Blizzard give us a new ranged class, pretty please (Dark Rangers preferably)

I seriously can’t imagine how bards would work in this world… necromancers or witch doctors would make more sense as both can be related to at least one race if not more also they appeared in the storyline many times

Dark Ranger should be a hunter skin. Need Tinker, Spellbreaker and Bard.

Just an opinion but I wouldn’t say Dark rangers are a specific class. More so an elite fighting force mainly made up of hunters and rogues and are mainly undead elves and forsaken. Im not really sure we need another class that has such restrictions on races and to be honest Im not a fan of adding more classes as blizzard cant even balance and look after the current crop of classes and specs properly.

Id much prefer that the option to have red eyes and some of the skin features added to bloodelves and that would be enough. Kinda like how they introduced the black eyes for night elves with the night warrior.

Would kind of be fitting Slyvanas gets her soul returned and loses her cool red eyes and the players inherit them :smiley:

True. Frost mage is unironically more similar to a feral druid than it is to an arcane mage. They may not be ranged both but they’re both very similarly streamlined in the way the rotation flows.

This. And the mog sets from Nighthold.

I beg to differ, instead of Arcane Shot Dark Rangers will have Dark Shot, It will do exactly the same thing as Arcane Shot but it will be dark purple. Edumacate yourself.

They made a huge mistake making demon hunters wear leather. They should have been mail wearers imo

No thanks, stop adding classes and actually balance the ones in the game instead.

Tinker as new rangerd, not dark rangers.

Dark rangers:

• another “elf centric hero class” when the last one we got was that.
  • another “antihero” hero class, when we got that as the last one.
  • very thematically similar to Hunter, just a “gloomy” version (dark rangers in game even have pets and use traps, they’re clearly meant to be hunters)
  • there’s no history of their use on alliance at any point so it would be very weird for the alliance to suddenly be all “yeah cool”
  • beyond black arrow, the ability to silence, raising undead, dark rangers don’t appear to have a lot of clear abilities. How do we fill the rest of their kit? We can’t just give them five thousand different “shadow arrows”.

Tinkers however:

• brand new thematic in class gameplay
  • not focused on elves AGAIN
  • plausible as healer, tank and DPS
  • not yet another “I’m evil but not evil” class. If the three classes added to the game, two of them have followed this trope. Let’s not make it 3:1.
  • Many clear and distinct abilities for tinkers are already in WoW canon, certainly enough for a kit: Rock-it Turret, Explodium Bomb, Micro Rockets, Deth Lazor, Explosive Critters, Med Kits, Healing Beam…it’s very easy to have gadgets for just about anything and stay true to the theme of gadgets. Not so easy for a thematic like dark ranger.

Like people have mentioned a healing dark ranger. How? How exactly does the dark ranger heal people? And how exactly is that thematically distinct of the dark ranger? If we’re talking about stuff like throwing healing salves or kits, that’s something a lot of classes could do, and is hardly “one must be a dark ranger to unlock this power” if that makes sense?

2 Likes

I’d rather they add Dark Ranger as an unlockable customization option for hunters, and not just skin, abilities too, after a quest chain explaining the lore, preferably.
I’d like to see more class themed customizations, would expand on different fantasies without the trouble of creating a new classes every time.

3 Likes

btw the warcraft 3 heroes paladin and priestess of the moon had
devotion aura and trueshot aura as permanent glowy buffs
id like that for our retail paladins and hunters
and devotion aura to be a small armor buff like in bc?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.