or fish up some nice people and play with them :frowning:

1 Like

I believe the problem wasn’t that he was doing anything particularly bad but that >he mentioned he was new to the game and rule number 1 in today’s wow if you >are in a pug or lfd group never ever mention that people sadly nowadays hear it >as if you said aids because people have no patience and 0 respect for other >people >anymore in wow,some people do but those are guild’s.But why should >he have to be forced into a guild if he wants to play the game with his wife?.

Just as you said :slight_smile: I really don’t have time for high-level content anymore as I used to. So, my wife and I we simply do a few quests together a day, then run a couple dungeon through PUG… Then… I got kicked for no reason, ok, happens. But then I got a debuff?? wtf

1 Like

Yes you can’t force someone to like you but you kind of missed the point of my post a bit.

1 Like

Well the suggesting Alexima tryed to give was “not telling you was new there” and then you would have stayed long enough to only be kicked based of stuff mentioned next.

However I will say on a personal note, I think you did the right thing, in stating you was new and trying to be polite :slight_smile:, since the rest of the group would have been able to give you a bit of guidance if needed (properly wouldn’t since most low level dungeons isn’t that hard, which just make the kick look even more unjustified)

Sadly you can’t force someone to like you. So if people refuse to play with you, >there is nothing you can do, but make your own guild or fish up some nice > people and play with them :frowning:

Sure we can’t, and the problem is not being kicked… The problem is being punished for it…

So basically, as said before, if you join a PUG, and somebody just doesn’t like your char name, or your outfit, they can kick you, and you will be penalized…

there’s nothing that can be done about that. Gaming community in general is toxic. If they create a report system for this problem, then a new problem will arrive. Wrongfully reporting people.

There are a ton of things 2 people can do together. But if they’re planning on doing more serious stuff, these are the consequences. So better to avoid getting into a problematic situation than being in one and asking for changes.

Yup and i hate it.

I miss 3+hour BRD runs and summoning stone travels to me both of those beat LF anonymity 100-0.

There is nothing blizz can do except removing deserter after being kicked.

There are a ton of things 2 people can do together. But if they’re planning on >doing more serious stuff, these are the consequences. So better to avoid getting >into a problematic situation than being in one and asking for changes.

I’d never consider lvl 30 and below dungeons as “more serious stuff”, but shrug

While I don’t disagree with the problem but I still don’t understand why do you have to be forbidden from saying you are new because new player is good more friends and more cash for blizzard.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this op.

This is what happens when the company fires GMs and CS and automates everything. Without human filtering these abuses will go unnoticed.

I’m seriously considering ESO. Looks so fun!

2 Likes

As others have mentioned a social / leveling guild is properly your best option sadly :slightly_frowning_face:, to avoid this.

1 Like

Sorry to hear this op.

This is what happens when the company fires GMs and CS and automates >everything. Without human filtering these abuses will go unnoticed.

I’m seriously considering ESO. Looks so fun!

Reason I’m coming back to Final Fantasy XIV… playing since release, I’ve never got a single punishment, kicked? yeah, punished? never (No deserter here)…
But, in a week of BFA… 2 penalties for being polite… Only regret is the waste of money on 2 copies of BFA deluxe…

But the punishment is there for the ones who deserve to be kicked and you can’t distinguish between the fair and unfair kicks.

Blizzard aren’t essentially wrong for having it there but it isn’t working as intended.

Option 1) leave as is and put up with unfair kicks resulting in debuff.

Option 2) totally remove the debuff and let the ones who deserve to be kicked go unpunished.

Option 3) rewrite the rules surrounding kicks so those who kick unfairly get punished yet the debuff stays. That should in a perfect scenario prevent some unfair kicks as people would be less likely to kick unfairly if they knew they would get punished, say a 24 hr lockout from dungeons for doing it.

Again blizzard aren’t likely to go with option 2 or 3. It could be put to them in the next Q&A if they intend to do anything though. Or you could submit a suggestion in game.

I stand by my advice to you though, find a decent guild and make friends to run content with and avoid pugs. Don’t let the toxic ones spoil the game for you.

2 Likes

You could make it so repetitively being kicked within a time frame gave you the debuff. :slight_smile:

1 Like