BLizzard downscaling playerbase

with their own games. rival game diablo has taken all the people from wow it seems.
or is it just low population nowdays?
sorry im le bored. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Both WoW and Diablo are swords and magic fantasy games. Nothing strange that same people are attracted to both.

4 Likes

Well, Diablo 4 doesn’t have me yet because I simply can’t afford it to buy at the moment.

But I am surely more interested in Diablo 4 rn simply because the story there is much more made for adults and doesn’t refrain from atrocities and violence, unlike WoW these days in comparison.

These days in WoW it is for some snowflakes even horrible to see their own player skeleton if they die.

14 Likes

There is nothing much to do in Wow right now
I personally completed everything i wanted and there is a lot of time to do it later
season is going ot be 4-5 months long and i already did at least 85% of zaralek cavern :smiley:

Last time i felt good like this playing game was when wither 3 came out and then 2 DLCs
I spend so many hours in wither 3 doing random stuff :smiley:
diablo 4 has similar feeling
siting on my mount runing around sanctuary doing dungeons collecting herbs creating potions destroying enemies
FUN

1 Like

Blizzard needs a good game, to be honest. They haven’t released anything of note since the original Overwatch, and their only game releases - OW2 and Diablo: Immortal have both been surrounded by vast amounts of controversy. The stringent monetisation being a common one. With recent developments it seems OW2 is headed for the same failure as HotS 2.0. Interest in the game has dropped off significantly after the first season, and even more so after the announcement that PvE mode has been scrapped.

Blizzard, in its current situation, is an almost irrelevant game studio. They keep pushing out WoW and Hearthstone expansions in between scandals and controversies, but that’s about it. They need Diablo 4 to be successful or they are running the risk of losing all of their relevant IPs.

That being said, I’ll judge D4 when the full extent of its monetisation is known, i.e. when we see first hand what the battlepass includes, and how long a season lasts. But if there is an option to skip BP levels with cash, I am already a bit wary of what is being locked behind the higher levels, or how slow the grind will be for the BP.

i dunno people are already crapping on it in the comment sections and such lore is basically a copy paste of diablo 1 an 2 just changing the dark wanderer into a women (watched all the cutscenes on youtube :smiley:

people was not a fan of inarus basically being a cry baby too game play wise i guess it’s alright but after Diablo III … Blizz can go to hell :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I login into game now and i see a que in login screen so…

Diablo IV looks great tbh.

Sorry but the only thing good about diablo are the cinematics :confused:

4 Likes

Same here- a choice between D4 and a ticket for Iron Maiden this year. I chose Maiden, because i can play a video game any time- cant see Maiden at any time of the day apart from on YouTube

2 Likes

Can’t buy diablo because i don’t have money, yet.

the most childlike take in the media is “if game doesn’t have excessive amout of gore and blood then it’s for kiddies”, grow up, most kids love blood and guts in very graphical way, it’s not mature. on the contrary

2 Likes

Not sure if it is but I am taking this response not as criticism towards my own statement. I am sure most know what you said already. Problem is telling that to those companies and age-rating institutions.

This is what throwed me off, it’s not like d4 story is partiucularly mature. Nothig special about to be honest

WoW pop always goes up and down with the release of new game. Nothing too odd about it.

They’ll be back!

1 Like

I bought diablo and told myself ill play that when things get dead in the current wow patch and boy are we approaching that quickly. Ill probably just do some daily wq gold farm from now on and go and check out diablo soon

Most adults don’t like our Disney niffen allies

1 Like

Didn’t they say they put a hold on OW1 development to focus on developping OW2, specifically the PVE part of it? So OW1 players were left with absolutely no updates to the game for ages and then they scrap the PVE in OW2, which was the reason why OW1 got no updates? So they left the game with no updates for ages, to switch OW over to 5v5 and reshuffle pvp game modes and that’s it?

Truee. Story wasn’t bad but it wasn’t too satisfactory either. I didn’t like how Inarius went down. This guy have been through countless encounters and dramas and all of a sudden he loses it upon hearing a few words. (Spoiler)

It seems Mephisto will be the next villain. Lillith was underwhelming, perhaps he can do better.

I must say that they did well with gore stuff and brutality so I might buy d4 sometime later since they include PvP too, as you know first 6 months will be the real beta, then we can buy the game for lower price and also enjoy it without bugs and unexpected fixes.

Exactly I keep seeing this on the forums how wow isn’t “dark enough”. Dude it has its moments in any expansion when appropriate. Light and fun doesn’t mean childish. Also what’s the point of being an adult if we can’t be a little childish at times

Good one couldnt express it myself any better, it is becoming disneyworld it seems, really some people think the world is pink unicorns and candy, untill they go outside thats when they see the world is a cruel place.