Blizzard Feedback as a whole

We all have seen what blizzard has done, some care and some don’t.
Some enjoy the game as it is and some want more because promises were not filled.

I think blizzard has this mega gap of not listening feedback, not only from us the players who pay blizzard monthly for subs and pay for expansions but the workers as well who work for the game and lead team (as seen in recent news)

Sometimes when we spam blizzard for a bad change that nobody asked for, they might reverse it but that’s basically it, everything that comes to PVP community, PVE community and players who have thousands of hours, bleeding for a change on their favorite class or spec.
It all falls to the MAW of blizzards trash can of community feedback, it used to get sorted and found use, but now its just “yup, to the maw you go, i don’t care if it was good or bad suggestion, the depths with you”.

I feel very sorry for people who still love this game that includes me, who spend countless of hours trying to have fun, be social, building a community, all to be just ruined by bad corporation aspects and ideas.

6 Likes

Indeed. It’s one thing for moaning consumers to whinge on forums, but when internal concerns are being ignored by senior management and silenced by middle management then things are going very badly wrong. Nokia went from a market cap high of $145bn in 2007 (which is higher than ActiBlizz has ever been) to selling their entire handset division to MS for a comparatively paltry $7.2bn in 2013 because of the disconnects and denial that had developed inside the company (i.e. Symbian smartphones were rubbish, everyone at ground-level knew it, but senior management didn’t want to hear it). It’s easy to think these giant corporations are invincible and will survive any disaster, but truth is that huge companies do fail badly from time to time, sometimes to the point of ceasing to exist.

2 Likes

This describes my WoW sessions perfectly. I honestly don’t know why I’m still playing. I don’t really play any other games currently, and maybe that’s why. If I don’t play WoW I don’t play anything.

5 Likes

honestly anyone who still has wow installed is just bored or is to anxious to move to another game

1 Like

We hear your feedback on that we don’t listen to feedback. Now let us explain why you are wrong and that we do in fact to listen to feedback.

6 Likes

blizz has absolutely been listening to player feedback over the years. it’s why the game turned out so bad. because most stuff people ask for only work in their fantasies

We never asked for tier sets to be removed. We asked them to be returned but we didn’t asked for an extra system that is shard of dominations.

We never asked for more pruning during legion. We did ask for unpruning, but one that makes sense.

It’s more Blizzard listening to Wrong feedback.

Ghostcrawler was and still hated by the wow community, but he would at least interact with the community. Since legion, the only answer from Blizzard looks like “We right, you players, wrong”. Even if legion is a popular expansion, it started the root of the issues, ie players fighting against designers. In all honesty, if raids were sucking in SL, I would have quit.

3 Likes

people indirectly ask for things without realizing it because, again, they have no understanding of how the game works or why certain content is in the game right now.

crying about balance always results in pruning and homogenization, and it’s always one of the top 5 topics.
tier sets simply add a huge power jump and some of them change your rotation a bit to make your spec feel more fresh in mid-late expansion. they probably delayed adding them for this reason but as they said, sets come in a later patch.

99% of players think blizz is listening to the wrong feedback. the reality is (as blizz said) that they look to players for identifying issues but not for finding solutions. most things players suggest simply cannot be implemented within the context of the game or simply contradict common sense.

if devs came to the forum to actively communicate with the community (which I as a dev would never do considering the amount of disgusting toxicity this forum has shown towards them), those conversations would solely consist of devs explaining to players why they can’t eat glue

I’m actually neither, so, please don’t talk for me, thanks

1 Like

If blizzard listens to feedback, its always the smallest majority and not even in the good way.

Because you legit have people who have more knowledge of the game then blizzard themselves, because blizzard makes the game more from the perspective of “Longer game = more subs” “more time gapped content = more money”.

I don’t say that blizzard employees never play their own game, its just that, players obviously have more play time to find problems and make up actually good solutions for it.

This is why you would need to have good relationship with your community who pay to have fun with your product, but obviously the relationship is really bad, with reason or without reason.

Blizzard tries to go to good direction, but always goes three steps back for one good solution.

I have a theory that the developers only play raids and dungeons, hence why they’re always top tier and everything else is naff.

Players wanted professions profitable.
Blizzard added Legos so professions are profitable.
Players cry cause they need buy stuff from professions.
Blizzard removes Legos on 10.0
Players cry cause professions aren’t profitable.

And repeat.

Players cry that farm azurite for the neck was mandatory for the game, blizzard added anima who is completely optional, players cry cause no content… Cause they skip the word quests.

Players cry that boosting exist ingame but they don’t stop buy boosts and if blizzard banned it, they would use shady websites to buy progress.

Wow community is a joke they don’t know what they want.

I think professions have been alright, rarely ever have i seen a gigantic discuss about professions to be unbearable, about azerite and anima and other things, nobody wanted to have more borrowed power mechanics, specially mechanics that needed time gated mechanics.

The boost situation is like this, if you had the option to wait in a car for 50 hours or pay 60$ to skip the travel, there would be people who would wait and those who would pay.

And about shady boosting, just ban it, if you see character boosting ads, just ban, blizzard lets people do shady stuff, blizzard allows multiple character stacking, blizzard even allows bots in some extent when they can’t recognize character stacking and botting difference.

These are all problems that blizzard made, not the players.
Blizzard can easily remove a spit emote but not do a simple solution to character boost advertising.
And if you have character boost advertising, than they should try to make leveling more enjoyable.

And you obviously just read the 5% of community posts, you got big streamers who are tired of the game, you got e-sport players, dungeon runners and now ff14 is getting mad amount of support because people boycott wow for having constant bad ideas.

You know it takes some years to shut down legally a boosting website who do RMT right?

Is not simple press a button and all boosting website go away.

blizzard already tracks players, you could add a word recognizing system and find people in wow who boost.
People are soo unfeared by bans in wow that, people do illegal stuff in wow in brought daylight.

but you can track people IN GAME.

Oh? And how exactly will Blizzard “fix” this? If somebody wants to get boosted they will find a way. Be it legit or…not so legit way. Blizz can try to make hoops and limitations all they want. The boostee and the boosters will simply find a way around since Blizz can only attempt to control on whats happening on their forums and in-game. Private discords, websites, other social media platforms are a lot more difficult to influence.

im the same Cow… i dont play anything else… and i didnt know why i still played wow.

so i stopped playing wow as well and currently play nothing…

it’s not so bad honestly.

opened up a lot of free time to do whatever i like with.

2 Likes

blizzard has had 17 years to figure this out.
but rather focus on more systems.

simple as that, if you have a problem, you try to fix it, blizzard doesnt care and thats the thing, as i said before, any plea, goes to maw.

Just look at how terrible Choregast has become, atleast in my opinion.
I am just like Cow said, I log in try to find something fun to do, fail at doing so and log out.
Pvp is boring and unbalanced, pve is terrible because I play lock and dont have good pve gear so no invites there.

1 Like